60k ISO
3400 HP
3 CP (alliance wide)
525 Kitty Pride shards
1 of each color cover for 4* Prof X
425 4* Prof X shards
1 Legendary Token

For $49.99

Thoughts?  Im not a spender (besides the $2 per month to keep the bonuses rolling in)

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    60k ISO
    3400 HP
    3 CP (alliance wide)
    525 Kitty Pride shards
    1 of each color cover for 4* Prof X
    425 4* Prof X shards
    1 Legendary Token

For $49.99

Thoughts?  Im not a spender (besides the $2 per month to keep the bonuses rolling in)
    I mean, does this deal feel like 24.5 months of work to you then?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Generally speaking, the bundles are always of good value (compared to the normal HP/ISO store items), this one appears to follow that trend, but I haven't attempted to break it down and see how it compares.

It's a guaranteed 5 cover, and it lets you pick the color.

The fact that it also comes with 4 4* covers of an associated character makes it suspiciously look like a feeder bundle, but we usually see bundles after the feeder is announced. Professor X does appear in PVP rewards this week, but not PVE. It's been long enough since we've had a feeder I don't know how "normal' that is by comparison (generally we'd see the 4* character in both PVE/PVP, but there have been times when they've only appeared on one side, but I don't remember how often that has happened).

I really like how people are worried about wasted shards, with that being a big contention point in discussions, and here we have a bundle that creates wasted shards by default for anyone who only needs one Kitty cover to champ her. It would be beneficial to me, since I need two purple covers (5/1/5), as I would gain a cover and the excess would go towards what I've already accumulated towards that thirteenth cover.

BUT, if this IS a feeder precursor, I'd be better off to wait, because I'd get a purple from Professor X, and then should use my existing shards towards the 13th cover (where a cover from a feeder and a cover from the bundle would leave me with a bunch of shards leftover).

Still think it's a good value, but I'll hold out to see if we get any feeder information. If the bundle expires with no news, I won't be any better or worse off than if I'd just never seen it in the first place, so no biggie. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's almost half a year of VIP.

No thanks.
  • AWorthyChap
    AWorthyChap Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    The way I look at things is... IT'S FIFTY BUCKS!!! It's a bloody mobile phone game, I could spend that cash on a real video game (it's Black Friday week, they are cheap)

And besides, IT'S FIFTY BUCKS ON A PHONE GAME!!!
    You're not wrong.  But this comment doesn't really add any value in the context of this discussion.  If you are unwilling to spend $50 on a mobile game, fine.  I get it.  But being willing to spend $50 on a mobile is kind of a prerequisite for this discussion, isn't it?

Those who ARE willing to spend $50 on a mobile game are trying to determine if the items offered in this particular bundle are worth that $50. Compared to other things they could purchase in game with that money....5 months of VIP for example - this probably isn't as good a deal as that.  Compared to 37,500 ISO and 3 CP for your alliance however this is an absolute giveaway.  Not that anyone buys ISO.

I bought it.  If Prof X ends up feeding Kitty it will be a nice bonus.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given that 5's are the top rewards in the game, $49.99 seems about right for one cover in a color of your choice.

I think the only past direct 5* cover offer was 300 CP for DD with his costume?  This is technically cheaper if you were going to buy 300 CP.
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Another thing to consider is that Kitty should be available in heroes for hire next week at 250cp since she will be featured. But I don't know which color will be offered?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    Another thing to consider is that Kitty should be available in heroes for hire next week at 250cp since she will be featured. But I don't know which color will be offered?
    Should be red.

EDIT:  Past is not necessarily Prologue, but when Supports were launched the bundles they offered (expensive as they were) were also some of the best Support offers we've seen.  So maybe this bundle is a new price point or maybe it's a special offer to launch the feature which might not be as good next time.  

(They almost ALWAYS reduce the generosity of their offers as time goes on.)
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    I would hazard a guess the 4* Prof X will feed 5* Prof X myself....if logic was a thing in this game.

Also only consider it if you really want the Kitty cover, otherwise you should have bought one of the earlier Shield deals for the HP/Iso/etc.  and would have saved money.  Yeah you get 3* covers instead of 4* Prof X, but you aren't buying this deal for 4* Prof X, it is the Kitty shards.  

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa said:
    I would hazard a guess the 4* Prof X will feed 5* Prof X myself....if logic was a thing in this game.  

Ha! Logic! Chance would be a fine thing. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa said:
    Game trends would dictate the opposite. Very few feeder pairs have both the same character for the 4/5 star tiers (Black Widow, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and one Spider-Man). Plenty of those are due to what was available (there was no 4-star Peter Parker when Vulture fed 5Spidey, and there was no 5-star Kingpin when 4Kingpin fed Daredevil), but plenty weren't (Drax to Star-Lord, Jubilee to Phoenix, etc). And we have some that won't line up in the future (4-star Hulk and Carnage don't feed their 5-star counterparts).

Personally, I think it's more logical for them to not match up. It would be a bit of a bummer to level up your Professor X and be rewarded with a character you can't use with him. Where if you have 4ProfX feed Kitty, and someone else (let's say 4Cyke, for grins and giggles) feed 5ProfX, it means your reward for leveling up the 4 is a new character that can be used with that 4. So it's not just a cover and a new character, but a new teammate to try out as well.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    The way I look at things is... IT'S FIFTY BUCKS!!! It's a bloody mobile phone game, I could spend that cash on a real video game (it's Black Friday week, they are cheap)

how many hours a day do you play this game? That is more important than what device it's on IMO
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    Should be red.

