What if it isn't the devs...

2»

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are confusing between opinions and facts. I'm stating an opinion based on whatever limited context was provided. The context that I had was that a user of this forum asked whether there will be a feeder and this was the answer that he got. I see this being mentioned in a number of threads. In my opinion, I think they were jesting.

I thought that this place is a discussion forum, and not an interrogation room to find out who is right or who is wrong.  I'm also not here to explore all possibilities of how that sentence can be interpreted.

Based on your own statements in this thread and others I can’t even take this post seriously.

Check out your own disclaimers of what people need to do such as, “re-read that last paragraph ten times slow”, or “I think you need to meditate and calm your nerve”. 

You are presenting things as though they are indisputable. So, that is how they are being interpreted. 

I notice you forgot to answer my question about the language, so I’m assuming you took offense. That’s wasn’t my intent, I am legitimately having a hard time understanding what you are trying to convey.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker

I thought that this place is a discussion forum, and not an interrogation room to find out who is right or who is wrong.  I'm also not here to explore all possibilities of how that sentence can be interpreted.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Lack of communication is a big issue from months, now. Don't forget this should be the official forum of D3 🤔
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I think OP brings a great perspective and I agree that SOME of the communication on the official forum may be throttled through megacorp hierarchy. I feel like Rescue was def a Marvel push and some others as well. There are strings attached not only from Marvel/Disney but also through Sega/Bandai.

I think Hound brings up a good discussion point about devs recalcitrance to engage with the players. I read an article about a husband and wife indy-game developer that sold their studio to a bigger corporate studio and they got death threats and had to move. I forget the name of the game but there was one of the original survival genre who’s forum was legendarily toxic and became a haven for neo-nazis and male rights activists. When gamergate was popping I actually went over to Kotaku and read some comments that were truly “toxic”.

so theres bad in the world. Not so much on here.
    I got a formal warning point because I used parentheses in a poll. The mods don’t play.

Ducky would not let it get there, FFtD actually plays and contributes as not just a mod. This forum is full of bright minds who don’t let tinykitty sit without saying thats a bunch of tinykitty.
    I offer : the ask a dev thread that was crazy popular for the 2 months it ran, I offer mixed thread and favorite team up threads, and anytime someone writes a farewell it is with fondness and good wishes as evidence for the forums beneficial nature. So it’s really either blindness or something else driving the narrative that we are too mean. 

Where I stop giving the devs a break in the maybe it is from the licensor that is stopping things from being communicated:
    If it is tightly controlled and everything is pre-approved. There should be no surprises or whoops didn’t have time to work on it, I was at Con! Cuz legal and marketing have already stamped it, and gave it back with a green light. Copy paste into the template,(ohh snap! is that me acting like I know everything and I am questioning their resume!! Toxic alert!!) 
     I don’t think that If they require ok for the new PvE; part of that process doesn’t include enough to ask and how will you push it? There is total effort to follow the calendar and maintain the release schedule but no part of that involves requiring x amount of marketing/communication? 
    Marvel.com seems to have announcements synced to a calendar, mean to tell me that Marvel says we can talk about and give all the details and make it sound exciting but you over there mpq you just get to leave a clue and are forbidden from hyping the new content even if you follow the disseminated messaging? Nah they simply ain’t doing basic stuff. 

There might be something to requiring mavel.com twitter get the leak on Oct events or something like that. And Forum has to wait until tuesday to post but wed came and went and no post....
    that’s like me trying to order scrambled eggs and the cook saying “No! I won’t kill my chicken”
    ok, you don’t have to do that, I don’t want KFC, just an omelette thanks, what? No you don’t serve eggs after 10, but you did the last 4 years I been coming to this diner. Just dry toast and coffee is all I can order, ok then.
    uhm you forgot my coffee- what do you mean you don’t have a sensible place to pour it? My cup for one, heck I want coffee so bad you could pour it in a bowl and I would lap it up. Waiter come back, Im sorry I asked!

Yes, some of what we are complaining about could be totally out of devs/pubs control, and that they may even be forbidden to talk about what they can’t talk about. But can I be a annoyed at saying they will post daily?