Small LT and Command Point hoard what would you do?

Options
Hello, I’m at a point where I’m wondering whether to keep hoarding LT and Command Points or just spend spend spend. I have just over half of my 4* champed and have most 5* with varying amounts of covers my best being Hela 4/5/2 and Dr. Strange 3/3/5. Both soft capped (if that’s the right term?) at lvl. 305

I’ve recently been spending LT and Command Points ASAP to try and cover Hela which has been pretty good but now she’s out of latest legends I’m not sure what to do.

I could really do with more Kitty Pride, Bishop and 4*Juggs covers. I don’t know whether to wait for a specific special 5* store to spend the Command points or wait for more latest legends that I’m interested in. 

I have 10 Latest Legends tokens and 232 Command Points so it’s not huge, but it’s more than I’ve hoarded before.

I feel like I’m tentatively on the very edge of 5* transition but it’ll probably be another 6 months or so realistically before I start plunging iso8 into my 5’s.

Any advice on what you guys do would be great. 

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is 4* Juggs actually in tokens yet? 
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I have no idea. Thinking about it, no, I don’t think he is.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    That will probably happen at beginning of next PvP Season so if you are hunting Juggs then might be worth hanging on to your LT's and Heroics until then.

As for CP - you could throw it at the Classic store and hope for a bonus hero 5 but they don't come around very often, I am more than a year now since I got a bonus 5.

In terms of your current 5*, whilst waiting you could depending on your 4's levels easily take them both up to at least 350 without any harmful effects in PvP for more bang for your buck. I have a 10 cover JJ, 11 cover Cable and 8 cover Thor who all live at this level without plunging me into 5* MMR purgatory.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    That will probably happen at beginning of next PvP Season so if you are hunting Juggs then might be worth hanging on to your LT's and Heroics until then.

As for CP - you could throw it at the Classic store and hope for a bonus hero 5 but they don't come around very often, I am more than a year now since I got a bonus 5.

In terms of your current 5*, whilst waiting you could depending on your 4's levels easily take them both up to at least 350 without any harmful effects in PvP for more bang for your buck. I have a 10 cover JJ, 11 cover Cable and 8 cover Thor who all live at this level without plunging me into 5* MMR purgatory.
    Top tip on levelling the 5’s I was wondering where I could take them up to without destroying my roster my JJ, Black Bolt, Green Goblin and Hulk (!) all have 8 covers with my top 4* being lvl. 297. So that could well be doable. 
  • Zombionicdoom
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    You need far, far more than 10 LTs and 10 Latest pulls (in CP) to realistically go for a set of Latest 3's.  Not sure if that's your goal or not.

First thing I'd do is track your LT/CP income over 1-2 weeks and see if you average 3 pulls a day.  It not, hoard a lot more.  If so, you could go for Latests and start pulling exclusively in there.  BUT!

Stop pulling Latests for now, at least until Rescue leaves (should be 9/9 by my estimate).  You probably should skip any more covers for Storm too since she needs either Gambit or Bolt to work, barring some new person coming after Prof$ that passively makes charged tiles.  Without that partner she'll be pretty much worthless to you.

If you care to try your luck for more Strange covers, the Prof$ store has Strange and Banner, which is like telling you you have a chance to get a delicious cookie or a rotten pear for dessert, but you might still try it since your hoard is small and it won't matter much.  It's probably worth considering since it could be a very long time before you see advantageous rates for Dr Strange again (could be 2 years).

Here's my estimate on future stores:

8/22 Higher Learning with Prof/Banner/Strange
    9/9 Latest with Storm/Iceman/Prof$.  (could be earlier, but this is our best guess)
    9/26  A New 5 enters - who knows who?  Will they be the next Iceman or the next Rescue?
    10/14 The new 5 enters Latests to join Iceman and Prof$.

Sometime in early October, there should be a "Fan Favorite" CP store with 3 unknown 5's, and they will not (based on past experience) be meta but may be very good.

Finally, the special stores seem to have been either abandoned or put on hiatus, other than the new release stores and the presumed Fan Favorite store which has been an Anniversary tradition for a couple years now.

