Farming 400 CP (Stopped at 180) haha...

XDarthVadarX
XDarthVadarX Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
edited July 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Previously, I will open up the LL whenever I have 25 CP. This will be the first time I will save to 400 CP before opening up 20 CL to see if I am lucky enough to upgrade or have new 5 star characters.

325 CP to go...

:#  :#:#

So can't wait for it and here goes:

Just opened 9 Classic Legends

1. Spiderman Peter Parker 5* Red
2. Miles Morales 4* Red
3. War Machine 4* Green
4. Jean Grey 4* Purple
5. The Thing 4* Red
6. Spiderman 5* Back in Black Blue
7. Captain America 5* Infinity War Red
8. Thanos Endgame 4* Green
9. Thanos Mad Titan 5* Purple

This is the exact order. Except for Spiderman Peter Parker 5* which I have already 2, all the rest are new characters. As for the 4*, they just add on to the existing, no champs yet. 

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish you all the luck in the world, but if you are trying to do anything more than get the 5* characters on your roster, you should hoard until you have at least 10x that many pulls.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best of luck. Hoarding gets easier the more you do it.
  • XDarthVadarX
    @Borstock and TPF
    Will be useful but I need the HP to open up the slots, unless I have all the slots opened already, then will use this in the future. 
    @jp1
    Thank you for the advise, trying my luck to get and upgrade my 4 and 5 stars so that it is easier to compete in PVP
  • XDarthVadarX
    300 to go and counting down.... Slowly... 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,761 Chairperson of the Boards
    400 CP is usually enough for me to get the latest 5*, best of luck to you!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    You hoard CP/LT for three potential reasons:

- You want to break into the 5* tier, and you don't make enough CP and LTs in a roughly five week span to cover all three characters (I imagine this is the case for a lot of 4* players,)

- Breaking into tokens will potentially result in you not being able to roster a character within two weeks before the cover expires, because you will not have enough HP for roster slots.

- You say to yourself "Would I rather have a cover for X or Y?" (where X is the 5* character about to leave Latest, and Y is the character that will enter Latest next) and the answer is "Y."  There are some other factors, like "do I have enough covers for the other two characters for now," but that equation is the main one.

So anyway, the chance of pulling a 5* from a Legendary Token is 15% (1.5 in 10 pulls, on average,) so if there are 3 5*s in the pool (which is the case for a non-Classic pull,) a dead average pull rate on 20 pulls with perfect distribution will give you one of each 5*.  I put a lot of qualifiers in there of course, but that gives you a decent rule of thumb - 20 pulls for one of each.  The more pulls, the more likely you are to get this average.

I'm afraid on 400 CP (16 pulls,) on an average pull rate, you're going to end up with 2 5*s.  That assumes average - I've had runs of 16 pulls where I got 5 5*s, and I've had others (many, many others, actually,) where I've pulled none.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Hoarding is really hard for me - I am now primarily a collector and doing all the "work" of collecting tokens and CP without opening it makes the game a drudge and makes me wanna quit- Now that I am looking to complete a few older 5* I do keep 250 CP on hand in case they are the required character and I can get a color i'm missing
  • XDarthVadarX
    @Alfje17, grimskald, TPF, Wonko

Hey Everyone! Thank you for all the kind advice. Glad to see the experience ones coming along this post.  :smile:

Well, I have tried several ways before, at the beginning, once I hit at least 20 or 25 CP, or a LL, I pull it like the last quarter in the jackpot and this, depend on luck until I read up a few posts and decided the best way to go to farm 4* & 5* without been pathetic for HP to open up slots is to farm CP over a period of time.

Of course, this needs alot of effort to get full rewards for both story and PvP, but I have been getting used to it now. I will not sell those in the stacks especially 2* & 3* as they are useful if they are essential for story. As for PvP, I just have to suck it up and pull through 75 rounds and that's it.

Unless, in the future, I can have a strong alliance or can kick some balls with powerful champion 4* and 5*, I will just continue to farm CP to open.

In the end, what more great pleasure can you get when you are able to press the 'open classic legend' for 20 times and see what you have. It will be like opening Christmas present in a quick mode.  :#

I will like you guys know when I managed 400 CP and what I got in the end... Just hope it will not be like what Grimskald experienced before. (400 pulls and no 5*?!@#) Gosh... I guess I start swinging my light sabar around the house then. 

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the advise, trying my luck to get and upgrade my 4 and 5 stars so that it is easier to compete in PVP
    This may seem like it's going to happen. but it doesn't. you can make your roster better, but you're always competing against others with the same or higher level rosters.

if you want to compete in PVP you need 5* thor/okoye/kitty and 4*rocket & root. that's basically it. target those4 characters.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    jredd said:
    if you want to compete in PVP you need 5* thor/okoye/kitty and 4*rocket & root. that's basically it. target those4 characters.

No, you don't need all those 4 characters. The only one that matters is Thor. The rest is just added bonus. But unless you're looking at feeders, or Bonus5*, you'll never get them covered. I think the devs are not milking the vaults with Thor/okoye/kitty. So you may end up getting lucky later on with the ridiculous second 5* vaults.

Personally, i wish those 4 would die already. It's been a year and we are still getting garbage 5* characters, no meta characters, and 4* characters that are way better than the 5*(bishop, carol, iceman, luke cage and 4fist.

