Best 5* Team

SupremeChefGio
SupremeChefGio Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
I have combed the internet to look for a 5* team with great synergy and can never find one. Maybe that means that there are no good 5* teams, but i would like to know from the people in this forum, if there are any good or great 5* teams in this game. 

And when I say 5* teams, i mean all 3 slots used are 5* characters, not a mixture of 5* and 4*. The full 5.

Just curious is all, hope everyone is living a great life nonetheless!
Tagged:

Comments

• IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Thor + Okoye + Iceman is pretty nutty if you're looking for all 3 to be 5s, and a 4 like Sabretooth is not acceptable.

Thor + Okoye is an obvious and standard pairing, and the constant shuffling Thor does will mean there will be a heavier concentration of Blue's on the board, allowing you to get Iceman online and trigger his stuns faster.

You can also swap Okoye for Green Goblin to fortify Iceman's tiles. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,231 Chairperson of the Boards
    For PVE I use Dr Strange, Thanos, Panther.  Strange blasts goons constantly with his passive until one dies and triggers court death which triggers black panther's move or be moved.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hypothetical advice, I only have GRRR and Doom champed:

Thorkoye is so dominant and self sufficient that the third you run almost doesn’t matter. Options that seem like they should work well:

Rescue - cheap multi hit red fueled by thor and double dipping Wakanda forever
    Iceman- cheap powers fed by thor and benefitting from WF
    5torm- active black with team damage

OML seems like the 5* that ought to be played with Kitty, so a cheap spammer like Rescue or Iceman ought to work there too. Spam powers, get free strikes, win.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    I'm going to say Kitty, old man Logan, and hulk. 7 yellow gets you 3 protects and 2 strikes. That starts the buff train.

Try to get 7 black before banner transforms. That gets you 3 attacks and 2 strikes. It also gives the enemy 2 attacks so kitty's purple has something to do.

And hulk making en extra match every turn speeds up your match due to the high strike tile damage from kitty. Try to let hulk tank as much as possible once he transforms since that is free health. Logan is also a good damage sponge.

Edit: this is not the "best" team. Just a team with what I feel is good synergy. Thor, Okoye, <anyone else> is the "best". The synergy with just thorkoye is insane. Massive damage, self fueling, with unequaled sustain. You could put a one cover level one 1* yelena with them and they can steamroll any other 5* team.
  • theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited August 2019
    I think it depends on who you're fighting but the 'best' 5* team is generally considered to be Thor, Okoye and Jessica.
    Iceman may well replace Jessica though.
    As I see it, you could run almost any 5* in that 3rd position depending on your opponent; really the important thing is having Thor and Okoye

Here are some fun 5* teams I've seen used, if you want something different:
    Blackbolt, Gambit and Storm - death by charged tiles
    Okoye, Blackbolt and Strange- Uses Okoye's black to deal out massive passive damage
    OML, Phoenix and Loki/Beardcap- The team that refuses to die
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    OML, Kitty, Cable 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Thorkoye and Dr Strange is my all 5-star usual team.  Ablities in all the colors.  Strange's passive gets a massive boost from Okoye's passive.  Yellow can be used for either healing (Okoye), nuke (Strange), or protect tiles (Thor).  90% of the time, I use Okoye's yellow just for extra team-up AP.

Strange may be a bit squishier than the other two, but it works well enough.

Edit - My Kitty is 2/2/3, so I can't really use her in PvP just yet.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    theomen said:
    I think it depends on who you're fighting but the 'best' 5* team is generally considered to be Thor, Okoye and Jessica.
    Iceman may well replace Jessica though.
    As I see it, you could run almost any 5* in that 3rd position depending on your opponent; really the important thing is having Thor and Okoye

I think this is exactly it. I agree Iceman could be the new staple in that third slot.

The purpose of that third slot is usually to have 1-2 additional color outlets and to create a bit of a defensive deterrent. I agree that Jessica is currently “it”. I think Doom is a great backup option and that Iceman might take over as people cover him.  

Jessica has the traps which are a nice defensive deterrent but not so much against other Thorkoye teams who can shrug off the damage and heal up. She also has a black outlet, though I like Doom’s much better. She also adds a third red outlet that is not much better than Thor or Okoye. 

Iceman lacks the black outlet, but the stuns are in my opinion scarier on defense than the traps. He tanks green which is really nice as he and Okoye can cover Thor entirely for tanking purposes. I also think his alternate green outlet with a few team ups can be way deadlier than Jessica’s alternate red outlet. The fact that he hits random opponents and stuns makes him a double threat to Thorkoye. 

Sadly the best team overall due to its defensive prowess consists of two 4*.  Gritshop are insta-skip, mainly because of Bishop. They obviously lack the sustainability of a Thorkoye who can, in the words of Cap, “do this all day”. But the ability to climb and float without retaliation is pretty huge.
  • Momo988
    Momo988 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I wonder how this would change if all characters had to start from full heath. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Momo988 said:
    You mean “get to” start at full health?

As in healthpacks would no longer exist?

