My anniversary wish is...

theomen
theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
Your MPQ fairy godmother appears just before the big anniversary ball and grants you one MPQ-based wish. What do you choose?

My anniversary wish is... 106 votes

A dilution solution
33%
rdevil32UNC_SamuraiWarbringaZombionicdoomLiftoffWEBGASn25phillyCaptain_CarlmanJezequelZalastamaguirenumber6rg72DyingLegendshinnarutoMETT-T dependentHistamielTheghouseA_Wise_ManPalookavilletalleman 35 votes
5* reworks
14%
ThanosPorkBellyKolencethedarkphoenixGrimSkaldwymtimeLLohmThe Viceroy Returnsbluewolfkennn712MushroomGenius808Cactus_Jack_87LordRaynetheomenZeofar 15 votes
Nerfed Bishop
6%
xKOBALTxfrachrDaredevil217The rockettbowla33Projectus2501BigSoftieFF 7 votes
more events/return of event
7%
abmorazbonny79FelessaDAZ0273kk3thessMagipinkChitownpeterdark 8 votes
More feeders
8%
jtmageeChipster22[Deleted User]tchipleyBubba3210Reecohrandomhero1090Ares76Rhadamanthus23 9 votes
Support for supports
4%
tiomonoHoundofShadowPyram7XheroeIIAlonditeII 5 votes
Daily Crash of the Titans/ more ways to get 5* covers
19%
afsplatPolaresfirethorneIridiousdivounenorthnorthrdvargas1rainkingucdRazamatazqandolsMonsoon3crackninjaPtahhotepcaptainheathHilkjp1marvel075MrEd95GreenroomBobdvol 21 votes
Other (please explain)
5%
fight4thedreamMalcrofammenelltherightwayeBorstockskittledaddy 6 votes

Comments

• theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    5* reworks
    5* reworks for me hands down. I started a thread outlining why in Suggestions, but basically because I think it would make the game more fun.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    more events/return of event
    I was going to vote for a solution to dilution but then if we had another regular 'side' event that meant I could aim for progression and drop out of needing to rank at every pve event then I'd be happy. This means I shouldn't ever get to the point where I don't have anything to do, like after the fist day of a 2 day node or between seasons in pvp.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Support for supports
    I feel right now supports are in the worst spot of your listed options.

We are severely limited in how to attain them. They are items made to "support" our characters and yet a 1* support is more rare than a 5* character.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* reworks
    You can't fix dilution before we drop below 1%.  What fun would that be?  Just 2 more 4's to go.

I can somewhat deal with Bishop as is, if the devs just promised to NEVER BOOST HIM AGAIN.  But nerfing would be good.  Except it's got to be pretty far down the list of items for discussion.

More events?  Sure, why not.....or fix some old ones.  Maybe we'll see some new ones pretty soon.

Supports would be nice, but I'm getting close to finishing mine off and then I'd be behind again.  That's the point, right?  To feel like you're finished with stuff in the game?

A daily crash would almost certainly not give out an LT every day.

5* reworks would probably help with some of the sameness. I'm chasing some old ones, I hope they don't screw up Bolt now that I just champed him.

Face it, none of that stuff is happening with the dev team staff they have on the game.

More feeders is like the only thing I think will definitely happen for Anniversary from the list.  At least in terms of "we usually get 0, here's 1 or 2."
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nerfed Bishop
    If I could have ANYTHING I’d want saved teams. That would be the best QOL feature that I could ask for.  I used to play a table top collectible game and had an app that I’d spend hours on creating and saving teams with different synergies. So beyond the obvious speed benefits when grinding PVE; it’d just be fun for me to think of different PVP team combos, load them up; and play them later on until they die, then swap in another combo. 

Of the things on the list, I’ll throw my support to nerfing Bishop. 
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    A dilution solution
    Dilution by about a million miles.  Would love to see this game actually be worth playing again
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Support for supports
    I'm biased, as I'm now cracking into the 4* tier, but I'd hope and pray for a silution to dilution. I have a champed Iron Man Hulkbuster, a fully covered X Force Wolverine, and the rest of my 4 Stars are anywhere between 1 and 10 covers. I haven't rostered them all, though.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm biased, as I'm now cracking into the 4* tier, but I'd hope and pray for a silution to dilution. I have a champed Iron Man Hulkbuster, a fully covered X Force Wolverine, and the rest of my 4 Stars are anywhere between 1 and 10 covers. I haven't rostered them all, though.
    Well you can buy these awesome weekend deals for all your 10 cover 4s now!
    That seems to be their solution to dilution, pay 22 euros for 3 covers.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    5* reworks
    I voted for 5 Star reworks.
    When all is said and done, there are only about 4 to 5 that are worthwhile when compared against each other.
    Thanks to power creep over the past 2+ years, their Health, Match Damage, and power damage balance needs to be completely rebalanced against each other.