The Professor and Iceman both seem very good and I am tempted to say you should chase as many covers for them as you can.
    Very interesting, I already have 3 Storm covers that I could run with my Black Bolt if I was super lucky. Saying that I only need two covers for my Dr. Strange, currently 3/3/5 so it would be great to finish him off if I was lucky.

I haven’t spent any LT or CP since Hela left. Do we know when that was? That way I can figure out what my LT/CP pulls are like.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hela left 8/5/19 as Iceman entered. 
  • Zombionicdoom
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Cool, thanks bluewolf. So on average I pull 1 x LT and 23 CP a day. I’m not sure what this actually means in terms of progression. I don’t tend to play PVP until a week before the season finishes and then I hit it hard to reach the Heroic 10-pack at 4000 points and finish higher in the rankings as it’s usually flipped enough times. 

Maybe I should be hitting PVP more consistently throughout the season to hit the 10 x CP progression at 575 points for each round?? 
  • bluewolf
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Cool, thanks bluewolf. So on average I pull 1 x LT and 23 CP a day. I’m not sure what this actually means in terms of progression. I don’t tend to play PVP until a week before the season finishes and then I hit it hard to reach the Heroic 10-pack at 4000 points and finish higher in the rankings as it’s usually flipped enough times. 

Maybe I should be hitting PVP more consistently throughout the season to hit the 10 x CP progression at 575 points for each round?? 
    Yes, definitely.

The rewards you get from placement (mostly Heroic 10 packs) are not making up for all the CP you are leaving on the table, IMO.
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Agree on PVP 575 rewards. That’s an extra 20-30 CP/week that’s attainable with minimal time investment. This adds up if you’re in for the long haul, and it sounds like you are. 
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    bluewolf said:

Yes, definitely.

The rewards you get from placement (mostly Heroic 10 packs) are not making up for all the CP you are leaving on the table, IMO.
    Unless you're like me and you burn out when you try to grind PVP.

Iceman and Prof X and Storm are all good characters, but you have almost no chance of covering storm at this point, even if you max progression on every PVE. I'd recommend (like others have) waiting until Storm is out of latest legends, and then going full in, if you can build up to 50+ pulls when the next LL enters, you may have a good chance of covering all three (Ice + X + ?). Chasing is a fun way to get into 5* land. When you're doing it, I'd set you BH for the characters you are trying to max cover out of the current LL pool, not a legacy 5*.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Options
    Thank you for all of the great advice in this thread!

I’m going to save all my LT and probably CP until the next 5* is released. I’ll take my useable 5’s up to lvl. 350 and start playing PvP as a matter of course.

The only other question I have now is about Meta characters. Is it just that they are super good and you need them to compete at the top level? And is there a thread detailing who they are?

Thanks again everyone.
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2019
    Options
    The only other question I have now is about Meta characters. Is it just that they are super good and you need them to compete at the top level? And is there a thread detailing who they are?
    This depends on what you mean by "compete". If you are looking for T10 placement in PVP then it will be very, very challenging for you to compete without top end characters. If you are just looking for the 575 10CP reward or even the 900 point 4* cover, you can certainly get there without the "top" characters, they just make it easier to do so.

The good news is if you keep your 5* at 350 or below, champed 4* will serve you very well (especially when boosted). The 4* realm is really diverse and it is much more about effective combos than single meta characters. Even without meta characters, a group of really synergized 4* will be competitive. With over half those champed on your roster you should be in a good spot as usually a good one will be boosted on any given week. That said, I would wait to champ a 5* until I had a combination of them that was effective since once you do the teams you face scale very quickly.

For PvE, meta characters make your clears much faster and so it will be hard to do T10 placement without them, but being strategic about slice times and efficient with clears will usually net me T30 or so even when I don't have all the "best" characters champed.

Note, this is just my experience from ~600 days of playtime in the current environment.
  • BigND2k14
    BigND2k14 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Sometime in early October, there should be a "Fan Favorite" CP store with 3 unknown 5's, and they will not (based on past experience) be meta but may be very good.

