Gwen Prix volume 2

grumbLEGO
grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
so I see Gwen prix is back in about 12 hours? Is it gonna be regular? Is it different? New covers? 

All these questions and more more answered if I wait 12 hours (and then 5 days) but I’d rather start a thread about it.  

Comments

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    According to the November sneak peek thread... 

Day One: Hawkeye (Modern) or Magneto (Marvel NOW)
    Day Two: 1000 Iso-8 or 1x Elite Token
    Day Three: Gambit (Modern) or Ragnarok
    Day Four: 1000 Iso-8 or 1x Elite Token
    Day Five: Mordo or Mr. Fantastic
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    According to the November sneak peek thread... 

Day One: Hawkeye (Modern) or Magneto (Marvel NOW)
    Day Two: 1000 Iso-8 or 1x Elite Token
    Day Three: Gambit (Modern) or Ragnarok
    Day Four: 1000 Iso-8 or 1x Elite Token
    Day Five: Mordo or Mr. Fantastic
    Well I guess I should have just read that.  Thanks!
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    And now that it’s running, it looks like the “story” is the same. I was kind of hoping they’d be updated since it’s only a couple sentences. Lol
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    And now that it’s running, it looks like the “story” is the same. I was kind of hoping they’d be updated since it’s only a couple sentences. Lol
    Slightly disappointing?  Maybe.  But also unsurprising.

Maybe - since they aren't updating the story - they can start running it frequently?  Like more frequently than every 2 months?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had convinced myself that this feature would involve new fan fictions on each run. I mean that is the entire point no? I really should know better by now. Stupid me.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    It would have been pretty awesome if they had a chatbot just randomly create them. Me and a buddy I used to work with made a "story hook generator" once in a weekend, that would just populate a sentence with the format of "Somebody, Somewhere, Doing Something." And we had essentially 3 spreadsheets full of People, Places, and Activities that would get pseudo randomly matched up into reasonably coherent setups for adventures like:

"A fascinating dog in the cul-de-sac barked at all the things." 

You could select between Sci-Fi, Fantasy, or Mundane as in the example there. Good times.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean, look:  Marvel is tightly controlling of all their properties, obviously.

And every time they put text in the game which is meant to somehow represent the characters, they obviously need to go into an approval process with Marvel.  To make sure it fits the character etc.  This probably takes several weeks for each story-type event.

Which might be one of the reasons (besides the fact that we skip it all the time) they barely bother with dialogue cut-scenes anymore (in newer PVEs).

Anyway, I'd rather see repeated content more often (more rewards) than less runs of the event with new flavor text.  Assuming more frequent runs is an option.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Oh yeah, me too - it's an easy extra thing so I'm all for it. I just also happen to like programmer art and randomized text on occasion lol.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards

"A fascinating dog in the cul-de-sac barked at all the things." 

That's not fan fiction; that's my neighbor's dog at 3 AM.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    It's the seed of your adventure.

"you are awoken from your slumber by an OVERCLOCKED! racket. As you peer through your window, you see the Dire Chihuahua across the street yapping like the dickens. Make me a perception check...."

• eddidit
    eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
    No new stories and the rewards are still meh for the level of difficulty you have to face. I love facing a lvl 392 Gwen for only 1000 iso /sarcasm 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried actually beating Deadpool with Gwenpool, but at this scaling, he's got like a hundred levels on her. Still came close, but not quite. So then I brought in Cable, and he sorted Wade out right quick with a green-heavy board :)
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love it when Cable gets enough green on any day. <snicker>
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards

I tried actually beating Deadpool with Gwenpool, but at this scaling, he's got like a hundred levels on her. Still came close, but not quite. So then I brought in Cable, and he sorted Wade out right quick with a green-heavy board :)
    I did this exact thing and was lucky enough to win thanks to a kind green & purple board!
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    I tried using my Cable only to realize after starting the fight he only has a couple of black covers. A quick retreat and restart with Miles Morales and I finally was able to get through this stage (took a while but invisibility saved the day).
  • fuzzy_cracks
    fuzzy_cracks Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2019
    Deadpool was tuff. So I used 4 star Jean Grey. Both characters used pink so I used Jean’s pink to destroy  Deadpool’s pink timer tiles. And kept on taking out the red tiles while I charge my green power up. Worked out pretty good.

The final battle with Nico and her team had Dr. Strange. Had to take Strange out first. My team consisted of 4 star Jean, Captain Marvel, and Peggy Carter cause her red power up charged fast. I used 4 star Captain Marvel to take out Strange. The rest was tit for tat. Made it out and got the Mordo cover. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I had a tough time with Gwenpool with her being 98 levels below Deadpool.  He ended up 1AP short of being able to use either his red or purple, but was sitting on 30 black.   Two Gwenpool purples and a green and it was over.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I had to make a hard choice on nodes this time! it was between lvl 300 for Mordo or 290 for Mr F. I went with Mr F on the off chance i'd be in for a bonus hero from the LT. but I was not.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I had to make a hard choice on nodes this time! It was between a second cover for Mordo or a second cover for Mr. F.  I went with Mr. F because of his meta-synergy with Medusa and Carnage. ;)
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    The rest was tit for tat. Made it out and got the Mordo cover. 
    I still wanna know where i can get some tat.