AI advantage

Comments

• A_Wise_Man
    A_Wise_Man Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    No, AI makes a move and tiles drop from the top. 90% of the time - one move turns into three or four moves for the AI. Just got through playing Jessica Jones, Hulk Main Event, and Thanos. After 3 moves, the AI had 175 AP. I had 12 AP.  It's insane the amount of AP the AI is collecting. Normally, I quit or "retreat" when I notice a 3 to1 ratio. I have to quit nearly every game. My fun level is plummeting. 

Yes, I know the Hulk makes an extra move before the round.
    So....the AI had at least 25 AP in every color and TU...but it didn't fire anything?  
  • jambattles
    jambattles Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Is english your first language? I can only assume it must not be because this is barely english. 

"What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

Kudos to The Billy Madison quote. Although wrong, it’s the only thing you’ve said that wasn’t bat **** crazy. 
  • jambattles
    No, AI makes a move and tiles drop from the top. 90% of the time - one move turns into three or four moves for the AI. Just got through playing Jessica Jones, Hulk Main Event, and Thanos. After 3 moves, the AI had 175 AP. I had 12 AP.  It's insane the amount of AP the AI is collecting. Normally, I quit or "retreat" when I notice a 3 to1 ratio. I have to quit nearly every game. My fun level is plummeting. 

So....the AI had at least 25 AP in every color and TU...but it didn't fire anything?  
    If I remember correctly, it only fired the team up power. 
  • A_Wise_Man

That's not a thing.  The AI will occasionally and randomly choose not to fire a power if it has another power that's more expensive.  If it gets to the more expensive power it will fire it 100% of the time.  So unless these matches were against America Chavez by herself, these numbers are either gross exaggerations or outright lies.  
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay everyone. I have a theory.

OVERCLOCKED!
    This is misdirection. To try and get us to not talk about bishop. Ignore the troll and go defend your position on Bishop in another topic right now.
  • A_Wise_Man
    tiomono said:

OVERCLOCKED!
    This is misdirection. To try and get us to not talk about bishop. Ignore the troll and go defend your position on Bishop in another topic right now.
    I'm tired of bishop nerf threads!  Nerf nerf bishop threads!  
  • A_Wise_Man
    edited September 2019
    https://www.demiurgestudios.com/engineering/a-worthy-opponent/

Here you go.  Here's some actual research on this exact topic written by someone with access to the actual coding of the game.  
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    tiomono said:

OVERCLOCKED!
    Me too. But this one piled up more direct insults to individuals than nearly 40 pages of Bishop discussion in the other topics lol. We may need to let this one simmer down. Get out some angst out on Bishop threads and come back here with calm discussion.
  • A_Wise_Man
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:

OVERCLOCKED!
    Me too. But this one piled up more direct insults to individuals than nearly 40 pages of Bishop discussion in the other topics lol. We may need to let this one simmer down. Get out some angst out on Bishop threads and come back here with calm discussion.
    I'm amazed the mods haven't given out warnings or something already.
  • jambattles

That's not a thing.  The AI will occasionally and randomly choose not to fire a power if it has another power that's more expensive.  If it gets to the more expensive power it will fire it 100% of the time.  So unless these matches were against America Chavez by herself, these numbers are either gross exaggerations or outright lies.  
    I’m not sure the order of how they acquired the AP. At the time they fired the TU power, it must have been its highest power that it had the AP to fire? I didn’t check which power was the greatest. I looked over the AP said a couple of choice words and closed the app. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,231 Chairperson of the Boards
    jambattles said: 
    Is english your first language? I can only assume it must not be because this is barely english. 

"What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

Kudos to The Billy Madison quote. Although wrong, it’s the only thing you’ve said that wasn’t bat tinykitty crazy. 
    Go back and look over this thread.  Literally everyone is disagreeing with you.   When everyone is telling you the sky is blue and you're the only one saying it's purple , maybe it's time to reevaluate who is crazy. 