Finally, the special stores seem to have been either abandoned or put on hiatus, other than the new release stores and the presumed Fan Favorite store which has been an Anniversary tradition for a couple years now.
    So you think there is no chance for meta chars to be in Fan Favorite store? Tbh i was really hoping to finish or at least to build up all or some of them from that store. When the best store of all times :-) opened i had too few cp to get full meta teams. Right now i have Kitty 2/5/2, works in pve except 5E node, but not in pvp. Thor is 5/0/0 (sic!) battery part works like a charm, but hp and damage are too low. And Okoye just 2/1/1 is not usable in any way.
    I would be thankful if you share your opinion on how to complete meta heroes nowadays. With abscence of cp stores and too many 5s it's almost impossible to get specific covers from classic store. What should i do? I'm thinking of spending all saved LLTs but not cp on Latest Legends when the 5* after Prof gets there. I will get about 150 LLTs by 10/14. Not enough to fully cover Iceman or Prof, but at least i will get some covers for the best 5s of this year. As for cp i tend to continue to save them up. Who knows maybe they will give us cp stores with meta chars back, or even introduce a 6* :-)
    Well, bluewolf, what do you think? See any flaws in my plan? Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!
  • Zombionicdoom
    Options
    AndiTi said:
    This depends on what you mean by "compete". If you are looking for T10 placement in PVP then it will be very, very challenging for you to compete without top end characters. If you are just looking for the 575 10CP reward or even the 900 point 4* cover, you can certainly get there without the "top" characters, they just make it easier to do so.

The good news is if you keep your 5* at 350 or below, champed 4* will serve you very well (especially when boosted). The 4* realm is really diverse and it is much more about effective combos than single meta characters. Even without meta characters, a group of really synergized 4* will be competitive. With over half those champed on your roster you should be in a good spot as usually a good one will be boosted on any given week. That said, I would wait to champ a 5* until I had a combination of them that was effective since once you do the teams you face scale very quickly.

For PvE, meta characters make your clears much faster and so it will be hard to do T10 placement without them, but being strategic about slice times and efficient with clears will usually net me T30 or so even when I don't have all the "best" characters champed.

Note, this is just my experience from ~600 days of playtime in the current environment.
    To be honest I’m pretty happy competing at Lvl. 7 for the moment. I try and do six clears of each round on PVE but never really at optimal times and I usually end up t50 as I’m in it more for the progression awards. And I’m going to start hitting each PVP for the 10CP progression from here on in. 

I’m 1500 days in, so I think in all after all the great advice in this thread I feel like I’m where I should be. I’m going to start hoarding LT and CP though to wait for the 5* characters I really like the look of and try and get them as useable as possible to integrate with my 4*. I’m also getting to the stage now where I’m building a 3* farm so at least I can use those guys to feed my 4’s and earn some 5’s as progression. 
  • bluewolf
    Options
    BigND2k14 said:
    bluewolf said:

So you think there is no chance for meta chars to be in Fan Favorite store? Tbh i was really hoping to finish or at least to build up all or some of them from that store. When the best store of all times :-) opened i had too few cp to get full meta teams. Right now i have Kitty 2/5/2, works in pve except 5E node, but not in pvp. Thor is 5/0/0 (sic!) battery part works like a charm, but hp and damage are too low. And Okoye just 2/1/1 is not usable in any way.
    I would be thankful if you share your opinion on how to complete meta heroes nowadays. With abscence of cp stores and too many 5s it's almost impossible to get specific covers from classic store. What should i do? I'm thinking of spending all saved LLTs but not cp on Latest Legends when the 5* after Prof gets there. I will get about 150 LLTs by 10/14. Not enough to fully cover Iceman or Prof, but at least i will get some covers for the best 5s of this year. As for cp i tend to continue to save them up. Who knows maybe they will give us cp stores with meta chars back, or even introduce a 6* :-)
    Well, bluewolf, what do you think? See any flaws in my plan? Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!
    Usually they have a survey prior to Anniversary asking people who their favorite characters are.  That seems to drive the FF selection to some degree.  Last year's was Dr. Strange, Jessica Jones and OML.

The fact is that the game is a business and one way they (I assume) hope to make money is by keeping the most desired things harder to get.  Everyone wants 4RG, and everyone wants 3RG to feed them, but the devs know that it's better for business to make 4RG something you need to chase from bonus heroes than from simply bonusing 3RG since you tend to get a fairly large amount of bonus 3's.

