Please fix this waste of a boss event

Tony_Foot
Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
Like many others we have had one refresh and finished. My nodes are level 33 and I have my tokens. Civil war is excellent and gives you a reason to keep playing past day 2 but to be finished before 15 hours have passed, come on the points need fixing.

Yep there will be loads of people saying woohoo time off but I actually enjoy the game. Boss events in general are not very challenging but CW keeps you playing as did the 1v1 nodes in the FFH event.

They don’t even need to make it harder, just please add some more tokens iso anything to keep going after 15 hours! Or run something else as well.

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want to draw things out longer, you could ask everyone in your alliance to retreat after beating one boss rather than completing all three.  I suspect that would make the event take roughly the same amount of time as other boss events, and you'd still all be able to hit personal progression.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Borstock said:
    The easiest way for them to give us all incentive to keep playing is to dramatically raise the points threshold for all the current rewards. 

Be careful what you wish for, Jafar. Phenomenal cosmic power.....itty bitty living space.
    I would like to see them implement getting ISO for every x points over the last reward... although I'm guessing they should do that after they figure out something else higher level players can spend it on. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    peterdark said:
    Borstock said:
    The easiest way for them to give us all incentive to keep playing is to dramatically raise the points threshold for all the current rewards. 

Be careful what you wish for, Jafar. Phenomenal cosmic power.....itty bitty living space.
    I would like to see them implement getting ISO for every x points over the last reward... although I'm guessing they should do that after they figure out something else higher level players can spend it on. 
    They kind've already do that, though. The nodes reset and are worth 500 iso each.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Borstock said:
    peterdark said:
    Borstock said:

They kind've already do that, though. The nodes reset and are worth 500 iso each.
    oh, i meant for event rewards, not the nodes. That could then be applied to all events as well, rather than people just stopping after hitting the last reward.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    peterdark said:
    Borstock said:
    peterdark said:
    Borstock said:

oh, i meant for event rewards, not the nodes. That could then be applied to all events as well, rather than people just stopping after hitting the last reward.
    I know what you meant.  But the OP wants a reason to keep playing. Your suggestion was additional ISO and my point is that there is already gettable additional iso out there in the event even after you've finished progression.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    The points on this event have always struck me as out of whack for personal progression compared to the others, but even so my alliance never gets any further than the second 4*. I know I'm as guilty as anyone of hitting full personal and tapping out the last couple refreshes on most boss events though, so something else to push for even though you know there is no possible way you can get that next alliance reward might get me to stay with it
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    As someone who is in a top alliance many of us love this event because we do get the 2-3 days off from playing PVE.  I personally like all boss events because you can complete them early, but they can also be completed by most alliances as well.  
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    If the rewards for the round 8 boses didn't end then there would be a reason to keep beating them.
    My alliance has completed this and so far 12 of us have completed person progression.
    Some are still playing and some have bowed out.
    Personally, I'm still doing the side fights, mostly hoping for tokens or CP as intercepts. The bosses I just make 1 match and quit.

If the boses continued to give rewards then they would be worth continuing to fight.
    It could be random minor things or perhaps set incremental increases, for example:
    500 iso, 500 red iso, elite token, command point,
    1000 iso, 1000 red iso, heroic token, 2 command points,
    1500 iso, 1500 red iso, event vault token, 5 command points,
    2500 iso, 2500 red iso, latest legends token, 10 cp.

Just as examples.
    Besides giving players something to keep playing for, it rewards alliances for finishing sooner.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    1)Why don't the competitive alliances, in addition to bragging about first ones done, see who can get the highest alliance score?
    2)How about you get double iso once you hit personal prog, then once your alliance has hit their prog you get 3x iso? Is 1000 iso worth it, 1500? I would probably grind out my checks every 8. I know some of the top end players that are finishing soso early are probably already post-iso but aren't ya'll supposed to be over in PvP getting like 4k points per event to try and get those stones? 
    2b)postprog: cp for every boss win. Side nodes gain the bosses x/5 reward table; but replacing the 250iso reward with 500riso. 
    3)RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!!  RUN THE GAUNTLET!!!! 

I'm sorry this event sucks for you, I like em puzzley-er too (#freeFfW) but It's been nice this weekend: I went to bed earlier last night and woke up with the strangest feeling: is this what rest feels like? 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    purplemur said:
    1)Why don't the competitive alliances, in addition to bragging about first ones done, see who can get the highest alliance score?
    2)How about you get double iso once you hit personal prog, then once your alliance has hit their prog you get 3x iso? Is 1000 iso worth it, 1500? I would probably grind out my checks every 8. I know some of the top end players that are finishing soso early are probably already post-iso but aren't ya'll supposed to be over in PvP getting like 4k points per event to try and get those stones? 
    2b)postprog: cp for every boss win. Side nodes gain the bosses x/5 reward table; but replacing the 250iso reward with 500riso. 
    3)RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!!  RUN THE GAUNTLET!!!! 

I'm sorry this event sucks for you, I like em puzzley-er too (#freeFfW) but It's been nice this weekend: I went to bed earlier last night and woke up with the strangest feeling: is this what rest feels like? 
    Here is the one thing about your idea.  Top alliance members don’t need iso.  I am personally sitting on 7 million iso and 61k HP and am a FTP player.  the resource I care about is CP to continue to champ 5* characters and get champ rewards for the other tiers.  IT would take a lot for me to play the whole weekend on a boss event as I prefer the time off over grinding down hellish side nodes.  I will do it for civil war but that is about it.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    My opponents are currently lvl 436, and I don’t need iso. I’m not going to waste my time for any amount of it. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't understand why there is no middle ground.  Why are the first several rounds so easy and then it jumps up into bizarro "I hate this" rounds?  Why can't it progress without making things so difficult in the end?  Maybe it's just me.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    No, leave the event alone, is fine
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Meanwhile, over in casual-land, I expect that it's going to take the entire length of the event for me to accumulate enough points for personal progression, because the level scaling essentially locks out at least half of my alliance after the first day and a half of refreshes.
    Okay, it surprisingly only took about two days for me to hit personal progression.  However, I think I would up playing to roughly 1.5x personal progression to drag my mostly sub-4* transition alliance to round 5 completion.