Please fix maps/node placement

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
It's ridiculous that some of the events have all of their nodes bunched together in one corner of a huge map/screen. It hasn't been run for a while now but I remember there was even one event where it was horribly difficult to select one particular node because it was so close to another, second node that tapping on the first node registered as a selection for the second node. Eventually I realized that I could select that first node by tapping beside it, not on it but beside it on the side opposite the second node.

Unstable Iso-8 doesn't have quite that same problem, but some of the map/node screens are still large maps with all of the nodes bunched up in one area. If all of the nodes are going to be located in one geographic area, why not just zoom the map in? Why have a map of the entire world with 10-11 nodes all located in Canada, for example? That makes no sense.

In fact, except for a handful of events & missions that are location-specific (such as The Hulk, which hasn't been seen for almost as long as The Gauntlet) where a node is located on a map of the world is quite frankly irrelevant.

Please space out the nodes so we're not accidentally tapping on the wrong node, or if you must have all of the nodes in South America, have a zoomed in map of just South America.

Thank you.

Comments

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Agreed. While we're at it, why do we even have maps that are 3 screens wide, when all the nodes could fit comfortably on one? I realize that this was originally designed for wide-screen devices, but I'm sure by now the majority of players are on mobile devices. Let's optimize for where the audience is.
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    This!!!!  Please!!!!    These Strange Sights are one of the worst (although Hulk event could use some help too)

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    I think that's New York city (is that the Empire State Building front & center? Never been there, but it's on the bucket list) so I get it. The background graphic is supposed to show we're fighting in New York city, with the Join Forces fight taking place in/on the Empire State Building. Great. We're fighting in New York city. Totally cool.

But there is still absolutely no good reason AT ALL to NOT spread those 12 nodes across the entire map/cityscape so we're NOT mistapping the wrong bloody nodes!

I know you fix many small things, and I appreciate those fixes, but this would be one of the greatest fixes you could ever do.

And while we're at it, stop creating more maps with this problem, because you are still doing it. Or at least you were. The Support mini-events had this same problem too. The giant Boss node had such a massive hit box that you opened it when you were attempting to tap both the first and the last regular nodes. That's right, its hit box was so big it overlapped TWO adjacent nodes.

Whoever is designing these maps and putting the nodes so close together needs a Gibbs slap upside the head and told to knock it off.