However, I guess my real desire is a 5-Star token "Streak buster", where if you pull a set number of non- 5 Star tokens in a row (say 10 4 Star covers in a row), your next one is guaranteed to be a 5 Star.
    It would eliminate those terrible 0 for 30+ pulls without a 5 Star.  

Oh, and the Streak Buster is added with NO other changes.
    I hear thoughts that if they did add such a feature, they would nerf something involving 5 Star acquisition, such as Token cost, pull %, etc.  if did, it would be a net neutral change or worse depending on how bad they went.

This game desperately needs a "Cost of living adjustment" that is topical in other threads.

So is this a fix for dilution?  Kind of, but just a band-aid really.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Daily Crash of the Titans/ more ways to get 5* covers
    I chose something else in the poll, but my hope is just changing the bonus hero percentage.

Double it, or better triple it.  Dilution mostly solved.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    A dilution solution
    Dilution is probably the biggest problem in the game to me. When I can open 88 heroics, 9 legendaries and spend 700 cp on classics and really only get one or two covers for characters that I'm trying to focus on that's a problem. My solution is custom packs where the player would get to choose characters that they want to focus on. You could still have influence from Demi like the latest four, and four specific ones per pvp season with increased odds but then the last 4-8 characters would be slots for each player.

If you're in 3* land and your alliance is telling you that you need Rocket and Groot, Medusa, Gamora and Bishop then you could get those much faster.

Maybe you took a break from the game like me and now you're playing catch up on the characters from the past few months that you missed. Do you really want Talos? Does anyone? Do Talos fanboys exist? But, hey, now you can get your current 2 cover Talos more covers much faster than the current system.

Oh, hello 5* players. You don't really care much about 4s but Juggernaut is a powerhouse and you do need to focus on the 4s that are feeding your 5s. With custom packs you wouldn't need to rely on bonus heroes so much to get more covers from the 4* feeders and you could instead use your BH on someone else.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dilution isnt a problem to me, imo.  Sure, its harder to get any character you want.

But does it really matter as much when only like 10 characters matter in the end game?

I would want the rebalance of any/all characters more than anything.  If the characters were actually balanced to some extent, then dilution is the next problem in line, IMO.  But it doesnt matter when only a few characters (aka most peoples bonus hearts) are worth chasing.

Mind you, i get a lot of people like collecting.  However, the value of other characters should raise before i really care about the odds of getting and chasing certain ones.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* reworks
    Rebalancing of characters would be a nice quality change from the devs.  From the other options support for supports feels needed and for the dilution of characters I think either a daily crash for 4* or more feeders would be good solutions.

• Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    A dilution solution
    I voted dilution solution but I’d also like the chance to earn support tokens on a more regular basis. 
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    A dilution solution
    When is the anniversary?
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Support for supports
    PiMacleod said:
    Dilution isnt a problem to me, imo.  Sure, its harder to get any character you want.

But does it really matter as much when only like 10 characters matter in the end game?

I would want the rebalance of any/all characters more than anything.  If the characters were actually balanced to some extent, then dilution is the next problem in line, IMO.  But it doesnt matter when only a few characters (aka most peoples bonus hearts) are worth chasing.

Mind you, i get a lot of people like collecting.  However, the value of other characters should raise before i really care about the odds of getting and chasing certain ones.
    Bear in mind that most players aren’t comfortably-nestled 5-star players. ”does it matter much when only 10 matter in the end” is the question you posed, and the resounding answer is it absolutely matters, and colossally to anyone who doesn’t already have any of those characters. Dilution continually means that those characters “that matter” get further and further out of reach of new players.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    A dilution solution
    When is the anniversary?
    Some time in October
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* reworks
    The game released 10/3/13. So Anniversary stuff is always around then, starts early October.