Sales on Packs and Planeswalkers?

Options
Boogeyman
Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
The sales used to happen every few months, now nothing?

I have been waiting since last year for the next sale on Planeswalkers and card packs.  Are there going to be any future sales? 

Comments

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Options

Whenever a set is released with new Planeswalkers they release them for sale with card packs. Tamiyo was the only one to my memory that didn't follow that suit. I have never seen a planeswalker bundle for sale on older planeswalkers, if that is what you are hoping for. Just new ones to stir up sales and excitement for the upcoming set.

Kaya, Gideon 4, B3, and Lilliana's latest variation were all available for sale with card bundles in the past few months

• Shadowslayer
    Shadowslayer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

Whenever a set is released with new Planeswalkers they release them for sale with card packs. Tamiyo was the only one to my memory that didn't follow that suit. I have never seen a planeswalker bundle for sale on older planeswalkers, if that is what you are hoping for. Just new ones to stir up sales and excitement for the upcoming set.

Kaya, Gideon 4, B3, and Lilliana's latest variation were all available for sale with card bundles in the past few months

I think the 'sale' op is referring to is when they go on sale for less crystals in the vault. Not just for cash. 
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I only remember the once in the last year... which I think was around Christmas?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, the only times Walkers are on sale for cheaper crystals is Christmas and maybe one other holiday sometimes.

Otherwise you've got to pay full price.
  • Boogeyman
    Options
    I think the 'sale' op is referring to is when they go on sale for less crystals in the vault. Not just for cash. 
    Correct.  I remember seeing all the planeswalkers come into the queue and I knew a sale would be within the next week or so.  Card packs would also be discounted by 20% in gold, if I remember. 

I hope it has just been an oversight, because I loved those sales ;)

Waiting for a specific planeswalker to rotate has also been an exercise in patience.  What is the rotation now, like two months?
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Boogeyman said:

Waiting for a specific planeswalker to rotate has also been an exercise in patience.  What is the rotation now, like two months?
    Been at least 4 since Bolas 2 has came up
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I see tons of sales -- maybe it's more of a VIP thing now?
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Yes.
  • Boogeyman
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Ouch, you gotta pay for the discounts now huh.  Arghh.  What kind of sales do you see?  Anything right now?
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Boogeyman - The value train is cheap, so fork over your lunch money and you’ll get to see what it carries this weeks. The bugs are free, everything else is not.
  • Boogeyman
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    @Boogeyman - The value train is cheap, so fork over your lunch money and you’ll get to see what it carries this weeks. The bugs are free, everything else is not.
    Oh, you are on the value train!  I am on the cheap train and it has been running off the tracks for quite some time hahaha :)
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't see PW because I own them all...

I have four deck starters, a historic bundle, four different VIP offers and Bolas, of course. The Gideon starter just rotated out and some other stuff. 

I don't pay as much attention anymore because the only way I support he game monetarily is VIP -- which I don't need, but I believe in supporting the development of the game and the $15 a month evened out to what I was spending before. This is the lazy way to do it and I like the profile art I get. 
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boogeyman said:
    Tremayne said:
    Oh, you are on the value train!  I am on the cheap train and it has been running off the tracks for quite some time hahaha :)
    No, I’m not on the VIP train. Payed for it for one month, but then they messed up the app/database, so I bailed. Luckily, I did it outside the app, in order to avoid the bugs, which have been reported during the summer.

But that month was enough to see how it works. That was not for me. No, point having VIP when you have as many cards as I do.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think we are talking about 2 different ideas here.  Yes there is a minor discount on everything available for crystals for VIP.  This is constant and doesn't add any new items (for the most part) so a discount is much better verbiage then a sale.

Last Dec there was a sale.  Planeswalkers were steeply discounted (33%? i cant remember).  A very large (or all, again cant remember) number of them available.  

Will they do it again?  No one knows.  They could decided to one again on their anniversary and I wouldn't bet on anything before that. 
  • Boogeyman
    Options
    soultwist said:

Will they do it again?  No one knows.  They could decided to one again on their anniversary and I wouldn't bet on anything before that. 
    Yes, the previous administration allowed "sales" every quarter where we could buy any planeswalker that was available and at a discount.  Waiting months to buy a particular planeswalker that hasn't rotated, seems rather extreme. 
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Boogeyman said:
    soultwist said:

Yes, the previous administration allowed "sales" every quarter where we could buy any planeswalker that was available and at a discount.  Waiting months to buy a particular planeswalker that hasn't rotated, seems rather extreme. 
    Been waiting for six months for Tezzeret 3 to rotate in. He's the last one I'm missing from anything other than the current set.
  • Boogeyman
    Options
    @Brigby
    Can you let the team know we would appreciate a time, maybe once a quarter, where all the planeswalkers are available to buy for crystals (Maybe even on sale?)?  This used to happen and it was a good thing.  
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IIRC the last PW sale happened around the holidays. I really feel like there was a black Friday type sale and then a Christmas sale where almost all the walkers were available at some level of discount. I don't think there has been any other sales besides that. 
  • Shadowslayer
    Shadowslayer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The last sale I remember was during the HoD gold rush. Which was right around Christmas of 2018. 
  • Boogeyman
    Options
    Boogeyman said:
    @Brigby
    Can you let the team know we would appreciate a time, maybe once a quarter, where all the planeswalkers are available to buy for crystals (Maybe even on sale?)?  This used to happen and it was a good thing.  
    @Brigby

Were you able to ask the question.  Do you think you can get an answer?