Globetrottin' to 62.5% of a cover

2»

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is getting ridiculous: we're up to 390/400 now. Is there going to be a 10 shard reward, or will they be giving out more shards as a buffer for people who might have missed some of the earlier ones?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    This is getting ridiculous: we're up to 390/400 now. Is there going to be a 10 shard reward, or will they be giving out more shards as a buffer for people who might have missed some of the earlier ones?
    Now that you mention it, it seems like a few extra might be nice given the restrictiveness of the team options for the 12 Days event.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mikbro81 said:
    Every time I see a shard I think about the iso, hp, or cp that we're not getting anymore. 

20 separate rewards to get 1 cover. 

That's a lot of missing resources.  

I mean let's face it,  we were going to login anyway.  Now we're just getting less
    Does anyone know the node rewards from the last Twelve Days so we know what we’re trading off for one bonus 4* limited cover given out over the course of two(!) events?
    But what else did you expect?  Shards are an even more granular subdivision of useful digital goods.  Of course Demi/d3 would use that tighten the screws on monetization. . .
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Twysta said:
    Yeah it's official. I hate shards. 
    They're like the sneakiest change the devs have made, in the sense that people actually think it's a good change.
    All the while slowly reducing the rewards for the other currencies in the game and lowering the bonus hero rate (all the while with dilution slowly increasing). 
     :'( 
    I’ve been saying it since the beginning. Hopefully more and more people realize this. The developers do a great job with these spins that get the community fighting amongst one another rather than seeing these changes for what they are.  I kept my low review after Shardgate because I said it’s not about the rewards for me, it’s about behavioral changes which I’ve yet to see. Communication is still at an all time low. 

By the way I don’t expect to see BH back ever. I can’t imagine the amount of developer time and money that went into this shards thing but I don’t imagine it’s an inconsequential amount. So for better or worse it’s here to stay which is why I’m done rallying against it. I wish more people had in the beginning but it is what it is now. 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    Twysta said:
    Yeah it's official. I hate shards. 
    They're like the sneakiest change the devs have made, in the sense that people actually think it's a good change.
    All the while slowly reducing the rewards for the other currencies in the game and lowering the bonus hero rate (all the while with dilution slowly increasing). 
     :'( 
    Shards can ge a good change, but, as they're currently implemented, you're absolutely right and reducing our rewards is Talos's tiny kitty. In a few months' time I'd like the devs to have finished their tweaks and for you to be completely wrong. But Bob's not my uncle.
  • shap328
    shap328 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I’m just wondering what’s going on now that this is done and we have 450/400 shards for Ham. By design to give us an extra 50 shards?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect that they intentionally gave out more than 400 to increase the chances that people would reach a full cover. Remember that the first bundle of shards came out a little over a month ago: it'd suck to come up short just because you missed a few days or were unable to complete some of the 12 Days event due to the character restrictions.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

OJSP said:
    shap328 said:
    I’m just wondering what’s going on now that this is done and we have 450/400 shards for Ham. By design to give us an extra 50 shards?
    It's to annoy people who doesn't like having leftover shards.. :lol:

Joking aside, it's probably like jamesh said above.
    No reason it can't be both!
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Christmas ham leftovers are all good
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    It would be nice if Gwen Prix were to include shards for limited characters and run on a regular basis in the future.
  • Kizik
    Kizik Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    If you don't have a full covers worth then you've missed some shards; I'm at 450 of 400 on Porker.
    They gave us some before this event, maybe that is what you missed.
    The shards are a mixed bag. Getting partial covers is a pain, but the colorless aspect is an improvement.