After playing almost every day for 5+ years, you've forced me to rate you 1-star

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
You've forced me to revised my Google Play store rating to 1-star by forcing Immersive Mode on me.

This should never have been forced on the users. We should have had the option to enable or disable it, much like we can enable or disable the game's Music, Sound, and even Animations.

I love this game, but I hate Immersive Mode being forced on me. Please give me the option to turn it off. I want my buttons back.

Comments

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    "Immersive Mode"?
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Immersive Mode"?
    It's a mode in Android that uses the whole screen for the app by pushing the system buttons and info bar into the background. You have to swipe up from the bottom of the screen or down from the top to briefly return them to view.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not trying to marginalise or downplay others views but I'm finding it quite hard to get worked up about this all that much. Swipe up, not hard.

I guess players used to the same thing for a long time will always struggle with levels of change.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    On my Samsung 8 I can also long-press where the button is hiding to obtain same result, without swiping first.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every day for 5 years, hundreds of hours, and you give it 1*?  That sounds like a fair and balanced review of the product.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Not trying to marginalise or downplay others views but I'm finding it quite hard to get worked up about this all that much. Swipe up, not hard.

I guess players used to the same thing for a long time will always struggle with levels of change.

Borstock said:
    Every day for 5 years, hundreds of hours, and you give it 1*?  That sounds like a fair and balanced review of the product.

Thats okay. I’m being “forced” to rate it 5 stars to compensate. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    I keep wanting to post a 3* review to warn people about the massive dilution problem they will face, but to be honest I have no interest in typing that out in the correct detail on my phone.  

While I may have gotten 4-5* of value out of it, new players definitively will not.

Play to the 3 tier and walk away if you're new, or face years of frustration and rostering dozens of low cover 4's and 5's you'll never finish.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    I keep wanting to post a 3* review to warn people about the massive dilution problem they will face, but to be honest I have no interest in typing that out in the correct detail on my phone.  

While I may have gotten 4-5* of value out of it, new players definitively will not.

Play to the 3 tier and walk away if you're new, or face years of frustration and rostering dozens of low cover 4's and 5's you'll never finish.
    To be fair, and I totally understand where bluewolf is coming from, I would have to say it's fun even if you can't champ/fully cover everyone. When I started out many, many, many moons ago I don't think there were many 4*'s available if any.... actually maybe x-force wolvie but to be honest it was such a long time ago i  can't remember. . So you would think I'd be close to day 2000... not quite. I stopped playing due to a personal issue and left it a few years. Picked it up again at around day 150, not entirely sure though. I'm on day 665 now and when I picked MPQ back up again there were already lots of 4*'s. 

I now have 12 4* champed. another 3 needing 1 more cover, then a whole slew of them that are not that use-able unless boosted. I can generate maybe enough CP everyday or 2 days for a classic pull. I get a 4 * from progression in pve and pvp but still I know it will take me forever and a day to champ all the 4*'s, let alone the 5 *'s. To me though, it's not just about collecting, it's finding new synergies with the ones I have and when you have that many 4*'s floating around there's a lot of combos to be had. Yeah, I may never get my Vulture off the ground, or make a team from Carnage and Medusa for a very long time but then I get to try others, like trying to get the best out of Prowler, or putting Iceman and Magik in a team which on paper shouldn't work. 

Dilution is a problem but it shouldn't stop people from finding ways to enjoy the game :) 

And yes, I'm bored at work.
  • northnorth
    northnorth Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Samsung S8 here.

I have Full screen gestures ON in the navigation bar settings and I just have to swipe up where the back button would be at the bottom of the screen to go to the previous screen in the game. 

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    Samsung S8 here.

I have Full screen gestures ON in the navigation bar settings and I just have to swipe up where the back button would be at the bottom of the screen to go to the previous screen in the game. 

This is what I've been doing to compensate for the forced removal of our back button. Because a single swipe up is easier to learn than a swipe up followed by a tap. Except this changes my phone's UI and that's partly what's lead to me changing my rating. Look, I admit it! I fething LOVE this game! If I didn't, I wouldn't still be bloody playing it after 5 years! :D This is my way of protesting Immersive Mode being forced upon us without an option for the Users to enable or disable it.

I've even looked at other Apps, such as Tasker, and Immersive Mode Manager, but I'm not convinced they will still let me do what I want, being completely disable Immersive Mode when MPQ is running so I have my Navbar and Back Button back.

Immersive Mode Manager appears to allow for this, but the description for disabling Immersive Mode says it turns off Immersive Mode but leaves it up to the foreground/current App to decide if Immersive Mode should be enabled. And given that MPQ's devs have decided Immersive Mode should be on, it seems Immersive Mode Manager will not help me. And it costs $2, which I know is not a lot, but why should I pay $2 for an App that isn't going to do what I want. A Bugle Pittance would be a better use of my $2.

