Farming 400 CP (Stopped at 180) haha...

2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    @OJSP

I always think that this is in sequence and random so it depends on the timing of when you pull.

Wow... That's the first I heard. 
    Think about it as going down a path and on certain stepping stones in that path are guaranteed 5* covers. The problem is that you don't have a map or a set idea of where to find those 5* except that they should be guaranteed at some point. How many steps you have to go down* to get the guaranteed return isn't known and the results can wildly vary as long as they even out over a certain period of travelling down the path.

* Although it can be statistically determind that you should get the results required within a certain range of pulls/steps along the path - used to be 300, dunno if that still is the case, never had 300 pulls myself, lol!

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker

In the end, what more great pleasure can you get when you are able to press the 'open classic legend' for 20 times and see what you have. It will be like opening Christmas present in a quick mode.  :#!

There will come a point where you've got so many 4* covers that your iso cannot keep pace with the number of 4* you're trying to level. At that point, opening tokens simply doesn't hold the same magical pleasure because due to lack of iso you can't actually do anything with your pulls.
    Example: I'm literally sitting on 14 fully covered 4* I have no iso for, nevermind all the things at 10-12 covers i could level. I'd need 6mil+ iso just to level all my 4*s. At that point, hoarding is much easier because pulling isn't as appealing.  Right now, while you're actively starved for 4* covers and really need more 4* covers to build your 4*, there's not a good reason to hoard imo. So don't feel bad about pulling as you go, since pulling LTs is literally what you need to do for your progress to get 4* champs.
  • XDarthVadarX
    XDarthVadarX Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    @DAZ0273

This is a long shot and really has to be patient as you mentioned to play as time passes to accumulate the characters. 

@AlexR

Yes. This is a big, big problem. As far as I am trying to max the 4* to become champion while still trying to collect the 5*, I  selective to see which characters I should champ first in order to help in PVP and story, I notice that it is important to set the 3 characters as they should be strongest for PVP, remember playing story and then go back to PVP and my characters had change to story setup for both left and right characters.

Recently, I have an improvement to stay up in the ranks for PVP using Carnage and Medusa as my left and right wingers, and these two are my priorities now. At least the important characters can help earn rewards to set up a routine for me to farm CP for a while before opening up again to see what I can have. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    DAZ0273 said:
    @OJSP

I always think that this is in sequence and random so it depends on the timing of when you pull.

Think about it as going down a path and on certain stepping stones in that path are guaranteed 5* covers. The problem is that you don't have a map or a set idea of where to find those 5* except that they should be guaranteed at some point. How many steps you have to go down* to get the guaranteed return isn't known and the results can wildly vary as long as they even out over a certain period of travelling down the path.

* Although it can be statistically determind that you should get the results required within a certain range of pulls/steps along the path - used to be 300, dunno if that still is the case, never had 300 pulls myself, lol!

1. If the goal is to champ 3 5's from Latest (or a different store with 3 5's), 300 is no longer enough pulls.  I think it's more like 360 or so to have a reasonable chance at getting all 3 champed.

2.  I feel obligated to point out that the game doesn't have some set of guidelines to make sure you, as an individual player, meet the 15% pull rate for 5's.  I have been playing for close to 4 years in earnest now.....and tracked my pulls in 5* stores since April 2016.  My lifetime rate is 3260 pulls as of 7/12/19, but a 13.4% rate on 5's.  

Each pull is determined by a predetermined and there is NO CONTROL on the part of the game to try to get you to 15% pull rate.

(Despite the fact that CS folks will tell you it does. That is simply not true.)

3.  Of academic interest mostly, each individual store (Classics/Latests/new release/special store) has its own predetermined pull string. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    @OJSP

1. If the goal is to champ 3 5's from Latest (or a different store with 3 5's), 300 is no longer enough pulls.  I think it's more like 360 or so to have a reasonable chance at getting all 3 champed.

2.  I feel obligated to point out that the game doesn't have some set of guidelines to make sure you, as an individual player, meet the 15% pull rate for 5's.  I have been playing for close to 4 years in earnest now.....and tracked my pulls in 5* stores since April 2016.  My lifetime rate is 3260 pulls as of 7/12/19, but a 13.4% rate on 5's.  

Each pull is determined by a predetermined and there is NO CONTROL on the part of the game to try to get you to 15% pull rate.

(Despite the fact that CS folks will tell you it does. That is simply not true.)

3.  Of academic interest mostly, each individual store (Classics/Latests/new release/special store) has its own predetermined pull string. 
    Right - the Devs will just tell you "keep pulling" and it will all even out but of course the more you pull then the wider your stastical path gets. And the point is that because it is done this way, you are only ever one pull away from a "lucky streak" which was already pre-determined for you so isn't "lucky" at all but from a psycological point it hits the old gamblers urge that things will turn around.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    The house always wins.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    The best I ever did was hoard 900 cp. My goal was to get to 1,000 but then a boss event happened and, well, I have no self control. It's also why I walk quickly past the candy and cookie aisles when I go to the store. These days I don't care anymore about cp and will just spend it on classics whenever I get 20 cp.
  • XDarthVadarX
    XDarthVadarX Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Good Day, Everyone!

Thank you for all the kind inputs from your experience in the game. 

I believe we all want our existing deck to grow stronger as we are playing the game, as far as resources are limited and getting what we want is not as easy as we all think. 

I seen all the posts and I believe everyone has find a motivation or goal to achieve so as to improve the stats and it is really depending on individual. 

Well, noted that everything maybe predetermined, then I suppose I just need to farm a certain CP to pull and hope for the best possible if I can get those I need just to upgrade the strong team for both PVP and story. 

Medusa and Carnage as well as Kitty is still my favourite, but it depends, like present the PVP, I have Deadpool 4* Champ l, Bishop and Cyclops 3* to ganna wins to reach 75 for full rewards... (25 games a day, I always remind myself), that's all. I don't think I am there yet trying to get top 5 for 4* covers and rewards at the end of the game.

As for the strong players, they become stronger in the game, while I am trying to collect CP to build on this. Let's all enjoy what we have, play the game as we can and let's hope the game gets better for all to continue playing for long.  :)
  • MTP
    MTP Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Hoarding to 300 pulls is tough at first.  However the longer it goes, the easier it does get.  The moment 5* Storm came out I decided to pull the trigger at 313.  I was successful but I also made sure to bonus the 3 5* I was pulling.  It wasn't needed but I wanted to be sure.