In short, just hoard and wait to see if they accidentally make a decent 5* character.
  • XDarthVadarX
    @illusionist_KA

I agree with you too and the only possible way to get 4* and 5* is to hoard. And really, it depends on the PVP match up too, as certain characters are powered up and deal more damage then usual.

Example like current gambit PVP, captain marvel 4* deals 10K plus damage and can end the match pretty fast when black comes along well.

To keep me from going to play the game, I just want to farm enough CP till 400 (as a target) and open up everything to see what comes along. In the end, just have to manage and see which characters till then are strong enough for me to use and rotate and this will keep on as a process to get stronger in the game.

One thing I really hope is new stories and support missions to keep the game interesting. Some stories make the first round to 48 hours before the 2nd round and it is quite pathetic to play again the rounds without rewards to score a few points just to climb the ladder. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Captain Marvel 4* will be dealing more like around 24k damage boosted. She does 10k+ simply champed!

Good luck with your mini horde but prepare for good and bad - I am currently on a zero 5* and zero 4* bonus heroes from my last 40 pulls over different stores (Iceman's, Latest and Classic) and so I am basically forced into horde mode as well as I don't have Iceman so will have to wait for him to hit tokens - RNG can cause pain but hopefully you will get lots of useful 4's any way regardless of any 5's.
  • A_Wise_Man
    A_Wise_Man Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Theres plenty of reasons to hoard.  Not all of them have to do with the ideas of a select few on how to "best" play the game.  Some people do it to get the latest 5s or to save HP for slots or whatever.  That's fine.  That's not the way everyone wants to play.

Also, from the sounds of it, Darth is still building 4 stars.  Trying to hoard for 3 latest 5s if you haven't finished the 4s is a bad idea.  It's not sustainable in terms of getting more 5 stars and if the wrong store is pulled it may make gameplay far worse rather than better.  Classics are still the best way to build up 4 stars.  It's a free pull every 5th pull.  Personally, I hate hoarding.  It's boring and probably bad for the game.  I'll do it for like a week to get enough pulls where I'll probably get at least one 5 out of it, get that one 5 and wait another week.  Builds up some while letting me track how I'm doing for latests.  

The other comments on who is running what in pvp - yes, a lot of people only run thor okoye and kitty.  But also see daredevil, hela, doom, thanos, panther, strange, Black suit spiderman, Jessica jones and black bolt regularly.  So you cant say you can *only* pvp with those 3.  It's just not true. 

@XDarthVadarX keep it up!  Make sure you report back on what you get, I know I'm interested to find out.
  • XDarthVadarX
    @A_Wise_Man

250 CP to go to reach 400! Haha... Had a thought to just save whatever CP I can accumulate until Christmas and open all like a Marvel Christmas gift to me...

Yes, you are absolutely right, I have almost all the 4* and on average about 6 to 7 abilities in them. Hopefully, can max them out for some characters. These are all accumulated either from stories, PVP or Heroics and most of the time when I store enough at 20 or 25 CP and just open straight away. 

Right now have a few 5*, some classic and some new but only 2 abilities max each. All my 3* champions and levelling up... slowly. Still opening slots while saving HP and this is sla slow process, maybe a slot can be available every 1 and a half week or so on average.

I have only 3 2* character for Deadpool event plus 90 over 3* and 2* to recycle for essential characters to both stories and deadpool events.

Well, I decided not to waste my CP on Latest anymore, so Classic is cool for me in this 400 CP setup. Will definitely update when I open all the 400 CP at a go... Hopefully luck is on my side that day.

P. S. I had a time where I opened 3 Classic at a go, but I timed it maybe like ten seconds interval and had 3 5* at one go....this was the one and only time and most of the time, I noticed it was easier for me to collect 5* past midnight between 2 to 3 am... Don't know it is true but it happens to me. I never have a 5* if I can remember correctly outside this time.

Will update again on the 20 pulls on classic when I hit 400 CP soon... The X House is quite a challenge, my only strongest is 3* magneto champion and try using blue as many times as possible, bishop 4* (yeah, his red passive) and 3* cyclops (red and black)

The rest, not strong or good enough to use in this event yet. 
  • XDarthVadarX

So can't wait for it and here goes:

Just opened 9 Classic Legends

1. Spiderman Peter Parker 5* Red
    2. Miles Morales 4* Red
    3. War Machine 4* Green
    4. Jean Grey 4* Purple
    5. The Thing 4* Red
    6. Spiderman 5* Back in Black Blue
    7. Captain America 5* Infinity War Red
    8. Thanos Endgame 4* Green
    9. Thanos Mad Titan 5* Purple

This is the exact order. Except for Spiderman Peter Parker 5* which I have already 2, all the rest are new characters. As for the 4*, they just add on to the existing, no champs yet. 
  • XDarthVadarX
    After opening 2nd to 6th times, I paused awhile, maybe a min before continuing. Same goes after 8th turn, I paused awhile before opening the last one. 
  • XDarthVadarX
    @OJSP

I always think that this is in sequence and random so it depends on the timing of when you pull.

Wow... That's the first I heard. 
  • XDarthVadarX
    Wow, this is I don't know good or bad. It is like everything will be pre-fixed already. And I don't know whether there is still fun in hoarding.