Deadpool's Daily Needs a Makeover

SoCalDevin
SoCalDevin Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
Deadpool's Daily has been one of the best parts (if not the best part) of the game since it debuted. However, it has become really boring fighting the same exact characters over and over again on a daily basis. Not only are the same exact characters reused, but the same exact teams are thrown at us over and over and over and over again. I am so tired of fighting the same nine characters on the same three teams. With so many damn characters, why aren't fresh teams being rotated into the mix?

Comments

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Agreed.

I also loathe the 1* and 2* nodes. They are soooooo painful to play. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    thirded.

update is overdue.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I stopped playing the 1 and 2* nodes some time ago. First it felt strange missing the tacco tokens but in the end now I enjoy the time I play less. I also play Behemoth only if the characters we are forced to use are promising a quick win. So for my part I don't need new additonal content I have to play every day to feel complete.
  • Concave
    Concave Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2019
    Agreed.

I also loathe the 1* and 2* nodes. They are soooooo painful to play. 
    I believe 1* and 2* are the best part of DDQ and probably the whole game.
    Behemoth Burito and Crash of the Titans are second best thing.

AND you do not have to repeat each battle 6 or 7 times!

In fact, all PVE should be fashioned on DDQ, where you have to play with some strong limitations...
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 said:
    Deadpool's Daily has been one of the best parts (if not the best part) of the game since it debuted. However, it has become really boring fighting the same exact characters over and over again on a daily basis. Not only are the same exact characters reused, but the same exact teams are thrown at us over and over and over and over again. I am so tired of fighting the same nine characters on the same three teams. With so many damn characters, why aren't fresh teams being rotated into the mix?

Agree with the sentiment, but I have to correct one thing though: you're fighting the same 5 teams, not 3.

And up until a few weeks ago we had a whole lot more teams see https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75523/full-list-of-waves-in-uts-and-tbe#latest for details.

Then someone decided to put DDQ on auto-pilot, so now the whole thing resets every 5 days and you get the exact same teams again. It does make me wonder if I should continue with https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/39967/deadpool-daily-quest-randomized-matchup-thread/

It is kind of odd that the solution to the original 10-day cycle not being random enough has slowly turned into a different 5-day cycle.

If you do quit the daily thread, @Alfje17, I do have to commend your persistence.  I'm almost positive you maintained that one longer on your own than everyone else combined maintained the precursor threads for DDQ.  Thanks for doing that.

• RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I'm hoping it is on autopilot because cool changes are coming, like a new node.  But we'll see what happens
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I don't care about the endlessly repeating teams. I'll take them for the remainder of the game in exchange for a daily 4*.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,761 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    Alfje17 said:

Agree with the sentiment, but I have to correct one thing though: you're fighting the same 5 teams, not 3.

And up until a few weeks ago we had a whole lot more teams see https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75523/full-list-of-waves-in-uts-and-tbe#latest for details.

Then someone decided to put DDQ on auto-pilot, so now the whole thing resets every 5 days and you get the exact same teams again. It does make me wonder if I should continue with https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/39967/deadpool-daily-quest-randomized-matchup-thread/

It is kind of odd that the solution to the original 10-day cycle not being random enough has slowly turned into a different 5-day cycle.

If you do quit the daily thread, @Alfje17, I do have to commend your persistence.  I'm almost positive you maintained that one longer on your own than everyone else combined maintained the precursor threads for DDQ.  Thanks for doing that.

No worries, I don't mind doing it as long as it's of use to anyone.

A DDQ rework with a 4* reward would definitely be appreciated, on the other hand it has to stay possible for new starters to get anything out of it (especially some more HP).
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    And here I thought Gwen Prix was supposed to be a recurring event on a similar cycle to Crash that could inject some more 4* covers into the grind.  Guess I guessed wrong.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    And here I thought Gwen Prix was supposed to be a recurring event on a similar cycle to Crash that could inject some more 4* covers into the grind.  Guess I guessed wrong.
    I think they said they wanted to see what the reception to it was before they decided.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    My play QOL went way up when I stopped the 1 and 2* DDQ nodes.  Those were frustrating and just a waste of time.  I still do the other three nodes each day and, of course, the Token one when it is out.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    It needs a harder more rewarding alternative option for 4 and 5 star rosters. 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always liked the idea of a node that unlocks only if you have the daily 3-star champed. That node has all of the fights from all the other nodes combined into one gigantic wave node, and it awards all of the rewards from the other nodes, and is worth enough points to finish progression. Basically, one huge fight to get everything out of DDQ for that day. This node would lock if you tackled any of the other regular nodes in DDQ. 
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Alfje17 said:

It's getting very tiresome playing those same teams, given how huge the pool of characters is these days it just seems ridiculous. As long as they're pitched down to a low enough level surely theres no need for it to always be the same.

I think a couple of new 2* characters might help to break the monotony and give newer players a bit more choice and make them feel like they're being catered for.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 1 and 2* nodes should simply be opened up to be able to use your whole roster, the reason they keep it like this is so you have to roster at least a 1*.  Most people have to roster some 2* for PvE essential nodes and many farm them so really, it is simply the fact that you are being forced to have at least one full 1* on your roster is what is so stupid. Save everyone time and allow full rosters to be used in those 1 and 2* nodes, it isn't like this is a competitive event.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    purplemur said:
    I don't understand the hate for the newb nodes. Uhhhm how long is it taking you? how hard do you find it to down 3 lvl 10 chars? where else can 3x1* characters earn you a (possible) LT?

Things like this are why people say the forum is just negative and people will whine about anything. this right here: 
    top players tinykittying about literally the easiest part of the game. 

smh. 

otherwise, yeah update the rewards add a 4* node etc, but making it so players don't have to actually do the work to get the rewards is total bullkitty. 

The 1* node is ok and goes fast, that's not the problem.

The 2* nodes are the problem.
    Thanks to Cmags and Loki being there all the time, they take WAY longer than necessary.
    And after 4 years of playing Storm/MnMags/Hawkeye I think I had my fill of these nodes.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes I wonder if the devs wonder why vets are still here after 6 years. 

“Aren’t they bored yet?”