Sinister Six Doc Ock RNG Craziness

2»

Comments

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    My alliance is filled with people just beginning to champ their 3*. I recommended they use gsbw at 4/4/5, switch and Thor so he can make more green for gsbw.  They’ve been surviving so far but are starting to lose due to match damage.

The three boss wave is definitely harder on young rosters than any single boss with the possible exception of apocalypse.

I am transitioning to 5* realm so it’s been easy but I’d be surprised if we clear round five. It does not need to be harder or the game eliminates half the player base.  I’m all in favor of the mentioned iso reward for exceeding max progression.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Happily discovered Kitty takes out his tiles this event.
    Another option if you have him is Blackbolt.
    When in doubt, just blow up the whole board.

I've been running Blackbolt, Kitty, and R4G the whole event and it's never even close.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Rhipf said:
    For all the lower tier players, I am using 3* Doc Strange, Spider-man and Black Widow. As long as you don't get a bad board and as long as Doc Oc isn't in the first wave using Black Widow's red to remove the countdown damage absorbing tile is very effective.
    This can work with Doc Oc in first wave but the board needs to have a significant amount of red right away. If the board is purple heavy you can maybe use Widow's purple to form a 4 tile green chain that can also take out the timer.

P.S. yes I wrote it Doc Oc not Doc Ock. There is no "k" in Octavius or octopus. I guess I could have gone with Doc Oct and assumed a silent "t". :)
    Doctor October
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    okoye's red wipes out the countdown tile too. if you have her.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    boosted Vision really shines for 3* players:
    Mine is maxxchamped but with his Heavy Density tile he is matching for 2-3k. A lucky cascade can dismantle a boss. His straight red with no chase CD hits hard and wipes the cross pattern, albeit at random., but can hit just right sometimes! He was all alone on one of those Sandman rounds and was able to withstand constant cascades and wipes of his Light Density tile but just able to recast, recast; eventually get the red, get the red. His blue/red combo is super effective on the Goblin matches.
    I was running him with 3*Loki and 1*boosted Spider-Man. Carnage & Sandman both get a lot of match 4s so loki gives a bunch of stolen AP and then his purple can get those bad dr tiles out the corners. Or Spidey drops some crits for vis to punch up these crooks. 

Speaking of random cheating: I watched Carnage get two black match4's in a row on his frenzy. I have never seen so many AI shufflecascades into red and black.  It was somewhere around the first death and his 18th black AP that I just , backed out; took the L and went back to a side node.
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    I've had great luck with God Doom.  His yellow reshuffles the board to dig tentacle tiles out of those hard to reach places, and he heals every time Sandman matches yellow.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    okoye's red wipes out the countdown tile too. if you have her.
    I had totally forgotten this.  I usually run Okoye with Thor and JJ so Okoye's red is usually the last I think of using.  Appreciate the reminder.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okoye worked well against him. You could also use 3 star Gsbw to make a 4 match in in the same row or column of the CD tile. You could also use switch to charge her purple if needed. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okoye worked well against him. You could also use 3 star Gsbw to make a 4 match in in the same row or column of the CD tile. You could also use switch to charge her purple if needed. 
    GSBW can shoot the special tile, too.