Crowded Strange Sights nodes

PapaBurger
PapaBurger Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
I like this event generally, but the crowded nodes are a nuisance. I often select the wrong node and then have to back out and try again. I know others have trouble with this, too.

Then today I over-cleared 3e because I accidentally played it a fifth time when I was aiming on the 4e node. 

Can’t these be spread out a little?

Comments

• Tylander45
    Tylander45 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I totally agree.  With all the map real estate, why can’t the nodes be spaced out a bit more??  I too have often entered the wrong node only to have to back out.  Fix it please!
    @Brigby @IceIX
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fully agree and I think I have created threads around SS node placement before. 

I would conservatively estimate we have played SS at least 20 times since it debuted. Seems like a nice QOL fix with a good rate of return given its frequency. 
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Amen brother, finally someone addresses that issue, I even think they already spread out the nodes a bit, back in the first runs it was nearly impossible to choose some nodes due to overlay, but still this is a problem atm
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    i thought they were working on a new engine that was gonna make these issues easy to fix.  What’s the point of going to all that engineering effort when we have more ui bugs (hello flashing AP bar and windows that black your access to powers). And none of the original complaints like squished nodes, lack of preset teams, etc... are addressed

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know, issues like these seem like they would take very little time to improve upon. It would be so easy for the devs to score a few kudos points by taking this free money off the table.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone have a link to a previous SS discussion thread that explains the logistics behind finishing t50 in all subs but only t200 overall? Could swear I saw something like that previously...
    There is a thread about it elsewhere.

Easiest way to explain it is that instead of 1 T50 list per day, there are 3 T50 lists per day (one per door). Not only that, but the 60th person behind door number #1 may well have more points than the 50th behind door #2 and/or door #3 because all the best/fastest clearing players may be playing the same door.

KGB
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:
    Does anyone have a link to a previous SS discussion thread that explains the logistics behind finishing t50 in all subs but only t200 overall? Could swear I saw something like that previously...

Easiest way to explain it is that instead of 1 T50 list per day, there are 3 T50 lists per day (one per door). Not only that, but the 60th person behind door number #1 may well have more points than the 50th behind door #2 and/or door #3 because all the best/fastest clearing players may be playing the same door.

KGB
    I’m sure it’s bee whined about before but it really is a frustrating mechanic especially when it so often shows up for new cover acquisition. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are many events that have this problem.  DP VS MPQ is another one in Sub 2.  The one node is so far up that you have to move your screen on mobile to make sure it is not hidden behind your ranking. 

If i remember correctly, the Hulk 7 day PVE has the same issue.  All this screen and nodes right next to each other. Again another long standing issue with no resolution in site, which is not surprising. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    grumbLEGO said:
    KGB said:

KGB
    I’m sure it’s bee whined about before but it really is a frustrating mechanic especially when it so often shows up for new cover acquisition. 
    Really? Do you honestly finish much different in Strange Sights vs other PvE events? Regardless of where I *appear* to be in an individual sub (I was T3 in one, barely T20 in another) my overall finish is pretty much exactly where it always is (T20) because the times I play and teams I use don't really change much.

If you are even semi-competitive (T100) your finish spots probably never change much unless you:

1) Switch your slice and/or bracket flip
    2) Radically alter your playing times to be close to optimal refresh times
    3) Champ a meta PvE character allowing for a better/faster PvE team.

KGB
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    grumbLEGO said:
    KGB said:

KGB
    Really? Do you honestly finish much different in Strange Sights vs other PvE events? Regardless of where I *appear* to be in an individual sub (I was T3 in one, barely T20 in another) my overall finish is pretty much exactly where it always is (T20) because the times I play and teams I use don't really change much.

If you are even semi-competitive (T100) your finish spots probably never change much unless you:

1) Switch your slice and/or bracket flip
    2) Radically alter your playing times to be close to optimal refresh times
    3) Champ a meta PvE character allowing for a better/faster PvE team.

KGB
    I don't know about GrumbLEGO, but I basically always get about the same Sub placement in SS as I do in other events, which then leads to significantly lower Event placement. I play it the same way I do any other event. Never have been able to figure that out.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I read somewhere that the strategy is to tackle the hardest sub first and the easiest sub last. 
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    I read somewhere that the strategy is to tackle the hardest sub first and the easiest sub last. 
    Yes, but what do you consider hard? Lol. I personally just hate the sentries so usually do them first (door 2, then 3, then 1). 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hard is subjective. If you are chasing placement, then hard sub is the one which takes you the longest time to clear out of the three. The keyword is "you".
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, but what do you consider hard? Lol. I personally just hate the sentries so usually do them first (door 2, then 3, then 1). 
    Because the subs feature hand, sentry, and Maggie goons,  the number of rounds per match and avg time for both turns vary a ton.  A lot also depends on how efficiently you play your easy nodes.  Personally Maggie goons are the fastest to beat, so I do that sub last.  Sentry goons are really slow because of their passive and they place cds etc...  I try to do that sub first when the point values are low and I can minimize their impact