Known Issue: Amazon Technical Issues on R185 *Updated (8/23/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Update: We have resolved the issue and expect for the fix to go live by end of day tomorrow (August 24), if not hopefully sooner.
-----
Hi Everyone,

We recently became aware of technical issues being experienced in R185 on all Amazon devices. In order to quickly resolve this issue, this unfortunately means that Amazon players will be unable to play the game during this period of time. This issue does not affect Android or iOS users though, so if you have a device that utilizes any of those operating systems, then you are able to play on that in the meantime.

In addition, players can rest assured that this issue does not affect their account data nor progress. Once we resolve this issue, and players download a new build, they will be able to resume play on their account per usual.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, and thank you all for your patience. Once this issue is resolved, we will be sure to update this post.

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Just played on my son's (old) Kindle account. He had no issues at all.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did you update it to 185? I don't see any notes for R185. The latest is R184.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    In my experience, Amazon has always gotten updates much later than everyone else.

I have absolutely no idea when R185 goes live, when it will go live on Amazon (which again, doesn't seem to ever match the date for everyone else), or how long "this period of time" will last. Till the next patch? Until a hotfix can be developed and deployed? What?

This kinda feels like when your GPS tells you that you're going to need to make a left turn, but doesn't tell you the distance, or the street, or which lane you need to be in to be prepared for subsequent turns. I'm ready, I'm prepared, I appreciate the heads up, but I'm somehow more lost than I was before I saw this post.

Here's hoping it doesn't last too long. I hate playing on a tiny little phone screen.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Just played on my son's (old) Kindle account. He had no issues at all.
    Did you update it to 185? I don't see any notes for R185. The latest is R184.
    Probably not. His auto-updates so I don't keep track.
    Based on the "We became aware" comment, I assumed it was out to the masses already.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby can you say what the technical issue is? I'm wondering if it's related to the bug in R184 for Amazon users where the game would crash whenever you got a notification from MPQ.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    When will this be fixed? Still down.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    R185 is alive.
  • bowla33
    Still dead here.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Update: We have resolved the issue and expect for the fix to go live by end of day tomorrow (August 24), if not hopefully sooner.
    shardwick said:
    Brigby can you say what the technical issue is? I'm wondering if it's related to the bug in R184 for Amazon users where the game would crash whenever you got a notification from MPQ.
    Long story short, when all Amazon players logged into the game, they would've found a brand new account, because the game was pointing in the wrong place to find all players' data.
  • bowla33
    I also can't connect on wifi - but my wifi works for everything else
  • bowla33
    In game chat also appears to be broken. This release is hot garbage.
  • shardwick
    Brigby said:
    shardwick said:
    Brigby can you say what the technical issue is? I'm wondering if it's related to the bug in R184 for Amazon users where the game would crash whenever you got a notification from MPQ.
    Long story short, when all Amazon players logged into the game, they would've found a brand new account, because the game was pointing in the wrong place to find all players' data.
    Would have ditched immersive mode for new account mode then. I tried starting over once, it was a pain.
  • shardwick
    bowla33 said:
    In game chat also appears to be broken. This release is hot garbage.
    Yeah, in-game chat isn't working for me.
  • bowla33
    Any update? still issues. 
  • Scuzoid
    Scuzoid Posts: 11 Just Dropped In

185.494822 No in game alliance chat here either. Just a blank screen with my "Uhm, is chat broken for anyone else?" message.
  • bowla33
    @Tombstone @Brigby anything? Not fixed at end of day on 8/24 as promised.
  • bowla33
    Bueller? Bueller? 
  • bowla33
    The Amazon update is NOT fixed - can someone provide an update?
  • Scruffyhansolo
    Scruffyhansolo Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Would like to have alliance chat back, any updates?
  • Msd
    Msd Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    The Amazon users in our alliance are playing but unable to use the chat.  When will this be resolved