Matter and Mind bundle

2»

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Well, it's a good deal to me because my Kitty is at 5/4/3. That doesn't mean that I would spend the $50 going into the holidays even though I could really use a fifth purple. I think most of their bundles are way overpriced. Actually, maybe it's not that great of a deal when I think about another deal I got. After I retired earlier this year I wanted to get back into console gaming so I bought a used Xbox 360 (the 250gb E version) for like $40-50 and then found a "like new" flawless copy of Skyrim Legendary Edition for $9. 
    I think you're confusing the concept of a good deal vs a deal that you would buy.  They're not necessarily the same thing.  Objectively 50% of the price of a Ferrari is a good deal, that doesn't mean I would want to or have the means to spend $100,000+ dollars on a car.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    shardwick said:
    Well, it's a good deal to me because my Kitty is at 5/4/3. That doesn't mean that I would spend the $50 going into the holidays even though I could really use a fifth purple. I think most of their bundles are way overpriced. Actually, maybe it's not that great of a deal when I think about another deal I got. After I retired earlier this year I wanted to get back into console gaming so I bought a used Xbox 360 (the 250gb E version) for like $40-50 and then found a "like new" flawless copy of Skyrim Legendary Edition for $9. 
    I think you're confusing the concept of a good deal vs a deal that you would buy.  They're not necessarily the same thing.  Objectively 50% of the price of a Ferrari is a good deal, that doesn't mean I would want to or have the means to spend $100,000+ dollars on a car.
    Agree with this. MPQ is no different to other predatory games (or other things like Black Friday) when it comes after your cash - the same old tricks are being fired at you - like the "cheap" starter pack that was on offer that encourages you to cross the spending line in the first place for newer players. These deals only have "value" in Marvel Puzzle Quest terms, not real world terms. That isn't to say players shouldn't buy them of course but you are starting from a position where "Well y'know that costume pack was $75 and this is less for more so..."