Which PVE would you most like to see updated?

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
The recent PVEs (Cosmic Chaos and Infinite Pursuit) have a number of benefits over older ones due to some design choices.  Such as:  Fewer trivials in IP, one-and-done loaner nodes, well spaced node placement, boss battles.  They also have waves offering event tokens; that may or may not appeal to you.

If you were going to ask the dev team to polish up an older one (to include some of the 2019 design choices), which would you choose?  Maybe this might be something they are more likely to do than SCL10, fix dilution, etc as it impacts all players pretty equally.

I had to leave off 7-days and figure Deadpool is pretty low-effort anyway, so chose to leave that out.

Which PVE would you most like to see updated? 58 votes

Unstable Iso-8
3%
JackDeath666RentedPanda 2 votes
The Hunt
48%
Dragon_NexusYasuruColognoisseurkillercoolBryan LambertIridiouswymtimeZootSaxn25phillyJezequelThe Viceroy Returnsbonny79maguirenumber6FelessaMETT-T dependentBubba3210Monsoon3TPF AlexisPtahhotepFriarbundy 28 votes
Thick as Thieves
3%
ZombionicdoomJHawkInc 2 votes
Meet Rocket & Groot
3%
spidyjedi84Burcee 2 votes
Venom Bomb
6%
therightwayeelko90Ares76IIAlonditeII 4 votes
Webbed Wonder
1%
LLohm 1 vote
Strange Sights
3%
KolenceAlfje17 2 votes
Honor Among Thieves
15%
MalcrofbluewolfCharlieCrokerFreelancerqandolsLifeofAgonyBigSoftieFFHoundofShadowabenness 9 votes
Hearts of Darkness
5%
TeamStewiejp1Neoktheone 3 votes
Simulator
8%
rdvargas1grenadierHilkKingart813MoonKnight 5 votes

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Honor Among Thieves
    I can't remember which PvE (related to GotG?) it is but updating the one with Mindless Ones in the loaners node to a single clear node would be good. It almost cost me my top 10 placement a couple times because this is the only node that, with normal board, takes me up to 2.5 minutes to clear. By the time I'm done, I'm out of top 10. But at the end of the first sub, I'm back to top 10 and  I suppose other players got slowed down by them too.

Edited: Thanks @ZootSax !
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Hunt
    Honor Among Thieves is the GotG PVE, @HoundofShadow

Just FYI for voting purposes
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Any of them where when you select a node once it expands to obscure other nodes nearby and makes them difficult or impossible to select. I think it happens in venom bomb and in thick as thieves but I’m not certain. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2019
    To tell you the truth, I couldn't tell you the difference between the Hunt, Unstable ISO, and Thick as Thieves.  All 3 are generic "Kill hammer/maggia goons and Dark Avengers" that just blend together and have nothing really separating them apart.

• therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Venom Bomb
    Besides a select few it honestly feels like they are all the same. Each event feels like an extension of the same big poop I'm dropping. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thick as Thieves
    I'm genuinely not sure what I'd pick.

Reflex says Deadpool vs MPQ, partly because I hate back-to-back 48 hour subs (I hate them in general, for that matter), but also because I'd like to see more Hero and Villain teams that they could come up with, and breaking it into more sub events would allow that. 

And of the 7-days, Iso-8 Brotherhood could maybe use something to make it stand out. Hulk and Prodigal and Enemy of the State all have something that makes them unique. But my memory of Iso-8 Brotherhood is that it's boring and repetitive.

Going just from the list, I might pick one... Thick as Thieves has Magneto, and Meet Rocket & Groot has Mystique, right? I'd double-down on one of them (probably the former) to make it a little more Brotherood of Mutants oriented, add in Sabretooth, tweak the nodes. Maybe skip forward in the timeline to add in more Bortherhood members and tweak Hood's minions to make the entire event stand out a little more? Just brainstorming here.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    All of them.
    Take loaner nodes out of the subs and only give points for one hit.
    Leave them open if you must, but for all that is holy don't make me hit them 3 times each end grind.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    The Hunt
    Wakanda, so we can get it back in rotation for added variety.
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Unstable Iso-8
    I said Unstable Iso 8 because I feel like it has a more tedious hub screen with required nodes before allowing you to move to a sub.  Meet R&G is probably my second because of the required nodes in the sub you need to complete before it opens the required character nodes and trivial nodes.  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Hunt
    Clean up the Florida sub.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    The Hunt
    The Florida sub is brutal.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpool vs MPQ, because the AI teams are no longer representative of the expanded MPQ roster.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Honor Among Thieves
    Sub 2 HAT Loaner node. My most hated node and sub in the entire game by far.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Obligatory answer of Gauntlet.