RAW Event: Multiple Softlocks - Vanguards and others

Options
naabaldan
naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
Coalition mates are reporting softlocks/freezes in combination with vanguard support while playing event nodes

[MOD NOTE] Edited title for ease of reporting. Please report all RAW Promise soft locks here. BK

Comments

• Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same.  But in our case it was the flip card defect.
    Any time the flip card in your hand has an ability added or changed, in this case Teferi's Vanguard added flash to Connive/Concoct, a soft lock occurs.

The same thing will occur with Chandra III's first ability granting cards in your hand "can't have their mana drained or raised" when you've got 1 or more flip cards...I discovered this with Thrash, which really sucks because Thrash is a great card that I can no longer run in red builds until this defect is fixed.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am hearing this specifically with Teferi — multiple reports. 
  • Klep
    Klep Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    The Teferi thing happened to me as well, when adding mana and Flash to Discovery/Dispersal. Love to have to keep a running list of open issues in my head in order to play the game.
  • Merrick_FrontierYeti
    Merrick_FrontierYeti Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Teferi vanguard adding mana to split/flip spell got me as well.  Soft lock in winning game turned forfeit/lose. 
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Teferi vanguard freeze is very likely the same bug as these:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/80877/bug-tdw-investigating
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/80893/teferi-time-raveler-bug
    It affects far more than just Teferi, or just vanguards in general, or just one event.
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am using Teferi VG with no problem, just make sure NONE of your spells are flip cards. Even then, use caution, but I’ve had no problems adding mana and flash to Day’s Undoing, Radical Idea, Precognitive Perception, Arrestor’s Admonition... basically any single sided cards seem ok. This is for RaW and any other event afaik.
  • Nyvad
    Nyvad Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Got a freeze twice with this and I know for sure once it was connive/concoct.