Speed up the mana bonus notification/"pop-up" please?

Comments

• Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    bken1234 said:
    Theros said:

I wasn't aware of how bad the change until I used my Niv bonus increase deck.

I shuddered. 

I’m so sorry you had to endure that. For me it was Gilded Lotus. I will never be the same. 
    Yeah, Gilded Lotus is pretty much just as annoying as Karn's T1 drawing an uncolored but you can get the same pain if the opponent plays it, too.  :p
  • Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    The new troll move is going to be to add Tithe Taker to as many decks as possible. 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Ominous Narrator Voice: "We thought we were safe from waiting with Naru Meha defeated, her infinite combos removed.

But we were wrong, so very wrong...

The big asteroid hurtling to earth was destroyed, only to shower the planet with millions of mini-asteroids.

We're still waiting the same amount of time, it's just broken up between matches, so we don't realize nothing has really changed..."

:D:'(
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 785 Critical Contributor
    starfall said:
    Everyone is playing Karn in Role Reversal.

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!
    Just don't play Role Reversal. Rewards are low anyway and the matches take too long.
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    starfall said:

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!
    Unfortunately, Karn is the best option for Role Reversal since he's the most efficient way to master **** cards in a single PW.
  • Narcoticsagent
    Narcoticsagent Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    starfall said:
    "Planechasing Fblthp" does it every turn. It's rather tedious.

Honestly, nobody cares about the complex node effects on Fblthp, as the entire event is so easy that nobody even notices what those special supports are doing.

We were kind of expecting Fblthp to end up being high level but I guess we're just going to be fighting against the two low level versions of him for easy rewards.
    So funny thing.. I didnt even know Fblthp had node effects until I read this post. I am genuinely curious now as to what they do. 
  • Dodecapod
    Dodecapod Posts: 96 Match Maker
    edited October 2019
    Just to add one more voice to the chorus, the new mana bonus animation reminds me of this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0woPde7OE1k.
    More seriously, adding more visibility to altered mana bonuses makes sense, but the current implementation of this animation seems both difficult to notice unless we're expecting it in advance and simultaneously disorienting if we already know how mana bonuses will be affected by a given card or ability.
    Like others, my first reaction has been to think the game is frozen in several games in which it's arisen so far, and by the time I've realized the underlying cause of the unresponsiveness, at best I often only seem to catch the last 2 or 3 out of 6 adjusted bonuses, which means it would be necessary to check the PW stats afterwards anyway were there confusion about exactly what was being augmented by a given effect.
    One alternative idea might be to add an evergreen-like icon on a PW in lieu of the animation whenever mana bonuses differ from their base values, loosely analogous to the star PWs sometimes have designating a special effect (e.g. Enraged or Supercharged) is active, since that would still indicate a change in typical expectations without unavoidably surfacing a feature that interrupts the flow of a game enough to induce concerns about freezes.

starfall said:

Honestly, nobody cares about the complex node effects on Fblthp, as the entire event is so easy that nobody even notices what those special supports are doing.

We were kind of expecting Fblthp to end up being high level but I guess we're just going to be fighting against the two low level versions of him for easy rewards.
    So funny thing.. I didnt even know Fblthp had node effects until I read this post. I am genuinely curious now as to what they do. 
    In case it helps, the indestructible support details for all of the Fblthp events that have run so far are available here:  https://wiki.mtgpq.info/wiki/Planechasing_Fblthp.
    Based on the initial announcement describing 9 variations of PF and the 4 (3 prior to today; the current one hasn't been added to the wiki yet as of this post) that have been released, the structure of the event appears to be designed in such a way that the event subtype (e.g. "Accidental Spark" or "Planechasing Everywhere", with one more version presumably coming eventually) likely indicates the indestructible support or series of supports affecting the battle, and the difficulty (e.g. "Beginner" or "Intermediate", with "Advanced" or its analogue presumably coming eventually as well for each of the 3 subtypes) likely indicates the AI PW stats and decklist within those subtypes, so there should be one more indestructible support or series of supports that isn't yet public knowledge to add to the wiki when the 3rd subtype becomes available, with the AS and PE ones already listed at this point.
  • Azerack
    edited October 2019
    WiLDRAGE said:
    starfall said:

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!
    Unfortunately, Karn is the best option for Role Reversal since he's the most efficient way to master tinykitty cards in a single PW.
    Actually, (I hate to go off-topic on my own thread, but..) I find bolas 1 to be just fine.
    I make a deck that's all about destroying vanguards and supports and I don't play a single one, just exile them.

Then, I either kill off Karn's summoned T3 or the AI does it for me with the "Destroy your last creature and draw a card" play. :)

It's amazing the crazy decks I get from people though.. Lots of extra creatures to exile or play.

...but I digress. 
  • Machine
    edited October 2019
    starfall said:

Actually, the last iteration of this event had him on level 45. This is the highest (and the first time) up until now...
    I would expect him to eventually reach level 60. I mean, even Fblthp gains experience by finding his way out of all these places he gets lost in ;-)
  • Machine
    starfall said:
    Machine said:
    starfall said:

Actually, the last iteration of this event had him on level 45. This is the highest (and the first time) up until now...
    I would expect him to eventually reach level 60. I mean, even Fblthp gains experience by finding his way out of all these places he gets lost in ;-)
    He's run about a dozen times now, and we've only had two levels of him, 45 and... something lower than 45. He's been on 45 plenty of times before now.

Level 45 is a low level. It does not take long for new players to the game to level a PW above level 45.
    I don't think you're correct here. Previous iterations had him on level 20, 30, and 40. I haven't seen 45 before.
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    After Elderspark this weekend, Tithe Taker is my new least favorite card.
  • Azerack
    mrixl2520 said:
    Only because you haven't seen enough Lotus action. ;)
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azerack said:
    mrixl2520 said:
    I wonder how many people are going to run complete troll decks in the next coalition PvP event.

Tithe Taker, Lotus, Niv, Fall of the Thran, Mawren...ect all in one Karn deck, just to get people to rage quit.

I'll bet we all face at least 1.
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Azerack said:
    mrixl2520 said:
    Lotus is definitely annoying, but Tithe Taker has afterlife. So once you get rid of him you have to sit through another bunch of unnecessary animations of all his spirits coming in to play. Should be named "Time Taker"