MPQ Sneak Peek: November 2019 Edition (Updated 11/22/19)

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    that's all based on the character name. He'd be eligible if it were Spider-Man (2099), but since it's Spider-Man 2099 (migeul o'hara) it isn't the "same" name.
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Is Carnage progression always red?
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    New 4*
    Black
    Red
    Purple

I’m all confused where to look : have the released a clue?

Omega Red(want),
    Teen disney Loki or whatever the hell a wandavision is,  
    the black knight(jon snow)

Yay thanks for giving us the deets for a few weeks ahead of time 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    So are we to assume that worthy cap is being skipped for shield training, just like talos and black cat were? (I think maybe sabretooth was as well). Because I actually have him on 10 covers now. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hope Gwen Prix will be available once per month.

Black, red, and purple look dark. Another villain? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    So are we to assume that worthy cap is being skipped for shield training, just like talos and black cat were? (I think maybe sabretooth was as well). Because I actually have him on 10 covers now. 
    It all depends on how many 4’s get released between now and the next ST.  Assume nothing.  They tend to go in release order. 

But it’s not at all unlikely that he never gets a turn as an ST essential. 
  • bluewolf
    purplemur said:
    New 4*
    Black
    Red
    Purple

I’m all confused where to look : have the released a clue?

There was no patch this week (which is unusual since they usually happen every two weeks) so there has been no clue. 

I did like the Carnage ability teaser post before his announcement,  but I guess that was a one time thing, and not to be expected every time. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    MrEd95 said:
    It all depends on how many 4’s get released between now and the next ST.  Assume nothing.  They tend to go in release order. 

I suspect he is going to be skipped and it will be Spiderman 2099 who is the ST essential on the next 4*.

This tends to happen when the cycle goes 4-4-5-4 that the 4* that is released 2 prior to the 5 gets skipped. It's been happening since year when Prowler, Black Cat and so on were all skipped.

KGB
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Or it starts afresh every 5 days. ;)
  • bluewolf
    edited November 2019
    I'd find once every 7 days to be an OK thing as well.
  • RetroToNextGen
    RetroToNextGen Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    wymtime said:
    Glad to see Gwen prix coming back.  Will this be a new story or the same content?
    Same here! I hope they continue with it. It’s a nice chance to grab a solid 3* and a 4* that could be eluding you. Once a month for Gwen Prix would be nice going forward.
  • RetroToNextGen
    RetroToNextGen Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Is the upcoming release of this unnamed 4* a bit early, or is it right on schedule? I’m still getting used to the proper release schedule. Not sure of the proper order of the releases (meaning: is it 4*, 4*, 5*, 4*, or something else?)

Also, I’m guessing the delay in the new update has something to do with the balancing issues regarding the new Character Targeting system?
  • Godzillafan67
    bluewolf said:
    I'd find once every 7 days to be an OK thing as well.
    Given its extended availability for play, you have the better timeframe in mind. I, however, am greedy and entitled and am thusly sticking to my original request. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    bluewolf said:
    MrEd95 said:

I suspect he is going to be skipped and it will be Spiderman 2099 who is the ST essential on the next 4*.

This tends to happen when the cycle goes 4-4-5-4 that the 4* that is released 2 prior to the 5 gets skipped. It's been happening since year when Prowler, Black Cat and so on were all skipped.

KGB
    The cynic in me says everyone would chase Worthy Cap anyway, so they don't need to encourage us to get him to 10 covers for Shield Training as well.
  • bluewolf
    KGB said:
    bluewolf said:
    MrEd95 said:

KGB
    The cynic in me says everyone would chase Worthy Cap anyway, so they don't need to encourage us to get him to 10 covers for Shield Training as well.
    The people who have been skipped aren't exactly shining stars in the tier...Talos is one who has never been an ST essential.  Prowler and Black Cat are fine but not exactly falling into the "use even when unboosted" category.

IF Worthy gets skipped - which is somewhat likely but you never know - it's probably more a matter of them following whatever schedule they set up etc.  They did make Juggernaut an ST essential, after all, and no one needed to be told to get his covers.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    I was being slightly facetious...
  • bluewolf
    I was being slightly facetious...
    It wasn't exactly an unrealistic thought.....

When 4CM released they realized people would want her and delayed her entering tokens (I think) or something and ran some CM Lightning Rounds where you could get tokens that might reward her (and buy them, of course).

IMO the devs would probably be smart to lean in more on capitalizing on the stronger characters, and/or encourage you to collect lesser characters via artificial demand drivers like ST.
  • Godzillafan67
    IceIX, may I have some fresh Savory chimichangas/behemoth burritos/crashed titans please? 
  • Godzillafan67

I've been wondering how the versus progression rewards work.  For Double Jeopardy, I don't see the 1 or 2 star rewards, which I expect as I've chosen level 9 for both the season as well as the event, but only Squirrel Girl's purple cover is attainable, not the green as additionally listed.  Anyone got the 411 for me?

Double Jeopardy - Cloak and Dagger Versus Event (11/03/19) *New Update*

Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: Cloak and Dagger - Yellow
    3-Star: Squirrel Girl - Purple, Green
    2-Star: Daken (DA) - Black
    1-Star: Storm (Modern) - Green

• Godzillafan67
    Just checked out the Tongue Lashing, and you're absolutely right. Thanks!