Tasker seems like it might do the trick. It's $3 though. But if it works, and if it will allow me to disable Immersive Mode, that's totally worth it. I need to do some more research on Tasker before I make the plunge though.

Yes, I will happily pay $3 to no longer be subjected to Immersive Mode while playing MPQ.

But I should not have to buy a third party app to restore my phone's functionality while playing MPQ.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    DAZ0273 said:

Guessing you aren't running on Android.

It's effectively twice as many gestures as before. One swipe up followed by the back button. Which often then returns the game to immersive mode which means if you need to do another back, it's another swipe up. It also means you can't play 1 handed any more either since you (I at least on my large phone) need a 2nd hand to hold the phone while I swipe up.

It wouldn't be near as bad if they moved the back button to the bottom right (or put a 2nd one there for Android users).

All in all, there is very little positive in the new release. Sure, loading screens are a tiny bit faster but the mindless ones and other delays (like after I fire a power it takes 2 seconds before I can move gems) are still there. What happened to the promise of that speeding up? 

You know what else was a bad decision? NEW COKE. No one asked for that either and they tried to force it on the public. An outcry led to Coke Classic being introduced in addition to New Coke. All we are asking for is to allow the game to play in non-immersive mode like it did before.

JSP869 said:

Tasker seems like it might do the trick. It's $3 though. But if it works, and if it will allow me to disable Immersive Mode, that's totally worth it. I need to do some more research on Tasker before I make the plunge though.

Yes, I will happily pay $3 to no longer be subjected to Immersive Mode while playing MPQ.

But I should not have to buy a third party app to restore my phone's functionality while playing MPQ.

I've written on their forums asking if I can indeed do this with Tasker. If I can, I will gladly fork over $3 to over ride MPQ.

KGB
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Adding a back button where my thumb normally is would be the right answer here.
  • DAZ0273
    KGB said:
    DAZ0273 said:

It's effectively twice as many gestures as before. One swipe up followed by the back button. Which often then returns the game to immersive mode which means if you need to do another back, it's another swipe up. It also means you can't play 1 handed any more either since you (I at least on my large phone) need a 2nd hand to hold the phone while I swipe up.

It wouldn't be near as bad if they moved the back button to the bottom right (or put a 2nd one there for Android users).

All in all, there is very little positive in the new release. Sure, loading screens are a tiny bit faster but the mindless ones and other delays (like after I fire a power it takes 2 seconds before I can move gems) are still there. What happened to the promise of that speeding up? 

You know what else was a bad decision? NEW COKE. No one asked for that either and they tried to force it on the public. An outcry led to Coke Classic being introduced in addition to New Coke. All we are asking for is to allow the game to play in non-immersive mode like it did before.

JSP869 said:

Tasker seems like it might do the trick. It's $3 though. But if it works, and if it will allow me to disable Immersive Mode, that's totally worth it. I need to do some more research on Tasker before I make the plunge though.

Yes, I will happily pay $3 to no longer be subjected to Immersive Mode while playing MPQ.

But I should not have to buy a third party app to restore my phone's functionality while playing MPQ.

I've written on their forums asking if I can indeed do this with Tasker. If I can, I will gladly fork over $3 to over ride MPQ.

KGB
    Guessing 100% wrong.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    KGB said:
    DAZ0273 said:

JSP869 said:

KGB
    Guessing 100% wrong.

Well, I'm guessing you don't play and switch to a 3rd party chatting app (because in-game option is still super reliable), or open tokens and switch again elsewhere to keep track of your pulls, for instance.  :p
  • DAZ0273
    Kolence said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    KGB said:
    DAZ0273 said:

JSP869 said:

KGB
    Guessing 100% wrong.

Well, I'm guessing you don't play and switch to a 3rd party chatting app (because in-game option is still super reliable), or open tokens and switch again elsewhere to keep track of your pulls, for instance.  :p
    I use Line, don't track tokens, play on an Android tablet - maybe that makes the difference?

Sorry, again you are all welcome to your end of the world as we know it feelings, guess I'm facing the apocalypse with a shrug.
  • DAZ0273
    Why do you guys feel the need to make assumptions about people just because they don't necessarily line up with your experience? Seriously, what with that forum user the other week calling me "young" based upon, well, nothing!

Can't people just have different expectations/experiences without being labeled as deviants or something? Lol, bizarre.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    Why do you guys feel the need to make assumptions about people just because they don't necessarily line up with your experience? 

Are you assuming that others are making these assumptions based on the assumption that they assume you should be experiencing the same thing?  ;)