Please Fix Deadpool's Daily Quest

SoCalDevin
SoCalDevin Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
I wrote a post a few months ago about how boring Deadpool's Daily Quest is since we fight the same enemies over and over and over and over and over again. Nothing has changed and DDQ it has become a drag to play. 

As I previously wrote, the concept of DDQ is great. I loved it when it was first introduced and it quickly become my favourite feature in the game. One might argue we might need another, more advanced DDQ for those of us who have or are starting to max out all of the three star characters, but that's for another day. What I still question is why so little of the roster is represented in DDQ, making it such a bore. 

I decided to take down some data as I played DDQ over the past month. Here are the major points:
- If you didn't notice, DDQ does indeed run the same exact 5-day schedule with each DDQ rotation. The enemies you face today on Day 1 of the Emma Frost rotation are the enemies on every single day 1.
- While I counted the game as having 163 total 1-star to 4-star characters, DDQ only uses 41 unique characters. This means we are only facing 25% of the available 1-star to 4-star characters in DDQ.
- In total, DDQ uses 2 1-star characters, 10 2-star characters, 22 3-star characters and 7 4-star characters. 
- While the 2-star characters are well represented (out of 14 total), DDQ only features 25% of the game's 1-star characters, 46% of the 3-star characters and 7% of 4-star characters.
- Squirrel Girl is used the most, with 4 appearances.
- If you combine the 2-star and 3-star versions of Human Torch (as they feature the same exact power set), he has a total of 5 appearances and is featured in DDQ every single day
- 5 characters are used 3 times over the 5-day period and 12 characters are used 2 times. 

All of that **** just backs up the reason why DDQ has become a chore. If more characters were involved, or if it at least wasn't the same 5-day schedule for god knows how long, it could become exiting again. Why can't the developers create a 20-day, 25-day or 30-day rotation utilizing more of the roster? Facing the same lineup once a month is nowhere near as tedious as facing the same lineup every five days.  

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    My suggestion:  add a daily shard node and allow any VIP player to use their whole roster to clear any DDQ node.  This would speed up all those stupid 1* and 2* clears which is very frustrating for someone who has champed 4* and 5* rosters.
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Remember when this version came out and one of the selling points was that they could insert new characters in whenever they wanted.  Have they done that even once?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is way past time that DDQ was revamped beyond just a rotation of the enemy teams. The Devs have by their own actions with things such as Supports and Costumes demonstrated that they don't believe the 2* tier is where most of the player base is, so why retain 2 events that are exclusively for that tier? Third time's the Charm is the one that stands out to me as largely irrelevant, revamp that into something new.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    The sole purpose of DDQ (outside of rewards for 10 minutes of effort) is to make sure every single character in the game is rostered in order to complete all nodes every day.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I'd also like to earn some 4* goodies as that tier's number has exceeded the 3* tier's count when it started for years now.

Once we get that, then we can start talking 5*s because they're getting in that same boat. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems unlikely that there will be 4* or (ha ha ha) 5* rewards in DDQ at any point in time.  Unless (never) the game has 6* characters in it.

It seems to me that spare dev time (as in, not building characters) is all about shard bundles and vaults right now.

No time to even switch up the teams in DDQ.  Most players Thanos their way through it anyway (the ones they can) and are trying as hard as possible to minimize time spent in DDQ regardless of the node.

I can't necessarily blame them since DDQ is the bare minimum interaction with the game for daily players.  As in, even if you aren't trying hard in some event, chances are pretty good that you log in and do DDQ.  So.....by extension DDQ is the ultimate FTP event.  Not exactly the best place to focus your efforts if you want to raise your revenue numbers.
  • DAZ0273
    Or alternatively the perfect place to focus on if you want to continue to refresh and grow your player base
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    With the amount of 4* characters out there make the required 4* character in Behemoth Burrito the reward.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    thats not even considering all the different types of goons
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    A 4* for the Behemoth Burrito would be just a bit too easy given they are all only L70 or so.  Plus it would invalidate the Crash.

Speaking of the Crash, I wish they'd update that so that it's daily but still on a 4 day rotation. You'd be able to beat the crash once a day max and each time you won, the following day the opponent would increase by 30 levels. So day 1 would be 270, day 2 would be 300, day 3 would be 330 and day 4 would be 360. This would increase the challenge level for players and reward you as your 4* character passes through 4* champion levels.

KGB
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s always worth noting that DDQ came out in response to dilution in the 3* tier and at the time of its release the 3* tier had fewer characters than the 5* tier has today.  Food for thought...

I get why DDQ likely won’t get an update for more diversity on opponents, as it’s a purely optional PVE mode which isn’t easily monetized, but even if everything else stays the same it would be nice to add something there to combat the dilution in higher tiers.  
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I should say - I of course would support them updating DDQ.

Maybe there's some (small) hope that one reason they have left it the same for so long is they are doing a rework?  Maybe?

If they ever implement updated event rewards maybe DDQ will be one of the beneficiaries.
  • DAZ0273
    MegaBee said:
    I wouldn't mind getting some Mighty tokens up in there.

DDQ seems like a pretty decent place to have Mighty tokens seeing as 4* don't ruin things at 1 cover like 5* do for baby rosters.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,760 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 16th cycle started on 28 Jan, so we've had the same opponents for quite some time.
    This is the first time that I've seen such a long period: there were a few short ones before (usually over holidays), but this feels like DDQ is really on auto-pilot.

A revamped DDQ (with 4* shards?) would be very much appreciated, although the cyclical nature does make it easier to track and predict DDQ.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, I'd like to see 5*shards and Supports included, please. Do it in DDQ, or the unreleased Gwenpool's weekly thing, or the Support Circuit revamp.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Oh I would so love for DDQ to get some variety or real puzzle/challenge mode. Like „place x concurrent strike tiles on board“ or „lose less than x health“ or „make z match-4‘s“. Whatever, this is the place to break the horrendous identical grind that is PVE and PVP. Heck even boss events get stale now.

the bare minimum would be to not make it so repetitive each day. Like the definition of insanity is really getting to me when playing DDQ. That or Groundhog Day.
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    I would say keep DDQ as it is with the 3* reward for new players or for those farming 3*. What we really need is a daily 4* reward event. There are so many 4* characters in the game that is a nightmare trying to find covers for all of them.