The new engine is pretty great!

2»

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    DAZ0273 said:
     Sambrooklyn 
    I must admit, you've stumbled upon an auto-correct "fix" for my name that I hadn't seen before.   A shame I'm not from Brooklyn, though.  :)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
     Sambrooklyn 
    I must admit, you've stumbled upon an auto-correct "fix" for my name that I hadn't seen before.   A shame I'm not from Brooklyn, though.  :)
    Lol! Didn't even clock that! I do always read that you are from Brooklyn though, so also illusion shattered!
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Sometimes when coming out of a match there's some white text on a black background. it flashes so quickly that I can't read it, is anyone else seeing that or is someone trying to communicate with me?

outside of matches it is a lot quicker apart from trying to skip the BH cover if you get one - you have to click on the arrows. In game it looks 'smoother' and altogether 'prettier' but I feel the swipes are slower? Or am I going crazy? Plus, as someone mentioned earlier, when selecting a power you have to tap on the outer side or you'll select the middle power.

Looks like a lot of work was put into this though, just a few snags to be ironed out. Good work.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks great and runs really smoothly.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ap bar pops out continuously for some match. Anyone encountered this?
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    I want my back button back more than my missing CP
  • 0zfest
    0zfest Posts: 69 Match Maker
    L O V E it !!!!!!!!
     Now I don't need to play with my glasses, who knew all I wanted was a blurry game and animations !
    Thanks D3 !
  • 0zfest
    0zfest Posts: 69 Match Maker
    And I love having to use different buttons for actions I have been doing for over a thousand day get changed
    it's awesome !
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    peterdark said:
    [...] but I feel the swipes are slower? Or am I going crazy? [...]
    To me it feels like the animation easings on tile-moves and drops have just been flattened out. This isn't a timing change in that it takes longer to my eye, just a change in the animation accelerations such that they're all moving at a constant speed now rather than accelerating up or down in speed. This is kind of presenting as a "flatness" to the motion. I kind of like it personally, but your mileage will vary surely. Also that's just my visual observation, it is possible they've changed the actual time of the animation, I just don't think so.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for all the hard work that went into this.  It is a positive indication for the long term health of the game.

For fine tuning, I'll echo the requests to return the back button on the bottom left and to remove the flashes during the matches.
  • carlj64
    carlj64 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    It's quirky. 3 DDQ pulls, ISO, throws you back to the level select, character pull, stays in vault, the ISO and out again.
  • Nikita-K
    Nikita-K Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    The game isn't smooth but fast. It is so fast that I don't even see the animations at opening tokens or clicking away rewards. It is just a matter of time until I click the first token open by accident. You could say I'm flashed but it is not only positive.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    St1nkf1st said:
    Steam version just closes ingame. No error message or something, just closes and steam syncs (and match is lost of course). Played 4 PVP matches and it happened 2 times. Gave up frustrated.
    Staying away from PVP until I'm assured that's fixed, because it happened to me last night as well. I'm not going to throw energy into something that is going to give me auto losses and force me to possibly burn health packs. 
  • BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker
    As a steam user, like it is at the moment, I would gladly go back to the previous version.

In game chat is quite unusable now.
    Everything that happens is flashing and makes my eyes ache after a while.
    Message windows show less information. Why did they leave out information like placement?

The speed up is marginal. For me it would have been more speed up if they reintroduced the slider that at some time was there at team selection.

• Orglmeister
    Orglmeister Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2019
    The loading and menu speed is ok, the blur i can live with... but the matching flash is really  annoying.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I'm over day 1700, so the new animations, while very nice, still feel vaguely wrong.  It's like we've entered the Uncanny Valley of Smooth.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone else notice that if you open a cover and get a BH associated with it, clicking on the image no longer advances to the BH cover?  Instead you have to hit the >> button and then whoosh, there it goes by super fast.
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Hopefully this means they can now address dilution solutions now....
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
     Sambrooklyn 
    I have lived in Brooklyn for 10+ years and my brain reads your name as sambrooklyn every time -- though I know it's not that from having tagged you once or twice in comments in the past. Very funny how that works. There's a store in Pike Place Market in Seattle called Bead Store. They have a sign up away from the store that is simply impossible to read as other than "Bread Store." I know what it says and I still think it says Bread Store...   😂 
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Yepyep said:
    DAZ0273 said:
     Sambrooklyn 
    I have lived in Brooklyn for 10+ years and my brain reads your name as sambrooklyn every time -- though I know it's not that from having tagged you once or twice in comments in the past. Very funny how that works. There's a store in Pike Place Market in Seattle called Bead Store. They have a sign up away from the store that is simply impossible to read as other than "Bread Store." I know what it says and I still think it says Bread Store...   😂 
    I read this 5 times and I couldn't work out what you were getting at as I read "Pike Place Market in Seattle called Bread Store" each time  :D