So when does Professor X rotate into Latests?

2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it’s today, I defintely won’t get that last Rescue I need, but I guess that’s ok lol. Onward and upward!
    Truth be told I'm more interested in Juggernaut as I don't have enough pulls to cover a 5* without insane luck but Prof, Icey and Storm don't seem a bad bunch to spend the unusually large stack of LT's I seem to have acquired from somewhere on, meaning I can hoard CP for Anniversary.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it’s today, I defintely won’t get that last Rescue I need, but I guess that’s ok lol. Onward and upward!
    Exact same boat for me. I pulled a purple this morning but it was Bobby. I have Rescue at 14 covers but two of them are saved Yellows. I guess if she gets a feeder I’m in good shape.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    I'm not convinced anyone really needs a last Rescue.... I can't imagine using her for more than a "how will this go?" match once she fades into the Classic pool.

So you'll mostly end up using her as an Essential in a year, then in a year and a quarter, then another year and a half....

I'm personally more than happy to end with a 2/5/5, but saved covers are annoying, I agree, given the rate of feeders being added to the game.  Could be years before Rescue gets one.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    bluewolf said:
    I feel like we have eliminated all other possibilities.....

It would have been nice to get an official confirmation earlier though.
    It sort of feels like D3Go moved forums and are having a wild old time chatting about the game there and just didn't tell us...
    I mean, to be fair, the only time they've ever commented on the composition of the 5*s in the Legendary tokens is when they initially set up the "Latest" rotation, and that one time that the 5* entered the tokens "late."  Star Lord entered the three latest on a Thursday, rather than a Monday - we all said "what gives" and they told us, "Oh, we put them in the tokens two weeks after the store closes, not two weeks after that Monday."

Well, there was that other time recently when Monday was a holiday in Massachusetts.  But the point is - these two other times came after the tokens shifted.  They've never given us advanced notice. Never.
  • bluewolf
    GrimSkald said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    bluewolf said:
    I feel like we have eliminated all other possibilities.....

It would have been nice to get an official confirmation earlier though.
    It sort of feels like D3Go moved forums and are having a wild old time chatting about the game there and just didn't tell us...
    I mean, to be fair, the only time they've ever commented on the composition of the 5*s in the Legendary tokens is when they initially set up the "Latest" rotation, and that one time that the 5* entered the tokens "late."  Star Lord entered the three latest on a Thursday, rather than a Monday - we all said "what gives" and they told us, "Oh, we put them in the tokens two weeks after the store closes, not two weeks after that Monday."

Well, there was that other time recently when Monday was a holiday in Massachusetts.  But the point is - these two other times came after the tokens shifted.  They've never given us advanced notice. Never.
    But in all that time, they ALSO released every single 5 in the same way in terms of a CP store opening as the main way to pursue them.  (With Doc Ock and Thor being a bit weird with no alliance event.)

Obviously the Professor was not released using the same method and some comment would have been appreciated since it was not business as usual.

But whatever.  We're all still here, I guess. 
  • jp1
    bluewolf said:
    I'm not convinced anyone really needs a last Rescue.... I can't imagine using her for more than a "how will this go?" match once she fades into the Classic pool.

So you'll mostly end up using her as an Essential in a year, then in a year and a quarter, then another year and a half....

I'm personally more than happy to end with a 2/5/5, but saved covers are annoying, I agree, given the rate of feeders being added to the game.  Could be years before Rescue gets one.
    I kind of like her with Gritty. Red hits hard, Yellow can switch you to defense and healing. Not as good as Hela for a third, but not nearly as bad as I’ve seen her rated by others.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    bluewolf said:

I kind of like her with Gritty. Red hits hard, Yellow can switch you to defense and healing. Not as good as Hela for a third, but not nearly as bad as I’ve seen her rated by others.
    Oh yeah, she's not awful, but she's far from the best, or even worth fielding when you have other options.

On the bright side, if you have her nearly done there are always feeders, even if they've gone completely erratic on them.
  • jp1
    It might be worth noting that until they changed the release pattern up, I have been able to cover (usually with some extra levels) every five that has entered latest since I’ve been a 5* player. Rescue will be my first to leave without full coverage.

