Costume Offer: Black Panther (Family Legacy)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
edited September 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Wakanda Forever! Get the Black Panther Costume in MPQ starting 9/19! This bundle not only includes a new costume for 5-Star Black Panther, calling back to his roots with his father's sash and gear, but also some great items to push your roster further.

Check out the details below:

2019-09-10-MARVEL---Black-Panther-Costume-Bundle-Social--Retargeting-848x482png

Black Panther (Family Legacy) Special Offer
  • Starts: 9/19/19 12pm ET
  • Ends: 9/25/19 12am ET
  • Cost: $74.99 USD (converted to your region's currency and/or platform)
  • Content:
    • Black Panther (Family Legacy) costume for Black Panther (Civil War)
    • 5x Command Points for you and your Alliance
    • 10,000 Hero Points
    • 5 tokens for the Legends of Wakanda Legendary Store
During this offer, the Legends of Wakanda store will be running.
25 CP - Features Black Panther (Civil War), Okoye (Warrior General) and Thanos (The Mad Titan) at increased odds

Note: To clarify, this is the same odds as a Latest Legends with the three above featured.

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    JHawkInc said:
    Cost: $74.99 USD 

These cosmetic item pricing habits are so predatory that Chris Hansen just signed up for a forum account.

The other items are obviously considered part of the deal. It is still a bit high, I agree. Looks like a nice store though if anyone has the cp to pull from it.

The costume actually looks really cool, but I won’t be spending the $74.99 on it. I’d spend $50 on this bundle possibly.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX
    what is increased odds then?  This doesn’t make any sense. 
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    @IceIX
    what is increased odds then?  This doesn’t make any sense. 
    Updated the post with a note. It's a Latest Legends-alike. Poor ad copy and I've already poked the original writer. :neutral:
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holy expensive batman
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Costume bundle is the usual "Looks cool. *checks prices* Not that cool." affair, but I like that store. I could use more covers for both Thanos and Panther, and a few champ levels for Okoye would help keep her in front more often with a few of my other champs.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    That vault is reeeeally tempting to unpack my CP hoard into. But the anniversary vault is probably also around the corner. Sucks that hoarding is enforced and we can‘t ever really feast on it to be afraid of missing out just a day later.

Damn you, capitalism.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX

Is brigby ok? I appreciate we are getting some interaction but I'm missing brigby.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    Another loot box with a misleading claim of increased odds, classy.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    supergarv said:
    That vault is reeeeally tempting to unpack my CP hoard into. But the anniversary vault is probably also around the corner. Sucks that hoarding is enforced and we can‘t ever really feast on it to be afraid of missing out just a day later.

Damn you, capitalism.
    Yeah, my 1/5/1 Okoye could definitely use more blacks but I'll just keep hoarding for Anniversary.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    supergarv said:

Damn you, capitalism.

This is one that, thankfully, I won't have to worry about.  I've already got Thanos and Okoye champed, and Panther is not even close enough to make it worthwhile.  We'll see who is in any of the Legendary vaults.  I'm guessing a Kitty vault would put a major dent in a lot of CP hoards.

So would a vault with Wasp and Kitty Pryde in it be a tinykitty vault?
  • Zeofar
    Zeofar Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    That store is a beast, I'm growing increasingly confused on how I ought to spend the CP I've been stocking up :s
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Zeofar said:
    That store is a beast, I'm growing increasingly confused on how I ought to spend the CP I've been stocking up :s
    If you’re serious about PvE then Thanos is an absolute must have. I have been waiting on this for a while (chance to finish Thanos) and will not let this opportunity pass.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Probably going to spend all my CP on this one 

I mean Okoye and Thanos in same draw, can't get much better than that.  I think I will take my chances here instead of hoping the Anniversary is better, gamble either way!

Let us not forget, this was last year (5th Anniversary) 5* token store:

• Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations)
    • Wolverine (Old Man Logan)
    • Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    • Cost: $74.99 USD (converted to your region's currency and/or platform)
    :D

Judging from all the other costumes I've got...    that is so overpriced. Add 5 LT's that are 85% likely to be 4*'s...  Yikes.

I know F2P pricing is a bit high/crazy but you guys are truly out there.
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited September 2019
    @IceIX

Can you give us any info on what the anniversary vault/store will be yet? Im in the same boat if i should spend my hard earned CP hoard or wait the 3 weeks.  Great store, but very unfortunate timing.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are asking "why is it so expensive?"......this is the 5th costume bundle for a 5* at this price point.  I assume that the devs wouldn't be repeating this type of offer if people didn't buy them.  So the answer is  "whales/your fellow players buying them."  Buy club partakers will see that this offer is a better deal than that what you get there.

@TheDobot For reference, last year the Anniversary post was first put up on 10/1/18 and had the first public information about the Anniversary vault and Fan Favorite CP store (which opened 10/4/18).  So I think we are going to be waiting a while for official information.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Advanced warning for an upcoming bundle and an upcoming special legendary store??! Quick where are my smelling salts?!

Seriously though, I may not be able to afford this bundle, but having advance notice (before it actually pops up in the game) of well..... anything, is greatly appreciated. Please keep up this level of communication (at the least).
    Very thank you! :)