Best 5* Team

2»

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    TPF Alexis said: 
    Regardless, it wouldn't really change much except to anger people who've invested time and/or money in their Thor. Oh, and probably make Grockitty even more dominant, since Thorkoye are one of the good teams to hit them with.
    You say this as if thorkoye is not the dominant meta. Kitty showed up and brought more options. After Gambit got nerfed every character was measured against thorkoye. If they could not perform better with someone else than that duo they were instantly dismissed. This game is predominantly pick 2 and use whatever 3rd character the game is making you use. Thorkoye is still the most consistent and powerful duo. Gritty is a glass canon healthpack suck that performs better on defense than thorkoye.
    I guess I think of it that way because Kitty was my first 5* champ, and Thorkoye is really easy to beat with her and Grocket. I actually don't see very many Thorkoye teams at all these days.
    Kitty was technically my 3rd 5* champ. But I had sold my gambit before champing her. All I had was daredevil. 

Gritty is my most used team. Probably 60 to 75% of my retals are thorkoye. That tells me they have no major issues beating gritty regularly.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:
    TPF Alexis said: 
    Regardless, it wouldn't really change much except to anger people who've invested time and/or money in their Thor. Oh, and probably make Grockitty even more dominant, since Thorkoye are one of the good teams to hit them with.
    You say this as if thorkoye is not the dominant meta. Kitty showed up and brought more options. After Gambit got nerfed every character was measured against thorkoye. If they could not perform better with someone else than that duo they were instantly dismissed. This game is predominantly pick 2 and use whatever 3rd character the game is making you use. Thorkoye is still the most consistent and powerful duo. Gritty is a glass canon healthpack suck that performs better on defense than thorkoye.
    I guess I think of it that way because Kitty was my first 5* champ, and Thorkoye is really easy to beat with her and Grocket. I actually don't see very many Thorkoye teams at all these days.
    Kitty was technically my 3rd 5* champ. But I had sold my gambit before champing her. All I had was daredevil. 

Gritty is my most used team. Probably 60 to 75% of my retals are thorkoye. That tells me they have no major issues beating gritty regularly.
    Each of them on offense beats the other pretty easily on defense. Could also be because I just do one climb to 900 and then shield out, so I don't get hit very much.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Starting with full health I bet Kitty/Hela/OML could be decent.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    OML/GED/JG . Full rainbow, all true healers with AP steal, 2 who can change form and AOE the planet, and rarely have to use health packs. Can take a bit sometimes, but once it gets going, its is pretty mean. 
  • SupremeChefGio
    SupremeChefGio Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Malcrof said:
    OML/GED/JG . Full rainbow, all true healers with AP steal, 2 who can change form and AOE the planet, and rarely have to use health packs. Can take a bit sometimes, but once it gets going, its is pretty mean. 
    Who is GED?
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Malcrof said:
    Who is GED?

God Emperor Doom.  He's actually pretty great but slow so he's underrated.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I'm surprised nobody is mentioning the team of Thor/Okoye/JJ,  I use them a lot in Sim and they're pretty great.  The way my team is set up, the only color Thor actually matches is green (JJ takes over red and Okoye takes over yellow) so he's easy to hide at half health and Okoye can boost JJ's blue to make those trap tiles do a lot of damage. Thor generates red for JJ to fire off her red and then you add strike tiles on top of everything and it can get nuts pretty quick.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lizard or Spock is probably BSSM/Surfer or Octopus maybe against that Gritty meta, it's just old and hard to come by as a newer player.
    BSSM and Daredevil crush Gritty teams with ease. Throw in Surfer to deal with Bishop (he'll always tank at least Red and Black in that team, so good chance you can get him or at a push DD up front to keep BSSM safe when Bishop has the blue). I'm aware they are all lost in Dilution Mists of Classic Tokens though

Huntah86 said:
    I'm surprised nobody is mentioning the team of Thor/Okoye/JJ,  
    Theomen mentioned them up thread. Fantastic team, though dropping JJ for XFDP or Sabretooth is often more efficient in Sim, which says something in itself. 
  • BlackWidow70
    BlackWidow70 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I tend to go Thor/Okoye/JJ if I'm trying to get my Thor down to half health first.  If he gets too low in health, I swap JJ out for Captain Marvel, since in my case she makes it so my Thor doesn't tank any colors.