A Mindless Solution: New Meta 5*

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
Anonymous Mindless One Haters, rejoice! It‘s another event with those, where the new engine would‘ve addressed the tile placement speed of them, not.

Since I guess that will never be changed in the game, how about a different approach.

A new 5* char whose sole power is that no Attack, Strike or Protect tiles can be placed on the board.

kthxbye.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Except the way Demi would code it would actually slow things down, mindless action, action blocked,  mindless action,  action blocked,  etc...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shout out to Thano5 with that exact power on purple
  • supergarv
    I need that power on board start and passive or its no use.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    We can't really expect a s/a/p tiles passive blocking character so soon after the newest addition 5* that's supposed to be an absolute monster with special tiles now, can we? His overpowering attacks might end up not so... overpowering? 
  • supergarv
    @Kolence I see what you did there ;) Booray for Carnage...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'd love to see a special Chekhov's Gun-like tile that shows up at battle start and negates all passives until it's matched or destroyed, and then can't be replaced.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    You'd need something that would punish such abilities, without completely shutting them down and making those characters pointless to play.

Maybe something that deals damage to everyone who fires a "start of the battle" or "start of the turn" power?
  • supergarv
    My point isn‘t to deal damage or punish other players.

heck, make that 5* so that it only affects me on offense, like „No attack/protect/strike can be created if Mysterio is in the left side of the screen“.

I really don‘t wanna deal with mindless ones in PVE and their slow animations for tile placement and attack tile numbers anymore. 

Thinking about it, a support with that option would be cool. If only supports were attainable.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    supergarv said:
    Anonymous Mindless One Haters, rejoice! It‘s another event with those, where the new engine would‘ve addressed the tile placement speed of them, not.

Since I guess that will never be changed in the game, how about a different approach.

A new 5* char whose sole power is that no Attack, Strike or Protect tiles can be placed on the board.

kthxbye.

Even though this is annoying, it’s also equally annoying that they produce so much AP every turn, making them put out CD tiles pretty much every turn. That really slows down matches against them as well. 

I’m not expecting anything to change though. We’re still sitting on bugs that are years old, and the amount is only growing. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    5* Leech is the answer!
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    supergarv said:

kthxbye.

Even though this is annoying, it’s also equally annoying that they produce so much AP every turn, making them put out CD tiles pretty much every turn. That really slows down matches against them as well. 

I’m not expecting anything to change though. We’re still sitting on bugs that are years old, and the amount is only growing. 
    That’s why dr strange is so good in pve.  The 5* strange variant is designed to punish goons.  Every time they fire a cd.  strange hits like a truck.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you remember when they said that this new engine would speed the mindless ones up?  Yea I do too and still waiting for them to get done. Another lie sold to us by D3 and Demi. 
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Phumade said:
    supergarv said:

kthxbye.

That’s why dr strange is so good in pve.  The 5* strange variant is designed to punish goons.  Every time they fire a cd.  strange hits like a truck.
    But they still get to fire CDs, which slows the match down. 
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    They actually managed to speed the initial tiles spam with the engine update, too bad you have to restart your game every time you want to do a clear or it slows to a crawl again.
    Maybe is a bug and they eventually fix it (jjj.gif)

• ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Wish it was that fast loading on my android phone
    If you mean the tile spam, then is like I said, only works like that when you open the game and is the first node you clear, any subsequent clears on any node is back to our regular schedule
    if is just for the game in general then dunno, I thought with the engine update it was that fast in all devices
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    5* Leech is the answer!
    I made a mock up for Leech and what his main ability would entail, over here...

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/78105/leech#latest

It was some time ago, but i believe its still viable as a support character, and possibly wouldnt create a new meta, but a counter to existing passive-based pvp play.  We would still do our PvE the fast and easy way, and Leech's ability would allow the neutering of a passive (or more) of PvP play the way it is now.  

Of course theres nay-sayers... But i still think we could use this.  Some people would probably pack it as a 3rd just to potentially block an opposing passive on defense, or even another Leech, which would just be a wash.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    It would also be cool if Gwenpool had a ‘Sploit for this.