New Update

2»

Comments

• 0zfest
    0zfest Posts: 69 Match Maker
    The Android-specific system buttons are no longer displayed in-game. You have to swipe up from the bottom of the screen for them to display. It's the Android immersive mode.
    Thanks for the info MegaBee !
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh ok, I wonder if that was dictated by the platform holder (android) as a change? I haven't seen any changes to the iOS user flow at all.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    0zfest said:
    Borstock said:
    The game runs faster and looks better on my outdated Android. In fact, it runs so much better that I've inadvertently backed out of the game once or twice because I was used to clicking a bunch of times to try to get through various menu screens as fast as possible. It moved so quickly when I did it after the update that it registered every click and sent me all the way to my phone's home screen.
    the problem I have with this is the way to scroll through the "in game menus" is at the bottom of the play screen and the button to take you out of the game is on the top of the screen
    nice try ...
    crash and burn
    Um, it's called a back button. When I press it while in a store or a particular event window, it scrolls out of it. When I press it while at the main screen, it closes the app and returns me to my phone's home screen.

So, no crash and burn. It's just how my phone works.
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    I play on the steam version and did the update through steam. I haven't noticed any difference at all in the game.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I noticed that if you champ a character with a lot of saved covers, the covers are applied quite slowly. It used to be you could tap the screen or click to speed it up, but that no longer seems to work.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    0zfest said:
    something wrong with my device I can kinda accept
    something wrong with my eyes ... time is my only enemy
    something wrong with my brain ... not sure how to respond to that
    take a guess what these three thing have in common ?

The three things in common are they all have to do with you.  Which is what I stated. Maybe there’s an issue on your end. People with vision problems can either have malfunctions in their eye or brain. Color blindness for example can be a result of a person’s cones malfunctioning or it can be due to damage in the V4 area of the brain (the part that processes color). So you can have perfectly functioning eyes and still have visual problems, which was the point I was making. I was trying to be helpful. Don’t think it really warranted a flag.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    I noticed that if you champ a character with a lot of saved covers, the covers are applied quite slowly. It used to be you could tap the screen or click to speed it up, but that no longer seems to work.
    Hit the back button and exit while the rewards are scrolling. You don’t have to sit and watch every reward (never did). 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    On iOS you can hit the left/right buttons at the bottom of the screen to do the same thing
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    On Steam version, I'm seeing some issue with screen refreshing.  For example, if I click on the last Heroic token, I'll see the screen refresh over to common tokens before it displays the contents of the Heroic.  When starting a battle, I'll see the zeroes for each gem color and some other elements pop up a second or 2 before the rest of the artwork.  And I think I've see an old bug re-emerge, where when you hit a cascade that kills multiple opponents in a fight where there are more than 3 waiting to join the fight, you will sometimes see the opponent who WILL land in that slot appear too early, before damage has been dealt.

Aside from that, the new "flash" when you make a match seems very distracting.  it's like someone set off a flashbulb in your peripheral vision.  Maybe tone that down some?
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Oh, one more issue.  The hotspot to change enemy targets seems to have moved or gotten smaller or something.  I find I click to change target and get the enemy's stats page instead, unless I click on the backmost enemy.  Then the enemies rotate.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    On iOS you can hit the left/right buttons at the bottom of the screen to do the same thing
    I've been playing on iOS for 6 years, pray tell where are these buttons that I've never seen?
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    I'm dreading the time I accidentally buy a 10 pack of heroic tokens as the screens exit a lot quicker now and the taps seem a lot more sensitive (android).

So technically you could claim your reward for a token and leave your thumb there a split second longer than usual and end up with a 10 pack if you have enough HP sitting there.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I almost bought the 10 packs a number of times, but the confirmation pop-up saved me all the times. Because I was tapping instead of holding on.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    peterdark said:
    I'm dreading the time I accidentally buy a 10 pack of heroic tokens as the screens exit a lot quicker now and the taps seem a lot more sensitive (android).

So technically you could claim your reward for a token and leave your thumb there a split second longer than usual and end up with a 10 pack if you have enough HP sitting there.
    Accidental Revenue Increase Mode engaged.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, it's happened twice already. Luckily, the confirmation window button is in a different area of the screen than the 10-pack selection button.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:
    I've been playing on iOS for 6 years, pray tell where are these buttons that I've never seen?
    I believe he's referring to the buttons at the bottom of the character screen, that let you tab through the different pages of the character like applied support, power details, cover art, etc.

If you champion someone with saved covers, you can just flip to the Support Detail page using the bottom right page arrow to skip the animation, for example.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kojubat said:
    Bowgentle said:
    I believe he's referring to the buttons at the bottom of the character screen, that let you tab through the different pages of the character like applied support, power details, cover art, etc.

If you champion someone with saved covers, you can just flip to the Support Detail page using the bottom right page arrow to skip the animation, for example.
    Ah yes, thank you.
    That makes sense.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    0zfest said:
    something wrong with my device I can kinda accept
    something wrong with my eyes ... time is my only enemy
    something wrong with my brain ... not sure how to respond to that
    take a guess what these three thing have in common ?

Image result for the common denominator is you