Globetrottin' to 62.5% of a cover

Options
grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
Am I missing something a node or something?   I waited until the timer was less than 24 hours to make sure.   Are we seriously getting 62.5% of a limited character?   Is this to force us to buy the last 150?  Was this the purpose of shards? 

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is what’s known as giving you a reason to keep logging in/driving engagement. 

Maybe the next 12 day event has more pig shards.  Maybe there will be a bundle. Maybe a special pve or pvp. Who knows?

But everyone is asking about it so the devs are doing their job. 
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They started by giving us some free shards for logging in. Then Globe Trotting gave us more but not enough for a cover. Maybe on or around the 25th they will give us another set of free shard just for logging in that will give enough to get a cover.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is where shards will be beneficial if as suggested we get the rest of the shards to equal a cover. 
    In years past it was a single reward. So like we would be done now. By getting us part of the way we will keep checking in to get the rest.
    This way you keep checking in to drive engagement, perhaps spend one of those gift cards you received as a present. Something like that.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIV said there would be more pig shards coming so I would guess the next 12 days of Marvel has more pig shards
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wymtime said:
    ... pig shards ...
    I refer to these as Spider-Bacon.

• carlj64
    carlj64 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Reecoh said:
    wymtime said:
    ... pig shards ...
    I refer to these as Spider-Bacon.

Spider lardons if you're a foodie
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Globetrotting only gave 50% (200 shards) of a cover.  The other 12.5% (50 shards) were from a login bonus.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Considering that we can't select Spider-Ham as a TH, I'd assume that we're getting more shards at some point.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    Considering that we can't select Spider-Ham as a TH, I'd assume that we're getting more shards at some point.
    that's a bold assumption. 
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Shards are indeed in the 12 days thing that just started.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mikbro81 said:
    Every time I see a shard I think about the iso, hp, or cp that we're not getting anymore. 

20 separate rewards to get 1 cover. 

That's a lot of missing resources.  

I mean let's face it,  we were going to login anyway.  Now we're just getting less
    Does anyone know the node rewards from the last Twelve Days so we know what we’re trading off for one bonus 4* limited cover given out over the course of two(!) events?
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    chamber44 said:
    MegaBee said:
    that's a bold assumption. 
    And yet...
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Mikbro81 said:
    Every time I see a shard I think about the iso, hp, or cp that we're not getting anymore. 

20 separate rewards to get 1 cover. 

That's a lot of missing resources.  

I mean let's face it,  we were going to login anyway.  Now we're just getting less
    Does anyone know the node rewards from the last Twelve Days so we know what we’re trading off for one bonus 4* limited cover given out over the course of two(!) events?
    My best guest is that the previous one node a day events had some iso in each node. So basically we’re losing some iso for a cover (eventually, hopefully).
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options

Yeah, shards really let them drag sh*t out.