MPQ: Rebalance verses New Characters

13»

Comments

• Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    And you think all of that in your third paragraph could be accomplished in one month?

Better to rework the survey and ask for a vote on which single one of those would be worth taking a month off from new character releases.

I can help narrow that list for you. Ask which things are issues for 3* players and below.
    Answer none of those hurt the majority of players in the game.

You continue to think the single 5* tier player tree is the forest and not the tree.
    No I don’t, you think that’s what I am looking at but you have lost sight of what I have been talking about for a long time.  
    Carry on Don Quixote. Hopefully you’ll find what you’re searching for in one of those windmills.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the question makes even less sense now.  What you’re describing is the creation of a whole new game using some concepts of the original, but your answers assume that somehow all of our characters and achievements get ported to the new game seamlessly with no loss (much less cost) to the player.  There’s literally no incentive for any developers to do this, much less any way they could achieve it in a single month (or even six weeks, as they said in a PW3 episode that six weeks is the character design cycle).  Even getting licensing approval for the changes you describe is pure fantasy in a mere month.

If a new “MPQ2” rolls out sometime, everyone starts at square one again.  That’s just how it works to make a fair attempt at game balance while keeping the lights on.  

Now, asking how long you’d stay on the MPQ “sinking ship” knowing MPQ2 is imminent or asking if you’d be willing to hop on the MPQ2 hamster wheel after your experiences in MPQ are both fair and potentially interesting questions.  I literally have no idea how to answer the question you asked given the three options provided...
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's about time! I would love that!!!
    And you think all of that in your third paragraph could be accomplished in one month?

Better to rework the survey and ask for a vote on which single one of those would be worth taking a month off from new character releases.

I can help narrow that list for you. Ask which things are issues for 3* players and below.
    Answer none of those hurt the majority of players in the game.

You continue to think the single 5* tier player tree is the forest and not the tree.
    No I don’t, you think that’s what I am looking at but you have lost sight of what I have been talking about for a long time.  
    Carry on Don Quixote. Hopefully you’ll find what you’re searching for in one of those windmills.
    Don’t worry. I will keep on pushing like I have done on many things, that you are well aware of, and some of those have been fixed, which you are also aware off.  I will continue until I am done with this game.  
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2019
    It's about time! I would love that!!!
    ZootSax said:
    There’s literally no incentive for any developers to do this<snip>

I'd easily pay money for better gameplay (read: level and game design). I don't spend any money on new characters (the closest I got was roster space, about 4 years ago). There's plenty of incentive.