Legendary Resupply Bundle (8/13/19)

Options
2»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    grenadier said:
    Anyone else tired of being expected to pony up for this sort of thing?  Wouldn't you rather pay $20-$30, even $60 for a game and be done with it like we used to do?  They're not  adding SO much content to this game to justify these kinds of charges.  Same goes for all other F2P games.

I like the game, and have put money into it in the past.  But what they're expecting people to shell out for this sort of package or the costumes is really nuts.
    Think the game's at the point now where they're trying to get as much out of the remaining players as possible before it eventually gets shuttered.
    To me the fact that they made a new game engine is pretty good evidence they are in it for the long haul.  That couldn't have been cheap and is behind the scenes for the most part.
    On the one hand I agree. I do appreciate that I can mostly get through screens faster and am glad they did the work. 

One thing that not everyone knows, perhaps, is that Demiurge (owned by SEGA) is also the developer of Sega Heroes, and apparently a good part of the new engine’s code came from that game. 

I am guessing the development can be more efficient when you both update from 6-7 year old tech (working on the assumption that newer tools are more streamlined and faster to work on) as well as adopt tech that you use for your other major game so that your workers are more able to be broadly trained, possibly sub in, be moved from one team to the other with less training, etc. 

Maybe I’m way off, but I can’t believe they wouldn’t have done this without some significant benefits for them as well as the players.  And that probably cut their costs so that helps them be more profitable. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    grenadier said:
    Anyone else tired of being expected to pony up for this sort of thing?  Wouldn't you rather pay $20-$30, even $60 for a game and be done with it like we used to do?  They're not  adding SO much content to this game to justify these kinds of charges.  Same goes for all other F2P games.

I like the game, and have put money into it in the past.  But what they're expecting people to shell out for this sort of package or the costumes is really nuts.
    Think the game's at the point now where they're trying to get as much out of the remaining players as possible before it eventually gets shuttered.
    To me the fact that they made a new game engine is pretty good evidence they are in it for the long haul.  That couldn't have been cheap and is behind the scenes for the most part.
    On the one hand I agree. I do appreciate that I can mostly get through screens faster and am glad they did the work. 

One thing that not everyone knows, perhaps, is that Demiurge (owned by SEGA) is also the developer of Sega Heroes, and apparently a good part of the new engine’s code came from that game. 

I am guessing the development can be more efficient when you both update from 6-7 year old tech (working on the assumption that newer tools are more streamlined and faster to work on) as well as adopt tech that you use for your other major game so that your workers are more able to be broadly trained, possibly sub in, be moved from one team to the other with less training, etc. 

Maybe I’m way off, but I can’t believe they wouldn’t have done this without some significant benefits for them as well as the players.  And that probably cut their costs so that helps them be more profitable. 
    Well don't ignore outside factors such as possibly Android/iOS etc wanted an updated game engine to keep pace with newer smart technology etc.