So....I am not convinced that the characters in the FF store were actually the most-mentioned favorite characters; however, there are a LOT of players who are nowhere near the meta and a lot of them may select characters that help them most at their level of play, or are fun to use.  There's really no way to know who will show up.  Ex:  Kitty is extremely useful and meta, but a LOT of 4 players are fed up with her being everywhere in PVP and for that reason may very intentionally NOT pick her as their favorite 5.

The frequent CP stores seems to have been a first-half-of-2019 thing and I think it's impossible to predict when or if another one will show up or who will be in one if it does.

To complete meta 5s?  You obviously have very few options or avenues to do so in anything like a fast manner.  Again because the devs have a vested interest in making finishing 5's very hard to do, especially as long as they remain the top tier of the game and most desirable prize (I don't see that changing for a very long time, if ever).

Honestly there's little predicting things at the moment.

IF there are no or very few CP stores, it will take something like 2 years to run through all the 5's now in a new release store.

Obviously you should be chasing the feeders for Thor or Okoye, whoever is closer.

Bonus heroes are very few and far between but can sometimes pay off.

I would definitely spend all your LTs on the Iceman/Prof $ store but am really unsure that Storm is worth covering if your Bolt isn't getting close to finished.  I sort of think that Iceman and 5BuckChuck might be close enough to meta that you could chase them fully and the question might be whether you do Storm

What are the covers on your Thor?  Okoye?  Kitty?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    bluewolf said:

Yes, definitely.

Iceman and Prof X and Storm are all good characters, but you have almost no chance of covering storm at this point, even if you max progression on every PVE. I'd recommend (like others have) waiting until Storm is out of latest legends, and then going full in, if you can build up to 50+ pulls when the next LL enters, you may have a good chance of covering all three (Ice + X + ?). Chasing is a fun way to get into 5* land. When you're doing it, I'd set you BH for the characters you are trying to max cover out of the current LL pool, not a legacy 5*.

It's not a huge grind if you can get the seed teams in a pvp when it starts. I usually get most of the ten seed teams and then just need another six wins over the course of the event to get the 10 cp. Now if you were going for the 15 cp at 75 wins that would be a grind.
  • BigND2k14
    BigND2k14 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bluewolf said: 
    What are the covers on your Thor?  Okoye?  Kitty?
    Well, the future you draw is not bright at all. As i sad before my Kitty is 2/5/2, Thor 5/0/0 and Okoye is 2/1/1. Thor and Okoye already got their first covers from feeders, so to get next ones i need 40 4* BHs and thats about 800 pulls, thus unrealistic. :-)
    Also i have JJ just champed and play her with Thor as a battery in pvp, and Gritty in pve. Gritty is powerful enough to clear all nodes except 5E node with no problems generally. Nodes with 2+ movers are easily cleared with JJ+Thor (+Chaves).
    The thing is that the real improvement to my roster would be champed metaheroes: Kitty, Okoye and Thor, especialy Okoye for pvp. Any other undermetas like Prof or Iceman will do almost nothing. And i will not be able to champ them while they're still in LL. With 9-11 covers they will be even less useful. :(
    That seems really unfair, that people who had enough cp could champ all metaheroes at once from that (in)famous cp store. Hope the devs will give the rest of us another chance.
    So i guess for cp i have just one option: save and wait for metaheroes to appear in special or newchar's cp stores. As for LL tokens i am not sure that to burn them all (about 150 by 10/14) on Iceman and Prof will be the best decision. Maybe i should save them untll i can fully cover all three latest legends in one go? 
    What do you think?

Thanks!
  • bluewolf
    Options
    I think I'd still assess how things look with Iceman and the Professor as Iceman gets close to leaving.  We haven't had many good 5's lately and these two are at the upper end in terms of recent ones.

But if you aren't going to get there, I guess hoarding until you can be more sure is the better option.
  • Zombionicdoom
    Options
    shardwick said:
    bluewolf said:
    bluewolf said:

Yes, definitely.

It's not a huge grind if you can get the seed teams in a pvp when it starts. I usually get most of the ten seed teams and then just need another six wins over the course of the event to get the 10 cp. Now if you were going for the 15 cp at 75 wins that would be a grind.
    So can you get up to 10 x seed teams when a PvP event begins? I’ve only ever had 3 at maximum.

BTW I’m now at 22 x LLT and 529CP so I’m looking forward to the next latest legends flip to see what I draw.