Go back and look at not just everyone trying to explain the faults in your argument,  but also the reactions.   They all have likes and insightful tags.   Meanwhile you have been flagged at least 5 times so far for "abuse" , because apparently you can't have a discussion like an adult and have to resort to personal attacks but then somehow have the gall to call others trolls.

As has already been said,  I'm surprised a mod hasn't been here by now. 

But to get this thread back on topic,  I wholeheartedly agree that bishop needs a nerf.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:

OVERCLOCKED!
    That’s where OP made his mistake. He should have blamed the whole thing on Bishop and we would have a totally different thread. ;)
  • jambattles
    Brimann222

I’ve only defended myself from you all calling me a liar. Take the time do the experiment. If it’s not worth your time, then don’t attack me. You’re attacking an experience I had and shared. Do you not see a problem with your attitude? The moment proof was requested this thread became childish. Stop asking for it. You are not entitled to it just because you want it. 

I do regret saying the AI was getting tile drops 90% of the time. I didn’t realize the actual results would be so close to a hyperbole. 
  • jambattles
    jp1 said:
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:

OVERCLOCKED!
    That’s where OP made his mistake. He should have blamed the whole thing on Bishop and we would have a totally different thread. ;)
    Do you think it’s too late, lol. 
  • jp1
    edited September 2019
    If you don’t publish data for peer review you can’t claim to present accurate scientific evidence. 

The request is valid if you want people to take your post seriously. It is a pretty heavy allegation you have levied against the Devs, it’s only reasonable to expect you prove it isn’t baseless. Otherwise, it’s nothing short of slander.
  • jp1
    jp1 said:
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:

OVERCLOCKED!
    Do you think it’s too late, lol. 
    It is never too late to hate Bishop and blame him for all MPQ evil. Repent and ye’ shall be forgiven.
  • BriMan2222
    edited September 2019
    Brimann222

I’ve only defended myself from you all calling me a liar. Take the time do the experiment. If it’s not worth your time, then don’t attack me. You’re attacking an experience I had and shared. Do you not see a problem with your attitude? The moment proof was requested this thread became childish. Stop asking for it. You are not entitled to it just because you want it. 

I do regret saying the AI was getting tile drops 90% of the time. I didn’t realize the actual results would be so close to a hyperbole. 
    Go back and reread.  I never once called you a liar,  I said we need proof of your claims. You made a claim,  the burden of proof is on you. 

That was someone else who arguably called you a liar,  and even he basically said give proof.

Work on your reading comprehension before you lash out at people for things they never said. 
  • BriMan2222
    jp1 said:
    If you don’t publish data for peer review you can’t claim to present accurate scientific evidence. 

The request is valid if you want people to take your post seriously. It is a pretty heavy allegation you have levied against the Devs, it’s only reasonable to expect you prove it isn’t baseless. Otherwise, it’s nothing short of slander.
    This
  • jambattles
    jp1 said:

Since it’s one person conducting an experiment of 100 games, it can’t hold much of a scientific evidence. I doubt I could ever repeat my findings. I can only present my occurrence. However, if I can get several people to conduct a similar experiment, then we would have several independent studies. Without my proof, the experiments can be conducted without basis. Why do you think I’ve been pushing for more people to do the experiment? 1 person coming to the conclusion will be made out to be crazy; however, if this is done by many people, then it becomes a stronger argument that a change needs to be made. It also helps to see if this is an anomaly that a few are experiencing. Peer review won’t do much without several data points. What are they going to compare it to? How often should the AI receive more than 3 AP in a match 3 game? Has this been published? If not, the devs can state AI advantage is not present unless 100% of turns result in 3+ AP. 
  • jp1
    This is fundamentally flawed in regards to the scientific process as well as the concept of peer review. 

At this point all you can legitimately present is speculation. I’m not suggesting you are a liar, I’m trying to present you with the rationale being used in questioning your conclusion. 

The onus is on the accuser to present proof of their allegations not bystanders or the accused. Sorry if you are feeling attacked because of that, but it’s the way things work.

This discussion has been closed.