It’d be Bishop all day. No drawback from him killing hisself as he’d just start full again. It’d be a nightmare. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Momo988 said:

It’d be Bishop all day. No drawback from him killing hisself as he’d just start full again. It’d be a nightmare. 
    Maybe add a specific note to Thor that he couldn't be brought into a fight below half strength. Can't really think of anyone else who abuses that significantly. Or re-work his green so that it notes how much health he started the fight with, and then switches over when he hits half that.
    Regardless, it wouldn't really change much except to anger people who've invested time and/or money in their Thor. Oh, and probably make Grockitty even more dominant, since Thorkoye are one of the good teams to hit them with.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Momo988 said:

It could be set so that you still need health packs for downed characters.

I don't see any of this happening though. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 said:
    Momo988 said:

It could be set so that you still need health packs for downed characters.

I don't see any of this happening though. 
    This was actually my suggestion for PvP in a recent thread asking about what I wanted as I suggested 'death matches'.

All characters start at full health. If you lose/retreat, all characters are downed (need health packs). If you win, you take zero damage (all at full health so you can use again in a battle). I also wanted the upgrade AI only for PvP to make it more interesting.

I doubt it would be Bishop all day because only the last defensive team gets used and most PvP doesn't feature Bishop as one of your 2 selections.

KGB
  • Momo988
    Momo988 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    My question was more academic. What’s the best trio of 5s if everyone starts at full health?
  • tiomono
    edited August 2019
    TPF Alexis said: 
    Regardless, it wouldn't really change much except to anger people who've invested time and/or money in their Thor. Oh, and probably make Grockitty even more dominant, since Thorkoye are one of the good teams to hit them with.
    You say this as if thorkoye is not the dominant meta. Kitty showed up and brought more options. After Gambit got nerfed every character was measured against thorkoye. If they could not perform better with someone else than that duo they were instantly dismissed. This game is predominantly pick 2 and use whatever 3rd character the game is making you use. Thorkoye is still the most consistent and powerful duo. Gritty is a glass canon healthpack suck that performs better on defense than thorkoye.

The only advantage gritty has over them is a defensive scare for most teams. Thorkoye can plow their way through everything and do it with few healthpacks. The exception probably being bishop. Then they pretty much need a specialized 3rd to deal with him.

I think most would argue that thorkoye + insert 3rd here, is the best team. I think it's time we got the paper in this rock (thorkoye), scissors (gritty), paper (?).

If kitty had someone like grocket in the 5* tier I would say they would be top dog. But this topic was best all 5* character team. If you asked for best team in the game period I would be willing to bet thorkoye plus a 3rd would be the favored by a fair margin.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:

I think most would argue that thorkoye + insert 3rd here, is the best team. I think it's time we got the paper in this rock (thorkoye), scissors (gritty), paper (?).

Didn't we already have the Paper part of this equation? You even mentioned his very name: pre-nerf Gambit.

The irony is his nerf came just before the scissors got released. Gritty doesn't care that Gambit destroyed AP since they don't use it (much). I know his purple would over write a couple strikes but by the time he got it out even once, the boosted strikes would have mostly killed him and he'd never have casted it twice baring lucky cascades. He probably wouldn't have gotten a 2nd Red either (the one that did the real damage).

KGB

P.S. In honor of the recent season 3 release of Stranger Things and my love of AD&D, I prefer to call it: Iron Golem/Rust Monster/Mind Flayer instead of Rock/Paper/Scissors B)

• tiomono
    KGB said:
    tiomono said:

Didn't we already have the Paper part of this equation? You even mentioned his very name: pre-nerf Gambit.

The irony is his nerf came just before the scissors got released. Gritty doesn't care that Gambit destroyed AP since they don't use it (much). I know his purple would over write a couple strikes but by the time he got it out even once, the boosted strikes would have mostly killed him and he'd never have casted it twice baring lucky cascades. He probably wouldn't have gotten a 2nd Red either (the one that did the real damage).

KGB

P.S. In honor of the recent season 3 release of Stranger Things and my love of AD&D, I prefer to call it: Iron Golem/Rust Monster/Mind Flayer instead of Rock/Paper/Scissors B)

Well the soaked the paper and ruined it. It tears entirely too easily now.

It's also worth noting that both rock and scissors can beat each other pretty easily in this game. We just need at least one more duo on their level.

P.S. I prefer rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock. For the added strategy depth.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lizard or Spock is probably BSSM/Surfer or Octopus maybe against that Gritty meta, it's just old and hard to come by as a newer player.
  • tiomono
    Momo988 said:
    My question was more academic. What’s the best trio of 5s if everyone starts at full health?
    If everyone had to start at full health every match I would put my vote in for kitty, oml, banner. See my post above for why.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    TPF Alexis said: 
    You say this as if thorkoye is not the dominant meta. Kitty showed up and brought more options. After Gambit got nerfed every character was measured against thorkoye. If they could not perform better with someone else than that duo they were instantly dismissed. This game is predominantly pick 2 and use whatever 3rd character the game is making you use. Thorkoye is still the most consistent and powerful duo. Gritty is a glass canon healthpack suck that performs better on defense than thorkoye.
    I guess I think of it that way because Kitty was my first 5* champ, and Thorkoye is really easy to beat with her and Grocket. I actually don't see very many Thorkoye teams at all these days.