Your Character Wish List for 2020

Comments

• Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Franklin Richard's 6******

(PASSIVE) Upon the games start, places a 1 turn fortified countdown that drains all enemy's health to 0, thus winning the game. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I'd be happy if we got a new story mission with some A.I.M. Footsoldiers to add a little variety to the ninjas, thugs, goons, mindless ones and symbiotes already on the roster at some events. 

Character wise - Red Skull and Kang are on the villain wishlist, and heroics I'd like Captain Britain (either the Billy Braddock or newly introduced version). 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    MrBowers said:
    Most of the previous replies have mention who I want to see, however maybe we could get more team up characters like c&d in the future 5* Cage and fist perhaps as an example
    FITZSIMMONS! :) Because they're awesome and Agents of Shield don't get enough love... speaking of, Agent Melinda 'The Cavalry' May is just long overdue at this point.

And for me, I'd rather have characters I've never even heard of, than variations on already in-game ones.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sentinels. Minion with at least one event and a Master Mold boss. I'll be disappointed if we make it out of 2020 without seeing them, and can't really think of an assortment of characters we could get that would be worth waiting another year to see Sentinels, you know?

Beyond that.

New characters: Another web-tile user. Someone like Spidey 2099, different color set and powers to work with the other 4/5 star web tile users. I'd go with a 4-star Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly) with a Sensational Spider-Man costume. Or Julia Carpenter. Or maybe Mayday Parker. Go old school, have some fun with it.

Then more Spidey villains. I'd like to see Lizard, Electro would be nice for some Sinister Six action, and then you've got Rhino and Scorpion and Shocker and Hobgoblin and Chameleon and Mister Negative, so on and so forth, plenty to pick from. One or two would be nice.

And then Hank Pym. Really, you could have him as Ant-Man, Giant Man, Yellowjacket, and Ultron, and get away with that many in the game. If we didn't have Scott and Janet as 4-stars, I could have seen a Scott/Hope or Hank/Janet combo as "Ant-Man & The Wasp" as a solid 5-star character (instead we have a decent 4, a good 4, and Hope "Swarm is the worst mechanic in the game" van Dyne as a 4.5 star). In reality, a 3/5 release of Ant-Man and Giant-Man for Hank, with a 4-star Yellowjacket, and a possible second 5-star as Ultron, wouldn't be that out of the ordinary. So if we could just get at least one so a founding Avenger isn't missing, bonus points if it's a 4-star that pairs well with Janet, that'd be nice.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    @JHawkInc I'm with you on another web tile user but perhaps a villain which makes the player have to play strategically as the web tiles can be used against you. Maybe Anti venom, Toxin, Riot etc.
    Honestly? I still wish 4* Venom interacted with them in some way, to play off of how he didn't trigger Spidey Senses. Like let his green count them for the purpose of reducing the cost of that power, or something. It would give him one distinct advantage against Spidey (and other Spider-people) without having a power that's useless against others, you know?

Smythe and the Spider-Slayer bots have potential to be "anti web tile" as well.
  • Cheetah1982
    Cheetah1982 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I hope to see Onslaught someday.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    As far as more Spider-Verse characters, I wouldn't mind seeing a Superior Spider-Man, maybe at the 4* tier given that we've only got 3* and 5* Otto's.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I'm getting pretty tired of seeing D-list X-Men characters (Wolfsbane?  Really?), so I do hope more villains are coming down the line. 

The already mentioned Red Skull and Electro would be great.  Make Electro's "gimmick" manipulating charged tiles or something.  You can't really go wrong with more Spidey villains, though.

Also wondering why we still haven't seen Purple Man/Killgrave yet.  You could do a lot of neat stuff with having the opposing team fire their powers against themselves and that kind of thing.

A Hank Pym 5* that can switch between Ant-Man and Giant-Man power sets (similar to Cloak & Dagger's mechanics) would be pretty cool.  Maybe give him a boost of some kind if Scott Lang or Wasp (either one) are on his team.

For "team" characters, The Warriors Three and Aurora/Northstar ideas mentioned above are good ones.  A Power Pack "character" would be cool, but I have no idea how you would make it work.  A Sentry/Void duo is probably long overdue as well.

Nonconventional characters would be neat too.  Would love to see something like Mary-Jane literally stunning people with her beauty or H.E.R.B.I.E. working something like Lockjaw, summoning different Fantastic Four characters to attack.

Also the next Limited character should be Aunt May as Golden Oldie.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen Malekith yet.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    With BW movie coming out, a 5* Taskmaster could be cool. Also whatever character Harbour is playing would be pretty dope.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if Marvel licensed comics are fair game.

Kool-Aid Man
    Ren & Stimpy
    Darth Vader
    Rom
    Godzilla
    Robocop
    Shogun Warriors

Yes, I realize a lot of these have moved to other publishers, but I can dream.

If we see Captain Britain and Red Skull I'll be pretty happy.  Not sure I have any other huge requests for unseen Marvel characters.

I do hope the design trends more back towards Human Torch and less towards Karolina Dean.  Recent 5's are better which I guess means the next one is going to be awful.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've heard that ROM the character is owned by Hasbro, but all the other Space Knight stuff that came out of the comics is Marvel's. ROM and M.A.S.K. were evidently cut from the planned Hasbro Cinematic Universe, so I guess there is a possibility that was due some Marvel Machinations? I couldn't say.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rom no chance - Marvel can't even reprint the stories in TPB. However as TRW says above - majority parts of the other cast and story were created work for hire for Marvel. I know there were some rumblings around the Dire Wraiths a few years back after IDW licensed the rights from Hasbro for their Rom strip and people were saying "Uhm how do you have copyright"? The Dire Wraiths were 100% created in the Marvel book but I dunno what the terms of the licensing were on that and whether any material produced by Marvel reverted to Parker Brothers (owned by Hasbro) once the deal expired but it seems possibly both companies think they can use them. Might be too dicey for licensing from a gaming point of view.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    With BW movie coming out, a 5* Taskmaster could be cool. Also whatever character Harbour is playing would be pretty dope.
    Red Guardian
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    The Watcher Stan Lee
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2020
    bluewolf said:

Kool-Aid Man
    Ren & Stimpy
    Darth Vader
    Rom
    Godzilla
    Robocop
    Shogun Warriors

5* Beavis & Butthead confirmed.
  • IceyOne
    IceyOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Elixir- think they could cool things with his powers

Cannonball

Gambit rework and costume
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

Kool-Aid Man
    Ren & Stimpy
    Darth Vader
    Rom
    Godzilla
    Robocop
    Shogun Warriors

5* Beavis & Butthead confirmed.
    And Beavis will have a mechanic that allows him to transform into The Great Cornholio.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Five Star Bro Thor

Four Star whatever character David Harbour is playing in The Black Widow Movie

Three Star Red Skull

Two Star Electro

One Star Skurge

• Ishalan
    Ishalan Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    A totally Game Breaking Idiot Version 5* Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds)

5* Magneto
    5* Franklin Richards
    5* Omega Red
    5* Red Skull

4*s
    Longshot
    Angela
    Sebastian Shaw
    Banshee
    Polaris
    Blob
    Rhino