Costume Offer: Black Panther (Family Legacy)

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you like pve, this is a very good store. 

Okoye and thanks are basically best in class for what they do in pve, and bp is decent and pairs really well with thanos.

Otherwise, $75 costume deals are never particularly interesting.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yet another Hard Pass in a series of Hard Passes...
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Spent my 675 mini hoard of CP to chase Okoye covers as ive decided her black speeding up my PVE clears is the only way to combat the growing MPQ fatigue im suffering.

Got 2 black(saved) and 1 yellow for her plus a BP cover. Im happy with 4 out of 27 since 3 were hers. Plus 2 Shuri bonuses getting me closer to a 3rd black Okoye.
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Post script:
    Okoye now 5/2/2 with 2 saved covers.

Getting there slowly. Back to hoarding until she pops up again in a special vault. If i can maintain my enthusiasm that long.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    So apparent A/B testing with store odds and contents? 

If so, that's just plain despicable. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

...what?
    It's 15% for Okoye, Thanos and BP, for everyone.
  • Therealsmkspy
    edited September 2019
    Bowgentle said:

...what?
    I've seen 1:4 odds store that also included the latest 3 too. Unless it was just an error like the Gambit store way back when. Good for those that caught the bug if so.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:

...what?
    I've seen 1:4 odds store that also included the latest 3 too. Unless it was just an error like the Gambit store way back when. Good for those that caught the bug if so.
    And so you accuse them of A/B testing instead of asking if it's a glitch or mistake? That's not helpful at all, it's just antagonistic.
  • Therealsmkspy
    edited September 2019
    Wrong day to be on the internet, just gonna leave it at that.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Bowgentle said:

...what?
    And so you accuse them of A/B testing instead of asking if it's a glitch or mistake? That's not helpful at all, it's just antagonistic.
    He asked a question and followed it up with IF so... hardly accusing. Fair question to ask, and as one with regular token odds, I agree it sucks. Should be 1:4 for all. 
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    @IceIX, so I have a dilemma that maybe you can answer.   I bought this deal for the costume and the chance at BP and Okoye against my better judgment because my thanos is level 550.  I get my tokens and first pull is a 5 star...Yay!!!   But it's a Thanos... Boo!!!   Fine it's only 1, I'll pull 18 more and I get 2 more 5 stars... Yay!!!   But both are Thanos again... Boo!!!  So 19 pulls,  3 Thanos and I can't do anything with them except sell them for 2k iso.   Is this as intended?   I know I'm in a very small group,  but this is disheartening.  Since costumes can only be bought,  guys like me can't buy these deals because getting a cover for a 550 completely deflates the experience.   Can you comment on this please?  
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    grunth13 said:
    @IceIX, so I have a dilemma that maybe you can answer.   I bought this deal for the costume and the chance at BP and Okoye against my better judgment because my thanos is level 550.  I get my tokens and first pull is a 5 star...Yay!!!   But it's a Thanos... Boo!!!   Fine it's only 1, I'll pull 18 more and I get 2 more 5 stars... Yay!!!   But both are Thanos again... Boo!!!  So 19 pulls,  3 Thanos and I can't do anything with them except sell them for 2k iso.   Is this as intended?   I know I'm in a very small group,  but this is disheartening.  Since costumes can only be bought,  guys like me can't buy these deals because getting a cover for a 550 completely deflates the experience.   Can you comment on this please?  
    I agree wholeheartedly that perhaps we should have some forward looking arrangement if we wish to support the game but have a 550 5* already built from prior pulls.

These are people who support the game immensely and the end result is less enjoyment. That can hardly be right?

btw I hope dear @grunth13 gets something so I will have a chance at getting something as well on the off chance I have a 550 handy :)
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    grunth13 said:
    I've only just graduated to 4* land, and cannot even comprehend life at lvl 550, so this isn't snark or anything. I'm genuinely asking, if this doesn't get resolved to your liking, then instead of selling covers for 2k iso, wouldn't it be better to roster it as a dupe? Would the champ rewards, and your enjoyment of the game not be worth building up the char again? I know a vintage 5 is hard to build up (I cant even get all of them!), but well, I guess it just breaks my heart to have to sell a 5* cover.....
     I do hope they let you trade it or something...
  • Kletvar
    Kletvar Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Warbringa said:

Let us not forget, this was last year (5th Anniversary) 5* token store:

• Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations)
    • Wolverine (Old Man Logan)
    • Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)
    I started playing this game before the 5th Anniversary started. After a while, i somehow got OML from some legendary pack. Until now i couldn't remember how i got him. Thanks D
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 said:
    This is the First-Worldiest of First World MPQ problems that I've ever heard. :)

• grunth13
    grunth13 said:
    This is the First-Worldiest of First World MPQ problems that I've ever heard. :)

It is,  but with that said im being given the option of throwing away covers of the most rarest resource or not get costumes.   I bet there are other 550s as they become more common who will have our already have had the same issue. 
  • grunth13
    grunth13 said:
    I've only just graduated to 4* land, and cannot even comprehend life at lvl 550, so this isn't snark or anything. I'm genuinely asking, if this doesn't get resolved to your liking, then instead of selling covers for 2k iso, wouldn't it be better to roster it as a dupe? Would the champ rewards, and your enjoyment of the game not be worth building up the char again? I know a vintage 5 is hard to build up (I cant even get all of them!), but well, I guess it just breaks my heart to have to sell a 5* cover.....
     I do hope they let you trade it or something...
    Many do, but they are way past the iso crunch.   I stopped playing pve for a long time during the roster scaling days and because of  work and family.  I already have 362 roster slots and growing.  Each costing 2k hp at the current moment.  Currently im just have enough iso saved up for next 3 latest.   And it's not like im getting tons of thanos because i don't open classics.   I also understand not exchanging covers in classic because they cost less,  but these special vaults cost the same as latest and we are forced to buy there tokens if we want a new costume.   That's why they should do something for special vaults... since they are,  you know,  special. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 said:
    grunth13 said:

It is,  but with that said im being given the option of throwing away covers of the most rarest resource or not get costumes.   I bet there are other 550s as they become more common who will have our already have had the same issue. 
    While I realize that making covers for max-level characters still carry some value would solve the problem, so would selling cosmetics alone and at reasonable prices. You could join us in campaigning for that for the betterment of the entire playerbase.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX

A minor correction:  The in game offer and store appear to be running until 9/25 at 12 PM, not AM as listed in the post.
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I thought dupes of 550s was the one case they still allowed swaps.