To Devs - is this it?

Projectus2501
Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
So, for many months we have not seen any game developments except for small corrections. As a matter of fact we have seen some drawbacks like the poorly designed supports. Unfortunately the rate of new hero releases hasn't diminished, making the game harder and harder for new players, imo. As a result, there is no more what we could call endgame content since 36 5* heroes cannot be called that because of its everincreasing quantity.
So, the future of mpq doesn't look very bright. The main question to you, the Devs (if there are any developers atm) is: is there anything new coming to mpq? Any new game modes for instance? Or, is this it?

Thank you.

Comments

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    Just a hunch but with no more Marvel cinematic tie-ins for at least a year, I think they will have some breathing space to address the list of issues we've been bringing up. 
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Or maybe they're just happy to have some vacation time.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder what kind of content the OP is looking for......

The game modes haven't significantly changed since day 1 (or whenever VS began).....DDQ is just a daily PVE.  Anything that has come along has been tweaks or changes to scoring, timing, etc.  The 1v1 in the recent Far From Home Boss event is the biggest thing recently.  Hybrid PVP is still just PVP with a different measure of progress towards rewards.

The fact is the game is 6 years old.  Everything they add is layering onto that code from way back when.

It is what it is.  If they added, say, an updated Support Circuit that gave out better rewards (maybe some covers) and perhaps ran on a different schedule which didn't require an extra PVE grind one day a week....that would be a nice thing to have for a lot of players, but it would still just be a differently structured piece of PVE content.

Whether that would be enough for someone would be up to each individual player.  But I think expecting something dramatically new to be introduced will only result in disappointment.  There is abundant risk in developing a completely new thing vs continuing the formula that has worked; that would only be pursued when the current model begins to fail producing expected revenue.  (Putting aside what is even possible.)  And whales keep on whalin'.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    If the answer is YES:  Wouldn't admitting to it lead to an immediate mass exodus of players and cut into $ they hope to make?  They would never give you this answer, even if it were true.

If the answer is NO:  On the forums, they're not going to announce anything new as a response to your thread. They will announce it, as they always do, through a Brigby pinned announcement.  You're not getting any information this way.

If they say nothing:  "The devs never communicate with us and it's a giant middle-finger to us, their ever-loyal, positive, and appreciative customers."

Assuming yes, no, and absolutely nothing are the only viable options...you have a point.
  • Projectus2501
    I disagree. Adding something "dramatically" new does not, necessarily, modifies any existing content. And, if well done, could even attract new players.

Adding similar pve or boss events and heroes every 2 weeks, now that seems unappealing to old players and  strangles new ones.

But yeah... Mb it is what it is.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isnt the year whatever event soon? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isnt the year whatever event soon? 
    Anniversary?  6th one is in October. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    After the support curcuit fail they focused on cinema tie ins and now they will he focused on Anniversary.  Anniversary might have something new but will probably be new characters and new boss events.  I actually think new content would come in January like when they rolled out champ rewards.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I still wish they'd expand on the Prologue — the game play that actually got me into the game  as opposed to getting the old Bag-Man switcheroo into a competitive system. I don't mind some competition, but having it become the sole experience has always been odd to me. Oh Gauntlet, where for art thou?

I'm hoping they have something planned as the character pool is going to start thinning, unless we move into another Marvel franchise... like Star Wars! Pew pew pew! *queue Trench Run music*
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I disagree. Adding something "dramatically" new does not, necessarily, modifies any existing content. And, if well done, could even attract new players.

Case in point, championing. Throwing away 3* and 2* covers because I didn't get lucky enough to earn a 4* cover was killing my enjoyment of the game. Right as I was about to quit, championing came in and suddenly I had a new lease of life.

Got to say though, at this point all of my 3*s are max level with duplicates being levelled up. I have all but the latest three 4*s champed and I've got 21 champed 5*s with 15 left to do.

I'm so done. I'm seriously considering when my VIP runs out just shutting down my alliance and giving up. I'd have a lot more free time.
  • First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    New character releases and S.H.I.E.L.D training are huge money grabs for them so as long as it brings them money that’s all we are going to see in the game.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game is sort of on autopilot right now, it happens with long-life games, new content or new mechanics, or even a complete re-work of a-lot of unseen aspects can take loads of time (like the support circuit hiatus), but think of companies like Blizzard. I still play Diablo 3 to this day (with my wife) because every few months, they give us new seasons and new small stuff, but once a year or so, something is added that we never expected, and it is wonderful.   I know Blizzard doesn't charge when they add things to older games, but they take the time to add the content anyway. Here's hoping we are currently on autopilot for a little bit, so when new content is released, we are thirsty for it and it can renew our spark.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof said:
    The game is sort of on autopilot right now, it happens with long-life games, new content or new mechanics, or even a complete re-work of a-lot of unseen aspects can take loads of time (like the support circuit hiatus), but think of companies like Blizzard. I still play Diablo 3 to this day (with my wife) because every few months, they give us new seasons and new small stuff, but once a year or so, something is added that we never expected, and it is wonderful.   I know Blizzard doesn't charge when they add things to older games, but they take the time to add the content anyway. Here's hoping we are currently on autopilot for a little bit, so when new content is released, we are thirsty for it and it can renew our spark.
    This sums it up very well actually.  I am kind of semi-retired at the moment.  Started losing interest shortly after they ditched the split in tokens with the latest 12 getting a better chance of getting pulled.  Got really tired quickly of trying to kill myself to try and get covers for new characters for shield training to find it's impossible for anyone with an semblance of a life to actually do it.  Not I do deadpool daily and whatever pve i feel like which is typically not much.  I kind of feel like eventually something will be done about dilution so I haven't given up, but I can't justify the time sink anymore.  I am literately hoarding just about everything though as I only open standards, elites, tacos and anything I know has no chance of repeating like the stores for new releases. (plus I'll pull from latest whenever a new 4* is a requirement but only until I get 1 cover)  Otherwise it all feels so pointless right now.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Malcrof said:
    I envy you.... the only game I could ever play with my wife was little big planet on the PS2 and that only lasted a few days. 
  • Projectus2501
    Yeah... The autopilot thing seems like a good explanation. I just worry that this is a fase in this type of games and that the next fase is just let the game wither and slowly die. There's a lot of potential in this game, and lots of good things. Would be a shame to see it disappear by lack of investment. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    There are so many things that could have been made and have not... Featured 5s for PvP, more feeders, more content for locked chars (just for 4s or just for 3s, etc.), Super Hard Gauntlet forcing you to use a particular team, Crash of the 5s in DDQ, modes specific to get supports, etc, etc. And a lot of those would not require a lot of work and would bring more variety.
    Sadly, I think they don't care anymore :(