Where to spend my CP hoard?

2»

Comments

• ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    I understand why so many are conflicted with this store. It's a classic cash grab ahead of anniversary. 

With 2 meta 5*s there it's a tough choice. Fortunately I'm nowhere near 5* land so I'll hold out until anniversary in the hope of a class of 2019 store that will get me close to champing the MVP 4*s from this year like Ronin, Creed, Juggs et al. 
    The typical Anniversary offering is a Fan Favorite store which should contain a strong mix of meta/very good 4's at weighted odds (50% of 12 favorite ones, 50% everyone else - aka the bottom 73).  This is based on the survey we saw about a month ago.  Then there will be 3 5's who are have also been selected as favorites (look for Strange and/or OML and maybe a meta 5).

In general, people who are spending money on 5's and/or CP may not be that excited about the Fan Favorite store if the mix isn't strong.

So is this a cash grab?  Not necessarily, but it is:

1.  A good CP store, which is something we really haven't seen in a while - the new release stores have been it, and I don't think we've seen a really strong one in a while.
    2.  A way to entice people to use their CP hoards, which is always something the devs are looking to do, especially if they want to begin figuring out ways to somehow address dilution.
    3.  A way to get some people spending when most players are looking to converse resources/hold onto their money for the Anniversary.

There will be a new 5 released (very likely 10/3, otherwise shortly after) and they do like to push out these special CP stores close to those, based on the first half of this year and the store timing we saw then.

Lastly......if they didn't run special CP stores it would take a pretty long time to feature all 34+ 5's in pairs alongside new people.....approximately 85 weeks, or 1 1/2 years (without considering all the 5's you are adding along the way).  So it's a good thing to have special stores like this IMO.

What makes you think that Strange and/or OML will be in the anniversary store?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    OML/Wolverine is a very popular character. Strange is probably the best 3* days in the game and a natural choice for a lot of players’ favorite 5*. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing I would say about Thanos from a progression only in Pve point is that he makes getting there faster, as long as you don't care about health packs.