Are Supports Over?

Friarbundy
Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
Been a while since a new support was released.  Are supports over and, if so, how about making Red ISO for exchangeable regular ISO?  Seems like a waste otherwise.

Comments

• JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Over? I hope so.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please bring back the 250cp bundle with guaranteed R4 supports. I miss them.  <3
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whoa now. I’m at 221,758 riso which is almost enough to take my Rank 5 Blackbird from 200 to 250.

Or I can use 172,881 to take my Rank 4 Cull Obsidian from 151 to 200 and delay getting my first one to 250.

I still have a need for riso.....although I should be done with both in about 3 weeks. Then I’m not quite sure whether to use it on a low rank Support, or save it for a lucky pull sometime. 

The point about no new Supports since April is well made, however. I guess we were lucky they rotated them last month?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got 4.4 million Riso and have yet to spend any of it.  Was waiting for my first 5*.  I'm still waiting.  I only have three 4*s and two of those are the newer one than don't have any 4* perks.

Supports were DOA.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    pheregas said:
    I've got 4.4 million Riso and have yet to spend any of it.  Was waiting for my first 5*.  I'm still waiting. 
    Isn't that like waiting for your first 5* cover before you spend any ISO on other characters?

You know you don't lose progress (RISO invested) if you level up your 4* support and later draw the 5* version. So why wouldn't you level up the supports you can actually get value from (there are quite a few that are quite useful for PvE / Crash)?

KGB
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    I believe the development team was tied up for the past several months with the new version of the game (that was just released). There was poor engagement with the support circuit, and they aren't really sure how to make supports a thing that happens. 
  • MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Setting support circuit to run concurrently with regular PVE was asking too much.  If it started on the last day of a boss event, only ran 48 hour subs, or off season, any of the slower times, would make it better.  Or they could reduce the time commitment, making the event itself a 48 hour or even 72 hour sub type event.  Something to avoid MPQ overload.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    We can only hope they have given up on them. There are more important things to worry about. 
  • nippy
    nippy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2019
    was a dumbest idea ever... costumes idea is right up there too...   Should spent the time putting 6* out like their competition... and SCL 10.  but I know, coming soon...
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    pheregas said:
    I've got 4.4 million Riso and have yet to spend any of it.  Was waiting for my first 5*.  I'm still waiting. 
    Isn't that like waiting for your first 5* cover before you spend any ISO on other characters?

You know you don't lose progress (RISO invested) if you level up your 4* support and later draw the 5* version. So why wouldn't you level up the supports you can actually get value from (there are quite a few that are quite useful for PvE / Crash)?

KGB
    Because whether I dump all my iso into my **** supports or all of it, almost none of them are equipped to any of my characters, so why bother.  I choose lack of engagement to show my dissatisfaction.  They know how many supports I have equipped.  They know how much Riso I've spent.  They know how much is just sitting there unused.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I like the idea of supports, but in terms of being things for players to collect, they're so ridiculous that I can't be bothered.  I get new 5* covers more often than I get non-duplicate supports.  In fact, I can't remember getting a new support that wasn't an event login freebie.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Obviously the value you get from Supports is dependent on what you have pulled.

Some of my best ones:

Atlantis Rank 3 - 53% chance at 5 green AP at battle start
    Cull Obsidian Rank 4 - 61% chance at 3 green AP at battle start

Put those two on Thor and a villain together (often Sabretooth on waves) and you're using Thor's AOE fast.

Lucky Rank 4 - for the 1.2 increase in crit multipliers, used mostly on Hero 5E's.  Run with Thor and Chavez and you're doing 21K match dmg with a champed 5E.

Quantum Realm Rank 4 - for the 59% chance at 5 purple AP on Chavez to quickly get crits out.

Royal Talon Fighter Rank 4 on Okoye for use in 5E's mostly, for lots of reasons.

Chewie Rank 2 on Kitty for making attack tiles 29% of the time on a match.

Chimichanga Rank 3 on Rocket to fortify specials.

Maybe all that doesn't matter if you are just running Thanos all the time, but I hate him and almost never use him and still place pretty high.  

I also have a few others I toss onto essentials depending on who it is.

The other thing is they do provide benefits for a lot of newer players to paper over missing covers on Crashes, or in PVE clears, etc.

Juggernaut will benefit from the right Supports as well, and speed up PVE that way.

I like them and they give me something to play with, to prepare for the next PVE, etc.  But I'm not sure what they are planning next, if anything.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I just need more Riso to max level my supports. Sad that they cut back some on making it available before I had chance to do so. I use them often in PVE and hook the essential characters with them every time. I like the ones that boost critical multipliers and the ones that can generate green AP from start 
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    They're over with me, bruther. I just got a two star Arc Reactor today. Once I have all the non-Infinity Gems supports maxed, then I'll hope they get a move on with an update. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guys I just used a support today - my 2/2/2 Talos was Juuuuuuuuuust able to squeeze out a victory over Danver5 using a lvl 200 Corvus Glaive support, I'm sure strictly due to the purple match damage boost and extra 1800 or so health. I'm not gonna chase them, but if they show up I'm going to use them.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Putting in an amount of effort to get my first Infinity Gem this last season, and then realizing I have no really useful character to assign it to was a weird moment in my gaming.