Rewards in Enemy of the State

2»

Comments

• hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Qu1ckfire said:
    Will there be more nodes in the upcoming parts of this story since I feel like I won’t be able to reach Vulture at this rate.

Every day except 1 has wave nodes, which are great for points, and the fact that it's 7 days means you can go light on the first few days and heavy on the last and still reach most/all of the progression goals.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Qu1ckfire said:
    Will there be more nodes in the upcoming parts of this story since I feel like I won’t be able to reach Vulture at this rate.

Every day except 1 has wave nodes, which are great for points, and the fact that it's 7 days means you can go light on the first few days and heavy on the last and still reach most/all of the progression goals.
    Every node, in every PVE, has more points available than the one before.  Assuming you're hitting nodes 6X, you'll easily get the Vulture covers.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,761 Chairperson of the Boards

Haven't updated this for a long time, but some info is still relevant:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65959/pve-enemy-of-the-state-2017-06-29-to-2017-07-07#latest

I'm sure I had a post with all the waves, but can't find it anywhere.

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    ZootSax said:
    [a bunch of really helpful strategy stuff]
    4* Luke Cage was a game-changer for me, particularly with even only a few covers in his passive.  Even without Quake, the number of countdowns dropped by enemies almost guarantee enough protect tiles that almost nothing short of a Konran Meteor Hammer will hurt you.  Bonus points if you also have 4* Wasp with yellow covers, who can immediately turn all that defense into single-shot match damage offense (but make sure all the Kishu are already gone, or you risk eating Caltrops).
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    The only problem I have with this event is that I REALLY hate 5 wave nodes.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    I hate them too, until I see the leaderboard after the sub and that some of my competition waited too long on their clears and then got chewed up by the wave nodes and ran out of time. But for me the only big annoyance are Teisatsu. Oh, if you hate 5 wave nodes then you're really going to hate the final node on the last sub, it's 6 waves. Yeah, I'm sure I'll be investing in some health packs.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Rhipf said:
    For long wave nodes, i like to try and make them more interesting for myself, by doing things like using nico with somebody like 3* storm or 3* bullseye to see how high i can buff the special tiles. Nico, medusa and storm is a good team for a 5 wave node because of the healing.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are a lot of great wave node characters and/or Teisatsu tile countering characters for this event:  

Hela, replace those Teisatsu tiles with your own and see your tiles buff quickly
    3* Bullseye - the original wave node champion, who can also get rid of enemy tiles
    4* Thanos - get rid of an attack tile every round
    Strange (either version) - lots of passive damage and finally a good use for the eye power
    She Hulk - get lots of Teisatsu tiles out then convert and buff half of them with her blue
    4* Cage - gets enough defense tiles out there to neutralize the enemy tiles (most of the time)
    Kraven - reduces strength of enemy attack tiles
    Ant Man - same idea as She-Hulk convert all of those tiles to your benefit using his blue
    5* Daredevil - regenerates and places Strike tiles and can convert and stun
    5* Gambit - yes his purple can replace a bunch of tiles and deal a lot of damage, many ways to get that purple very fast too  (lesser extent 3* Gambit too but no purple AP generation makes him not as effective)
    4* Gamora - stun those Teisatsu so they don't generate those tiles in the first place
    Gwenpool - Sploit those tiles out of existence
    Invisible Woman - lock those tiles in existence and generate your own tiles
    4* Jean - AoE damage and remove 6 tiles
    Medusa - shuffle and steal
    Sandman - AoE stun
    4* Star Lord - lots of AP and replace enemy tiles
    Vulture - Airborne and destroy lots of enemy tiles
    3* DD - stun and enemy tile destruction with damage
    3* Doc Ock - bonus when you match away those enemy tiles and attack tile destruction

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa said:
    There are a lot of great wave node characters and/or Teisatsu tile countering characters for this event:  

[snip character list]
    5-star Strange's Purple at LVL 5 gets rid of everything (traps included) at the rate of one per turn, and it's very difficult for non-tile moves to remove.

