Sinister Six Doc Ock RNG Craziness

LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
Yes, I understand RNG (I was a math major, which is worth not much but it was fun in college) but for my first nine tries at Doc Ock in Sinister Six every single time the final tentacle was place in either the bottom left or bottom right corner.  Every.  Single.  Time.  I won a few but lost most of them even with tile swappers, the bottom corners are horrible.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Get rid of the countdown tile instead of going after the tentacles - you can use Cho Hulk green, Rogue red, Match 4, Gwenpool purple and probably more I can't think of at present to destroy it - Ock gets stunned and is vulnerable to normal attacks.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Vulture at 5/4/4 slays this event, particularly with Okoye to compensate for the reduced green damage; it was his release event, so the first run he wasn't around to own it, but if you have him, he's your guy. At 4 blue, he's destroying the maximum number of enemy specials, but green still does decent damage. I've been fielding Okoye (5/4/1 lvl 400) /Vulture/Main Event (who i run whenever he's boosted because he's awesome) and walking right through
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Probably because they have those countdowns over the top of them? i wouldn't have expected that lol
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spider Woman has been the winner of this event, hands down!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Secret weapon:  Cho.

He can punch away Doc Ock's skull countdown.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    MegaBee said:
    Kitty Pryde phasing through tentacle tiles was a delightful surprise.
    Especially since the good doctor doesn't move any tiles, so your overwrite is never at risk.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Secret weapon:  Cho.

He can punch away Doc Ock's skull countdown.
    I haven't tried it, but I imagine Rogue and GSBW would also work.
  • Johnmcclaneisback
    Johnmcclaneisback Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    4* Cyclop's red and Ock is gone
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    My go-to has been Cho Hulk & 50% Gladiator Thor:
    - Cho Green for Doc Oc's Countdown tile or Venom Invisible Tiles
    - Thor Green for Venom while he's Invisible (one-shot kill) and green acceleration, and Red to one-shot pretty much any of the bosses.

3rd character almost doesn't matter.  I use OML because he's boosted so he tanks Black & Yellow.
    I'd imagine Okoeye Red would be strong here too, but depending on the Boss order, getting 11 Red probably takes longer than getting the green from the above 2 characters I use.
    Didn't think about Rogue Red; that could be good too, but again will take longer to get the needed 12 Red than the Green.

• Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Used thorkoye and just used okoye red to take it out
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    For all the lower tier players, I am using 3* Doc Strange, Spider-man and Black Widow. As long as you don't get a bad board and as long as Doc Oc isn't in the first wave using Black Widow's red to remove the countdown damage absorbing tile is very effective.
    This can work with Doc Oc in first wave but the board needs to have a significant amount of red right away. If the board is purple heavy you can maybe use Widow's purple to form a 4 tile green chain that can also take out the timer.

P.S. yes I wrote it Doc Oc not Doc Ock. There is no "k" in Octavius or octopus. I guess I could have gone with Doc Oct and assumed a silent "t". :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Grey Suit Widow/Strang3/IM40 is probably a strong team for that as well
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Scarlet Witch or Kamala Khan are also reasonable batteries for GSBW in 3* land.  A lucky board and clever use of Quicksilver or Bullseye could potentially line up a match 4 to destroy the (non-tentacle) countdown tile.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,231 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used cho, 5 star panther, and 5 star thanos.  It works great not only because cho destroys the countdown tile with his green but also due to some sort of glitch, everytime i used cho's green to destroy the countdown, if it was also enought damage to kill doc ock (which in the early part of it, it was) then court death would activate after the next sinister 6 boss showed up and instanly down them too.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Scarlet Witch or Kamala Khan are also reasonable batteries for GSBW in 3* land.  A lucky board and clever use of Quicksilver or Bullseye could potentially line up a match 4 to destroy the (non-tentacle) countdown tile.
    GSBW is an MVP on bosses where you have to snipe tiles off the board. People like to fixate on that big green, but if you set it so that she places maximum green on purple, you can put down match-4 line clears basically any place you want. Her red similarly can blow out huge swaths of the board. In the team I first mentioned, I'd say swapping out Strang3 for SWitch would be ideal.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    At any tier, there's someone who can do this. All the way down to 1* Hawkeye. Actually, 2* is an exception, with Bullseye as close as it gets, but his green and black can still combine for pretty good board control.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    At any tier, there's someone who can do this. All the way down to 1* Hawkeye. Actually, 2* is an exception, with Bullseye as close as it gets, but his green and black can still combine for pretty good board control.
    2* magneto is a board control legend as well. You get to place 3 blue and create random red, and then his 2 other countdown powers have the potential to blast the entire board clean if you're so inclined. I think he's better with his red maxed out for regular use, but when you absolutely need to reset that entire board...
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    TAH is who always used before I got Kitty.