Taking Sides PvE: whose side did you choose and why?

helix72
helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
In the latest PvE you choose to battle either Cap or IM. Who did you choose and why?

Taking Sides PvE: whose side did you choose and why? 56 votes

Side of the Rebel (battled Iron Man)
39%
NeuromancerwymtimeCaptain_CarlmanLilithCharlieCrokerMETT-T dependentjneidusTPF AlexisPtahhotepjameshPiMacleodhelix72kk3thessjp1spidyjedi84Vins2MrEd95MegaBeedingoScuba193 22 votes
Side of the Law (battled Captain America)
60%
Wonko33abmorazgrunth13LoosiejreddtiomonoMoosePrimeMalcrofWarbringapheregassambrookjm[Deleted User]ammenellJHawkIncsupergarvbluewolfDyingLegendDAZ0273St_Bernadusfurbear00000 34 votes

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    No good reason, I just prefer Iron Man to Cap.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean.. come on.  Its cap.  

I had nothing else to go on, so given my lack of info, of course i went with cap.

Its a shame too... I really like iron man, but in the civil war scenario, its hard to not to like Cap's morale compass.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, Cap is the Rebel? Now I’m confused.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cap Was Right
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    I had no idea until after I picked that I had a choice though.  I just wanted to hit the node ASAP since I was behind in my clears.

Didn't even see the IM node until I was locked in.
    This exact reason. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I didn't see Iron Man's node either, but I noticed when I first hit Cap the warning about picking sides, so I backed out and then saw the other option. Then I choose Cap (Team Rebel!) because of the "morale compass" as mentioned above.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I fought Cap, because he's easier, IIRC.

(I also didn't see the Iron Man node until backing out of the Cap node because of the warning about picking sides.)
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    I had no idea until after I picked that I had a choice though.  I just wanted to hit the node ASAP since I was behind in my clears.

Didn't even see the IM node until I was locked in.
    This right here. The idea was so poorly communicated, I was actually confused about the Iron Man node, like I missed something about unlocking it.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    It was so poorly done, I had no idea there was a choice.  I never even saw the IM node.

I would have picked team IM anyway though so no issue!  

IM > Cap
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Fought cap, was told by someone in my alliance told me it was easier. I’m not sure it would have mattered.
  • soprano1
    soprano1 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Honestly, I didn't see that there were two nodes open because of the way the image was oriented on my screen. I was running on auto pilot because I was trying to hurry and finish and my clears - a bit pressed for time today due to real life :-D Looking back on it, I think I still would have done what I did, so no worries either way. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't see there were two nodes either. I read there was a "choice" but saw no way to actually choose.  Very poorly implemented.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    5* Iron Man Party Protocols (or whatever it is called) is one of the most annoying powers in the game so I avoided that and picked on Cap. Sorry Cap.

• carlj64
    carlj64 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    You could choose sides?
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Unlike the boss event where the entire alliance chooses what we do, this time I was playing for my own amusement only. So I pummeled Cap. I like IM much better as a hero. Cap (in my eyes) is just overrated. He deserved what I gave him  >:)
  • nordhofsweden
    nordhofsweden Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Saw something about choosing sides. Didn't know what it was. Didn't have time to check what it was. Attacked IM. Didn't even see an option to attack Cap.
  • grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Saw something about choosing sides. Didn't know what it was. Didn't have time to check what it was. Attacked IM. Didn't even see an option to attack Cap.
    This. All of this. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    JHawkInc said:
    I fought Cap because he's easier to beat, honestly.
    Team Cap - I'm bringing out countdown tiles to summon my allies!
    Team Grockitty - Yeah, about that...