I’m hoping it’s just an RNG thing, but it’s going to be really annoying if I have to start relying on BH or HFH to finish 5s, especially since I can barely remember my last 5 BH.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Prof X in LTs.  Good luck!
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Pulled 33 LTs.  2 Ice, 1 X, 1 Storm.  No BH.  4 5*s is about right on the nose for 33 pulls.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Got a Prof$ after only three pulls. Back to hoarding. Good luck everyone. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled 12 and zero 5*.  :s
  • Monsoon3
    Monsoon3 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Cracked open my small hoard. Was extremely happy with what I pulled. 48 total pulls (after all rewards were claimed). Ended up with 13 5* (four Prof X, seven Iceman, two Storm) filling in all missing colors as well. Was able to champ off two 4* too. Only one BH cover for Juggernaut. 27% pull rate is outstanding. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    GrimSkald said:
    jp1 said:
    bluewolf said:
    I'm not convinced anyone really needs a last Rescue.... I can't 
    Oh yeah, she's not awful, but she's far from the best, or even worth fielding when you have other options.
    As a transitioner with only Ghost Rider: Robbie Reyes and God Emperor Doom champed, the rub is that I do not have other options. I do have a functional Okoye at 6/4/1, and Rescue's red slays with Wakanda Forever! only costing 6ap and hitting 1-3 times each. So she's no Gladiathor, but also any port in a storm, right? As for feeders, I have a 5/2/6, so it'll need to be somebody I'm at nearly lvl 300 on to help me quickly. I'm eyeing Hulkbuster or Riri I guess (290/281).

Speaking of 5torm, she is already at 2/4/6 on my roster, so i'm confident those last 2 covers will show up before she leaves latest at least. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Ok I had 10 ll tokens and about 400 cp.

First pull was miles with bonus jugg. Sweet!
    2nd pull 5* ice with bonus ice.

I expect the rest to be mediocre.

8th pull was prof. 10th was a storm. Got one more iceman out of the 400 cp but no other 5's. Champ rewards got me 5 more pulls which got me a champ reward 5* kingpin.
  • bluewolf
    jp1 said:
    It might be worth noting that until they changed the release pattern up, I have been able to cover (usually with some extra levels) every five that has entered latest since I’ve been a 5* player. Rescue will be my first to leave without full coverage.

I’m hoping it’s just an RNG thing, but it’s going to be really annoying if I have to start relying on BH or HFH to finish 5s, especially since I can barely remember my last 5 BH.
    Rescue was not the first 14-weeker in Latest, but that certainly didn't help people who wanted to finish her.

Basically every other 5 has 14 weeks in Latests, the others have 16 weeks now.  Most of the time.

We'll see how Prof $ impacts things, it may be that Storm and Iceman get a little longer because they waited a week for his CP store.
  • jp1
    Yeah, to be totally fair I did get 14 covers as well, so with better luck on distribution she would have been finished. I also finished Storm with 2 in the bank when I get the ISO. Still GED, Hela, Kitty, Cable, Loki, and Danver5 all had at minimum 5 additional levels before leaving latest...and that was pull as I go. With GED seeing the most covers at 474. 

The rest of my fives were finished up with champ rewards and BHs. 

I can’t remember if Wa5p was during the time I had 5 champs or not, but she had the same issue as Rescue, 2 extra on black for her. I just don’t really care if she gets covered or not. 

Using Rescue in this event I like her even more. Being able to flip enemy specials, switch from heavy offense to heavy defense, and heal the team are all quite nice. The cheap red nuke is fun. I would put her above Cable, Loki, and Danver5 for sure. I will probably use her just about as often as Bolt if I can get her champed.
  • Whispered23
    Whispered23 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    From reading the information provided, the next 5 star will arrive in less than 3 weeks? I'm debating whether to pull now with this current trio or wait to see what will replace Storm.

Thoughts? I've been saving for months  B)