Bishop and Claws of Concern

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
I really must say, this PVP makes me want to quit. So sick and tired of getting pummeled by bishop and bad boards here. Having your champed Kitty killed on the second enemy draw every game is not normal. Do something to even out this mess please.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did you just have a champed Kitty or did she have a trash loving friend with her? Coz, if the second option then...well sympathy might be low? Sorry.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guess it has to do with the trashy wolvie she has to drag around, doing nuttin' good.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Did you just have a champed Kitty or did she have a trash loving friend with her? Coz, if the second option then...well sympathy might be low? Sorry.
    Actually gritty is probably the closest to a bishop counter the 5* tier has short of silver surfer. They can buff up high enough to kill him quick if you can avoid kitty taking the first stun.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Bishop’s not even hard to basically fix. Condition his blue to only work if he has more health than his teammates, a la Thing.
  • DAZ0273
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Actually gritty is probably the closest to a bishop counter the 5* tier has short of silver surfer. They can buff up high enough to kill him quick if you can avoid kitty taking the first stun.
    Yeah, not really what I was getting at.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:
    Don’t worry next event has boosted kitty bishop and prof x. Sadly they forgot to boost grocket.

Its not worth complaining at this point anymore, games on autopilot they don’t give a tinykitty.

Play until you no longer find it fun, pointless wasting time highlighting stuff on here unless it’s a bug.
    And they yawn at the bugs unless it's one that benefits the player then they'll fix it immediately. 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker

658_2 said:
    Bishop’s not even hard to basically fix. Condition his blue to only work if he has more health than his teammates, a la Thing.
    That wouldn't "fix" him, that'd be a huuuuuuuge nerf. Thing is bottom tier and barely used and should not really be your template for fixes.
    In 4* land -- where Bishop is actually supposed to work -- he's meta-relevant and valuable because he's a great and actually reliable Gritty counter. Due to Kitty's buffing, the strike tile damage escalates every turn, so you take higher damage every turn.
    If you changed Bishop's blue to only trigger when he has higher health than his team mates, then you would get 1 single trigger of his blue out of him (which isn't enough to even stun Kitty or do anything). At the start of the battle. That's basically it. Gritty do too much damage too quickly to keep Bishop's health higher than his team mates, since his red makes him keep jumping in front of his team mates. And if you want to "fix" both his red and blue to only trigger when he has more health, then his red would also become useless since it needs him to take high damage (reducing the chance that he will have higher health for it to trigger) without doing anything to reduce the damage taken a la Thing (or even having anywhere near Thing's high health).
    That "fix" would change him from meta-relevant in 4* land due to being a Gritty counter to basically trash. Do not want. 

I fully understand that Bishop causes unintended issues for 5* players and that should be adjusted. But I'd like to avoid murder-nerf hammer the main Gritty counter team in 4* land (Bishop/Deadpool) because that one actually works reliably. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    My 2-cent: a Bishop "fix" would be where Overclocked's threshold is high enough that it's not triggered by a 5*s match-3. The problem is some baby Champion 5s can do 2k+ damage from a match 3.
    451 Doom, Yellow match 3 = 2025 
    454 Jessica, Red match 3 = 2097
    455 DD, Yellow match 3 = 2064

By contrast, Overclocked for my 278 Bishop procs at 936 damage.
    Hmm. 405 Silver Surfer, so not a Champion, but still a 400+ 5*, a match 3 in red, blue, or black will all proc Overclocked.

Without a good Kitty (1/-/1), I could try running Okoye with my own Bishop and +Team Up boosts right out of the gate, but I'll just get carved up by other 5* teams.

So here's another solution. Give us a 5* PvP that is 5*s only + the Essential. No 4*s, no R4G, no XPool, and no Bishop. Just 5*s + the Essential. Thoughts?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    So it was more of a "you have one of the meta teams so you deserve punishment"? 

Bishop is a good character in 4* land. He is an unbearable monster in 5* land. For me he is about on par with prenerf gambit if you didnt have your own gambit. Beatable but not really worth the hassle.

If you are a 5* player and "luck into a turn 1 cascade vs bishop, you just ate at least 8k damage and gave the enemy team at least 10 blue. Which if bishop is their only blue user also stuns one of your characters for 4 turns.

That would be like letting defensive thors start matches at 50% health. He is a problem.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2019
    You make good points AlexR.

I was conflating his red and blue a bit in my mind, and was thinking the blue was the jump to the front power. A better way to do it, he should only jump to the front if he has higher health than his teammate, so leave the blue the same. So you still get the benefits on offense (when matching his colors), but he loses his absurd defensive power.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Sorry. Shedding no tears for a roster with a champed Kitty. You're not dominating the meta. Bishop's doing what he was designed to do.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    They could probably just change it so Bishop can't stun a character if one is already stunned. Give it a condition where "if a character on the enemy team is stunned, this power becomes X" and then it does something else. If you want him to stay a Gritty counter, maybe he removes specials or something.  
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Worst character in the game by far. There is exactly 1 counter to him if you’re in the 5* tier and that is having a big SS of all things. He makes me actively enjoy the game less.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used DD and God Doom with OML almost the whole event just to do things differently.  It was a nice change of pace and still got above 1200.  I switched out Doom for BSSM for some gritty kitty teams
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Worst character in the game by far. There is exactly 1 counter to him if you’re in the 5* tier and that is having a big SS of all things. He makes me actively enjoy the game less.
    And I don't see that as an issue, either. Just because 5-stars have to take off auto-pilot to play is not a bad thing. The "nerf this character who I don't like because he makes winning for me no longer guaranteed" is getting old.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, Silver Surfer isn't the only 5* with stun immunity today.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed 5* Ice man + 3 blue ap could shut down bishop.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    And I don't see that as an issue, either. Just because 5-stars have to take off auto-pilot to play is not a bad thing. The "nerf this character who I don't like because he makes winning for me no longer guaranteed" is getting old.
    The fact is he has very few counters that are meaningful in any way. I could use 4*’s and beat him all day with no issues but my Mmr will show that team to every 5* roster out there....no thanks.
  • DAZ0273
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    tiomono said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    So it was more of a "you have one of the meta teams so you deserve punishment"? 

Bishop is a good character in 4* land. He is an unbearable monster in 5* land. For me he is about on par with prenerf gambit if you didnt have your own gambit. Beatable but not really worth the hassle.

If you are a 5* player and "luck into a turn 1 cascade vs bishop, you just ate at least 8k damage and gave the enemy team at least 10 blue. Which if bishop is their only blue user also stuns one of your characters for 4 turns.

That would be like letting defensive thors start matches at 50% health. He is a problem.
    Nobody deserves punishment but considering how there is a wall of Gritty everywhere impeding a lot of play (like above 1800 in Shield Sim) it is just mildly amusing to see Gritty abusers complaining.

No offence was intended to anybody, sorry if Bishop caused issues for an event, for many players (not so much me) Gritty is a pain 95% of the time!