Is Prof X/Storm/Iceman worth spending LLs on?

2»

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I'm with JimboJambo. If the goal is to cover some stronger 5 stars in any capacity, drawing now would be a smarter move. You may not champion all or any of them, but it's much easier to draw for a select group of stronger 5s in LL then it will be to draw for the same 5s in the dilute heavy Classics...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ain't nothing wrong with drawing now. But if you do, it's incredibly important to manage your expectations.

If you're fine just getting a start on these characters, there's nothing wrong with that. Just know that barring being offered in special stores, once they rotate out of Latest they'll likely be stuck where you've covered them for many months.

Some people are cool with that, others want to make sure when they pull they get covered or nearly covered characters. You just need to decide what's acceptable for you. 

And keep in mind that if you pull now, it will compromise your ability to cover other characters later. That's the gamble of RNG. And we all have to make those choices. 
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    It seems like a good time to pull your Latest tokens. Professor X and Iceman both seem excellent. You won’t completely cover them but every cover you get now is one you won’t need in the future.  Pulling is fun and you’ll get much needed 4* covers. Enjoy 4* land, it’s loads of fun. 

I have never hoarded 300 pulls and I don’t get top 10 in PvE and hardly play PvP and I somehow managed to champ 13 5*s so far. There’s no one way to play. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I disagree with some of the advice here. If you're happy in 4* land with no plans to transition any time soon, but you hope to cover one or two of these 5*s in the future (like I really want Iceman) then you should absolutely get as many covers as you can while they are in latest. Dilution is going to make it increasingly difficult to get them once they arrive in classics.
    I think it is extremely hard to plan on covering any particular 5* that has less than 9 or 10 covers after leaving latest tokens. 

It may happen, but It would require some combination of extreme luck, BH'ing 1 5* for a vast number of LT pulls, or a specialty store, none of which are easy things to make happen. 

But I agree that goals matter a lot when designing a cp/lt strategy.  The latter will carry significantly depending upon the former.