How often do you 5*?

Arctic_One
Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
Im curious at just how often others get a 5* cover and if youre a competitive or casual player. Im a casual player in a very mixed roster alliance. I would say i average slightly above one 5* cover a week.

Comments

• Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Near 4  5* per week. On average
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    most weeks, 0. unless i get one in a resupply, or a champ level reward. but those are unreliable.

when i open the hoard up i get several at once. but that varies as well. i'd have to keep better track to tell you what that averages to. 

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hoard, so basically I get a bunch in one shot every 3-4 months. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    I’m on a particularly long dry spell right now, but I pull as I go and earn a little over 2 pulls/day on average. In the last 88 days I’ve pulled a 5* every 5 days out of latest on average (they are lumpy though, it isn’t that regular in reality). That doesn’t include anything I may have landed from a champ level (the Kingpin at 900 in the storm PvP I got today was lvl 300 for instance).
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Much like others, i hoard, then get a bunch at a time.  Usually any new 5* release store, and when a new one joins latest.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I have 38 5* covers in total
    I have 309 latest tokens saved, so let's say that's worth another 309 x 15% x 1.05 = 48.7 covers
    I have 3294 CP saved, and since I only pull classics, let's say that's worth another 3294 / 20 x 15% x 1.05 = 25.9 covers
    Add them all together, you get 112.6 covers
    I'm on day 691. So doing the math that's roughly 1 cover every 6.1 days.

To put it in context, I think I only got 1 in the first 3 months or something like that and it has picked up the higher I get in the game. So my average will continue to climb and I suspect it's meaningfully higher now that it was a year ago, but I'd still love to know how to average 4 a week because I don't think I'm touching anything close to @Projectus2501 's number.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Casual player who doesn't hoard so far, usually just outside of top 100 finishes in most events. I'd say I average at least two a week. Some weeks are better than others. This past week i've drawn three in total. My 3 and 4 star draw rate is much better. I get a BH 5 star at least once every six weeks.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    I have 38 5* covers in total
    I have 309 latest tokens saved, so let's say that's worth another 309 x 15% x 1.05 = 48.7 covers
    I have 3294 CP saved, and since I only pull classics, let's say that's worth another 3294 / 20 x 15% x 1.05 = 25.9 covers
    Add them all together, you get 112.6 covers
    I'm on day 691. So doing the math that's roughly 1 cover every 6.1 days.

To put it in context, I think I only got 1 in the first 3 months or something like that and it has picked up the higher I get in the game. So my average will continue to climb and I suspect it's meaningfully higher now that it was a year ago, but I'd still love to know how to average 4 a week because I don't think I'm touching anything close to @Projectus2501 's number.
    5 draws per day, 35 draws per week, should equal between 4 and 5 5* covers per week.
    And yes, the difference between a vet with a mature roster of mosty 340+ 4s and a ton of champed 5s and someone with a roster of baby champs is quite big.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't pulled one since Prof X went in to tokens but I am hoarding CP for anniversary so only opening the odd LT.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
     I get a BH 5 star at least once every six weeks.
    Wow. I haven't had a bonus hero 5* in over a year now I think. Congrats on your pull rates but yeah, it sucks to be me!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
     I get a BH 5 star at least once every six weeks.
    Wow. I haven't had a bonus hero 5* in over a year now I think. Congrats on your pull rates but yeah, it sucks to be me!
    I'm with you @DAZ0273, I think one gotten 1 bh 5* ever (maybe 2)... 
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I've gotten 296 5-star covers in 1126 days of playing MPQ. So that's about 1,84 five-stars per week.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    I look at these numbers and wonder if I am playing the same game as y'all.  I don't hoard (which may be part of the problem) and am lucky to get 1 5* each week.  I am well into 5* land at this point (champed Thanos, Okoyoe, GladTHor, JJ) so it's not like I have a cupcake team.  Maybe my luck is just bad.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    My average is 1.3 5* per week. I suspect it will increase once I am confident of moving to higher SCL (more champ rewards, CPs and getting LTs in placement).
  • Bowgentle
    I look at these numbers and wonder if I am playing the same game as y'all.  I don't hoard (which may be part of the problem) and am lucky to get 1 5* each week.  I am well into 5* land at this point (champed Thanos, Okoyoe, GladTHor, JJ) so it's not like I have a cupcake team.  Maybe my luck is just bad.
    That's the baby champed roster I was talking about.
    You need 15+ champed 5s plus the high level 4s that come with it to generate enough pulls.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I don't keep statistics, but I've gone for several months without pulling any (typically playing to progression in most PvE events).  This month I've managed to pull both a Phoenix and a Jessica Jones so I expect to be hitting the doldrums again soon.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2019
    I just went back through my spreadsheet, and since July 27, 2018 (when I started tracking it) I've pulled 105 5* covers out of Latest Legends, and 5 of those were bonus heroes. 100 organic pulls / 453 days = .22 5* covers/day, basically 1 every 5. So my pull rate for these past 88 is on track. 

I've pulled from other places in that span of time, and gotten 5*s occasionally from it, but I don't really track that. I have a second page for Classic, but I've gone all-in on Latest since Fi5k launched with occasional exceptions.
  • Bowgentle
    I just went back through my spreadsheet, and since July 27, 2018 (when I started tracking it) I've pulled 105 5* covers out of Latest Legends, and 5 of those were bonus heroes. 100 organic pulls / 453 days = .22 5* covers/day, basically 1 every 5. So my pull rate for these past 88 is on track. 

I've pulled from other places in that span of time, and gotten 5*s occasionally from it, but I don't really track that. I have a second page for Classic, but I've gone all-in on Latest since Fi5k launched with occasional exceptions.
    Give us your pull % from latest, that's a much more meaningful metric than raw number of 5* covers.

If you pulled 100/2500 in 453 days you're a lot worse off than someone who draws 100/1000 in that time span.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2019
    The question on the table was "how often do you..." and seemed to be looking for a 5*/time interval number, so that's what I gave. But here are the stats:

Since 6/27/18, in Latest Legends:

Days Tracked: 453
    Total Latest Legends Pulls: 619
    5* Pulls: 100
    5* Pull rate: 16% (this has been up in the 30% range at some points, but that's the spread in the last year)
    4* Bonus Pulls: 28
    5* Bonus Pulls: 5

LL Pulls/day average: 1.36 (Prior to 1/2/2019 when I started pulling exclusively out of LL for Fi5k, I'd been splitting cp into classic, so if we exclude 2018 this number would be 1.92/day)

I don't track 4* bh's from non-latest legends or classic legends, I've probably gotten about twice that many in total based on the current level of my America Chavez.

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Casualish PVP if i even bother, PVE full time, i am averaging 1-2 5* covers a week, sometimes alot more, i've had a day where i got 4 in a row.