EDIT:  Past is not necessarily Prologue, but when Supports were launched the bundles they offered (expensive as they were) were also some of the best Support offers we've seen.  So maybe this bundle is a new price point or maybe it's a special offer to launch the feature which might not be as good next time.  

(They almost ALWAYS reduce the generosity of their offers as time goes on.)
    @bluewolf my 5/3/4 Kitty sure hopes it's red! (Or purple) #fingerscrossed
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    This bundle is easily great value.
    A 5* cover of your choice usually cost you:
    1) 720CP / 7 or 140 * 99.99 = $10,285 or $514 OR
    2) 24210 shards or $131 worth of HP (based on the cheapest combinations in store)
    I've not included other things like:
    a) 3400 HP is worth about $25
    b) 3 Prof X covers is worth about $20 based on weekends specials
    c) An additional cover (shards-based: 4320HP) of your choice is worth about $30. 
    For $50, it's a steal. It's like getting the 5* cover for free if you add up the cost of a, b and c, OR the 5* cost only $5 if you add up only a and b.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards

Out of curiosity what would you pay for the bundle? Let's say that it was set up as a humble bundle where you can name your price. I'm pretty cheap, I almost never buy a game when it's brand new and will usually wait like six months when it's on sale with all of the DLC and expansions included, but I think that this is a pretty solid bundle overall. Oh and for the record MPQ isn't just a phone game, it's on console too for like $15 though that version is incredibly bare bones.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2019
    It’s a Kitty cover where you get to pick the color.  This can only mean that the nerf is imminent.

Also, you can buy a whole game on most platforms for that price.  Predatory Pricing FTW!
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    edited November 2019
    shardwick said:

Out of curiosity what would you pay for the bundle? Let's say that it was set up as a humble bundle where you can name your price. I'm pretty cheap, I almost never buy a game when it's brand new and will usually wait like six months when it's on sale with all of the DLC and expansions included, but I think that this is a pretty solid bundle overall. Oh and for the record MPQ isn't just a phone game, it's on console too for like $15 though that version is incredibly bare bones.
    First of all, I like the cut of your gib! I am the same as you, I never buy new games and even when they go on sale, I have a hard time buying them because I am worried they will be in a Humble Bundle... so I wait even longer. 

I actually play of steam, but am under no illusion that this is a phone game, even more so when they changed the UI on steam to look like the phone version.

As for how much I would pay, that is a good question.

As was said above, when you consider how much "value" you get compared to the regular game prices, it appears to be good . The problem I have is that every item in the game, whether it be hero points, ISO or RISO, is INCREDIBLY overpriced to begin with, so when a bundle like this comes along, it seems like fantastic value, when in reality, the original individual prices are sky high on purpose to give the illusion of getting a deal when in reality you are not. (there is a technical term for this pricing practice, but the name of it escapes me at the moment)

I pay the $2 a month to get the bonus items and that is it (unless I can buy with ISO or HPs) I don't spend anything on in game items. I guess if this pack was $10 - $15 bucks, I could be tempted, but them I remember the other items I could be spending that money on.

Sure, if you have that much money to drop on in game items, good for you. It is your money, and you can spend it on what you want. (phone games, hookers, crack, food, gas, bills.) It just amazes me that people are tricked (for use of a better word) into spending $50 because this seems like such a fantastic deal. What I see is not "what a great deal" but "that is $50"

Oh, and to the person who asked, I spend probably an hour a day (maybe two depending) I have played 5,193 hours (according to steam) over my years in the games (today is day 2048) and I have 5 championed five star characters (which gives you an idea of how much money I spend) 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:

First of all, I like the cut of your gib! I am the same as you, I never buy new games and even when they go on sale, I have a hard time buying them because I am worried they will be in a Humble Bundle... so I wait even longer. 

I actually play of steam, but am under no illusion that this is a phone game, even more so when they changed the UI on steam to look like the phone version.

As for how much I would pay, that is a good question.

As was said above, when you consider how much "value" you get compared to the regular game prices, it appears to be good . The problem I have is that every item in the game, whether it be hero points, ISO or RISO, is INCREDIBLY overpriced to begin with, so when a bundle like this comes along, it seems like fantastic value, when in reality, the original individual prices are sky high on purpose to give the illusion of getting a deal when in reality you are not. (there is a technical term for this pricing practice, but the name of it escapes me at the moment)

I pay the $2 a month to get the bonus items and that is it (unless I can buy with ISO or HPs) I don't spend anything on in game items. I guess if this pack was $10 - $15 bucks, I could be tempted, but them I remember the other items I could be spending that money on.

Sure, if you have that much money to drop on in game items, good for you. It is your money, and you can spend it on what you want. (phone games, hookers, crack, food, gas, bills.) It just amazes me that people are tricked (for use of a better word) into spending $50 because this seems like such a fantastic deal. What I see is not "what a great deal" but "that is $50"

Oh, and to the person who asked, I spend probably an hour a day (maybe two depending) I have played 5,193 hours (according to steam) over my years in the games (today is day 2048) and I have 5 championed five star characters (which gives you an idea of how much money I spend) 
    Well, it's a good deal to me because my Kitty is at 5/4/3. That doesn't mean that I would spend the $50 going into the holidays even though I could really use a fifth purple. I think most of their bundles are way overpriced. Actually, maybe it's not that great of a deal when I think about another deal I got. After I retired earlier this year I wanted to get back into console gaming so I bought a used Xbox 360 (the 250gb E version) for like $40-50 and then found a "like new" flawless copy of Skyrim Legendary Edition for $9.