5-star Thanos stuns the Teisatsu smoke makers provided you kill off someone else first, or have his purple out when they die.  Just be aware that in any wave node, your other characters *will* be taking some serious damage.  Either that, or sacrifice a couple of 1-stars as cannon fodder.

5-star Black Widow can get rid of countdowns with her purple.

Prowler can steal the enemy tiles once you match them.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    As someone mentioned above the nice thing about wave nodes on a 7 day event is that people misjudge the time it takes to complete them so it's a bit easier to place higher.  I always try to start a couple of hours before end of sub to make sure I can clear and then go back to get a few points here and there as needed.  The points I don't get is more then made up by actually doing 7 clears each time.

My champed 5* star roster isn't big but it is definitely the right one for waves.  I brute force the waves using either HalfGladiThor/Okoye/JJ if there are tile movers on defense or HalfGladiThor/Gritty if just ninjas/goons/etc.  Either one does the job.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forgot that I'm supposed to clear all the wave nodes in the first main Node and I was boot out of top 10 when I last saw my placement. 

However, when the dust was cleared, a number of top scorers also forgot to clear the wave nodes in main node. As time passed, I was back into top 10.

Wave nodes + Attack tiles + underestimation of clearing time of competitors = good stuff. :D

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    I forgot that I'm supposed to clear all the wave nodes in the first main Node and I was boot out of top 10 when I last saw my placement. 

Definitely not just you. I’ve been ending my subs around 10th place but because of top players missing the first wave, I’m 3rd overall at the moment. Kinda feel bad... 😊
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    Be glad you didn't play the first run of this event then. There was a bug in that 5 wave "Black Hole" node, where completing the fifth wave would just send you back to wave 1 immediately. You had to die or retreat to escape.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Rhipf said:
    Be glad you didn't play the first run of this event then. There was a bug in that 5 wave "Black Hole" node, where completing the fifth wave would just send you back to wave 1 immediately. You had to die or retreat to escape.
    I had forgotten about that.  Was that the same run where the points were so screwy that the 4E on one sub was a wave node which counted for almost as many points than the rest of the sub combined?  I could have sworn that happened once before, but my memory is foggy...
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Warbringa said:

Hela, replace those Teisatsu tiles with your own and see your tiles buff quickly
    3* Bullseye - the original wave node champion, who can also get rid of enemy tiles
    4* Thanos - get rid of an attack tile every round
    Strange (either version) - lots of passive damage and finally a good use for the eye power
    She Hulk - get lots of Teisatsu tiles out then convert and buff half of them with her blue
    4* Cage - gets enough defense tiles out there to neutralize the enemy tiles (most of the time)
    Kraven - reduces strength of enemy attack tiles
    Ant Man - same idea as She-Hulk convert all of those tiles to your benefit using his blue
    5* Daredevil - regenerates and places Strike tiles and can convert and stun
    5* Gambit - yes his purple can replace a bunch of tiles and deal a lot of damage, many ways to get that purple very fast too  (lesser extent 3* Gambit too but no purple AP generation makes him not as effective)
    4* Gamora - stun those Teisatsu so they don't generate those tiles in the first place
    Gwenpool - Sploit those tiles out of existence
    Invisible Woman - lock those tiles in existence and generate your own tiles
    4* Jean - AoE damage and remove 6 tiles
    Medusa - shuffle and steal
    Sandman - AoE stun
    4* Star Lord - lots of AP and replace enemy tiles
    Vulture - Airborne and destroy lots of enemy tiles
    3* DD - stun and enemy tile destruction with damage
    3* Doc Ock - bonus when you match away those enemy tiles and attack tile destruction

America Chavez - Boost her AP, and she's a tank. Pair her with a battery like Vulture, and you can ride to victory, especially if there are no tile movers she'll be facing.