So when does Professor X rotate into Latests?

Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
I’ve seen a lot of people here and on Line say they are unsure when Professor X will enter Latest Legends. Since his release was “something new” we don’t quite know what to expect as we have no precedent.  Hoping he enters sooner rather than later, but I know others who hope they have extra time to finish Rescue (I know, I know). As always, any official communication would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    My rescue is 2/5/5 as of yesterday, so I'm ready whenever the Professor is.  I honestly don't care right now if I pull any more covers for her; maybe she'll get a feeder eventually.  

My guess is 9/9, (two weeks after the HL store closed), but an official response would be greatly appreciated.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m still 3 covers short of rescue. I got Storm covered today though, so if I start pulling more Bobby and Rescue stays at 10 I won’t be heart broken.

The pacing for these releases is getting to be tough to keep up with.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a very good question.  We once got "official" word that a 5* enters Latest two weeks after their Special Store closes - this happened when Star Lord's store closed on Thursday rather than Monday (they ran it a few extra days because of a special event.)  Star Lord entered Latest two weeks later on a Thursday, so people were wondering why.
    The big question -- is Professor X's "Special Store" the "heroic" event token store where there was a tiny chance of pulling him, or was it the Legendary Event Store than ran concurrent with "X-Men vs Apocalypse" as usual.  Are they still going to hold to "store closes" or just do it on Monday as they almost always do?
    At this point I consider it most likely the "Legendary" store will determine when he enters Latest - so that will be a week from this upcoming Monday.  But it's also possible that he'll enter the store on Monday, or even Thursday or Friday of next week.
  • Daredevil217
    GrimSkald said:
    This is a very good question.  We once got "official" word that a 5* enters Latest two weeks after their Special Store closes - this happened when Star Lord's store closed on Thursday rather than Monday (they ran it a few extra days because of a special event.)  Star Lord entered Latest two weeks later on a Thursday, so people were wondering why.
    The big question -- is Professor X's "Special Store" the "heroic" event token store where there was a tiny chance of pulling him, or was it the Legendary Event Store than ran concurrent with "X-Men vs Apocalypse" as usual.  Are they still going to hold to "store closes" or just do it on Monday as they almost always do?
    At this point I consider it most likely the "Legendary" store will determine when he enters Latest - so that will be a week from this upcoming Monday.  But it's also possible that he'll enter the store on Monday, or even Thursday or Friday of next week.
    Great post. This really should have been announced in his release thread. I think it is important to inform consumers of ALL the ways you can get him. At first his thread JUST mentioned the heroic store (outrage!). Then it was later updated with details on an upcoming CP store.m

@Brigby, would it be possible for you to let us know when he rotates into Latests officially? I feel this is a pretty low-level ask in terms of communication and something that would be helpful to a lot of players. Thanks!
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Sadly, my Rescue has reached level 475 due to my lack of self control to hold off until she exited to make room for Chuck's Big Head. My Iceman and Storm remain unchamped too. I need help from a hoarding support group...
  • bluewolf
    This is slightly pedantic, but one of the days I guarantee he won't enter tokens - a manual process at the developers - is Monday 9/2/19, as it is Labor Day and an US Holiday.  Could be 9/3 though.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Labor day = holiday. Ironic
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    DANG, forgot about Labor Day! So, at the earliest, we'll see new Chuck in packs next Tuesday
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Sadly, my Rescue has reached level 475 due to my lack of self control to hold off until she exited to make room for Chuck's Big Head. My Iceman and Storm remain unchamped too. I need help from a hoarding support group...
    I had the same problem with captain marvel, although not 475 bad. I've been hoarding pretty steadily since Hela left, there's a certain sense of trepidation and excitement and accomplishment as you watch your hoarding grow. Think like a gold hoarding dragon, think about how good it will feel to watch how many potential pulls you can do grow. It's a great feeling. 
  • Daredevil217
    Is the 5* rotation ever announced ahead of time in like the sneak peek or release notes? I can’t remember. Or will he just be there one day with no heads up?
  • bluewolf
    There is never an official announcement about the rotation, or it has been very rarely announced, if so, via a Brigby comment.

One morning soon we will get our answer, I guess, when it happens.
  • Daredevil217
    Looks like we have another week of Rescue ahead of us. Yuck. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like we have another week of Rescue ahead of us. Yuck. 
    I'd say there's a very small chance that they'll change the tokens on Thursday (the store that first had Professor X closed on a Thursday, rather than a Monday,) but it's almost certainly going to be a week from today.
    I know that more time to hoard tokens is objectively better, but I'm feeling impatient too...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Prof X today, right?
  • bluewolf
    I feel like we have eliminated all other possibilities.....

It would have been nice to get an official confirmation earlier though.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I feel like we have eliminated all other possibilities.....

It would have been nice to get an official confirmation earlier though.
    It sort of feels like D3Go moved forums and are having a wild old time chatting about the game there and just didn't tell us...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it’s today, I defintely won’t get that last Rescue I need, but I guess that’s ok lol. Onward and upward!