What do you want adjusted or changed in PvP?

1235»

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    shardwick said:
    Phumade said:
    shardwick said:
    1. When you join a season you choose your clearance level and then you would choose between 4* and 5* pvp. So if you're tired of the 5* tier, or are a 4* player and sick of seeing Kitty in every match, then come down and play in 4* pvp. And as jtsings mentioned it would mean that people could level up their 5s so they could play with them in pve and not have to worry about screwing up their pvp experience.

2. Bots in pvp. Similar to seed teams but these would be bots on your level that would offer rewards instead of points. Each season could have its own special vault that can only be accessed with special tokens won from those matches. There would be a separate node for these matches and the first ten wins would give rewards, any win after would give nothing similar to fighting a boss after you get all of those rewards. 
    But do you really want to be innudated with 370 4*? pvp  There are lot of people with maxchamped 4* now.  It get pretty tedious for people who can't match up with those whales.  and you can be assured they WILL drop down knowing they have the 4* events on lockdown.
    Dude those same people are already taking the top spots now so exactly what do you think would be different? I saw a roster the other day with a champed 5* Loki and NO champed 4s. With 4* pvp that same guy could go back to fighting against 3* and low level champed 4* players and then he could save his champed 5* Loki for pve. And to answer your question hell yes I would rather play 4* pvp with no 5s mixed in than the current pvp that's total junk. I dunno maybe you really enjoy fighting Kitty pretty much every match but it's damn annoying for me
    So exact same leaderboard and players, but now your facing dual 370 4* boosted to 479? This is really a bad trade off for most people. It is currently possible for a mid level (2-3 years of play, listened to the vets, hoarded their cp and unloaded into the right vault) roster to punch up with 3 meta champed 5* and be competive against the ftp whales who “only” have their 5* to the 460-470 range. But that mid level roster ( I.e. some who hoarded their way to success) will get crushed when that FTP whale gets to leverage their 4* star farm with 30+ 4* over 350.

At that point it will be impossible for young rosters to overtake established rosters. At least now, players can hoard their way to competive play.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Balance of Power PvP automatically levels the playing field for players in 1* land to 5* land because everyone is level 550. It solves MMR. It also solves "problem" about 95% of 4* being useless or "problem" about vets being "forced" to use the same 3 or 4 characters. However, based on past comments, this PvP is not popular at all among many in here.

The one change I want to see in SCL 7 - 9 PvP is the end of alliances coordinating to jack up PvP points.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Balance of Power PvP automatically levels the playing field for players in 1* land to 5* land because everyone is level 550. It solves MMR. It also solves "problem" about 95% of 4* being useless or "problem" about vets being "forced" to use the same 3 or 4 characters. However, based on past comments, this PvP is not popular at all among many in here.

The one change I want to see in SCL 7 - 9 PvP is the end of alliances coordinating to jack up PvP points.
    BOP does not solve MMR.
    You get matched with opponents without boosts taken into consideration, so you're seeing the same rosters as every other PVP.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Combined Arms is a better balanced PvP in principle.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    shardwick said:
    Phumade said:
    shardwick said:
    1. When you join a season you choose your clearance level and then you would choose between 4* and 5* pvp. So if you're tired of the 5* tier, or are a 4* player and sick of seeing Kitty in every match, then come down and play in 4* pvp. And as jtsings mentioned it would mean that people could level up their 5s so they could play with them in pve and not have to worry about screwing up their pvp experience.

2. Bots in pvp. Similar to seed teams but these would be bots on your level that would offer rewards instead of points. Each season could have its own special vault that can only be accessed with special tokens won from those matches. There would be a separate node for these matches and the first ten wins would give rewards, any win after would give nothing similar to fighting a boss after you get all of those rewards. 
    But do you really want to be innudated with 370 4*? pvp  There are lot of people with maxchamped 4* now.  It get pretty tedious for people who can't match up with those whales.  and you can be assured they WILL drop down knowing they have the 4* events on lockdown.
    Dude those same people are already taking the top spots now so exactly what do you think would be different? I saw a roster the other day with a champed 5* Loki and NO champed 4s. With 4* pvp that same guy could go back to fighting against 3* and low level champed 4* players and then he could save his champed 5* Loki for pve. And to answer your question hell yes I would rather play 4* pvp with no 5s mixed in than the current pvp that's total junk. I dunno maybe you really enjoy fighting Kitty pretty much every match but it's damn annoying for me
    So exact same leaderboard and players, but now your facing dual 370 4* boosted to 479? This is really a bad trade off for most people. It is currently possible for a mid level (2-3 years of play, listened to the vets, hoarded their cp and unloaded into the right vault) roster to punch up with 3 meta champed 5* and be competive against the ftp whales who “only” have their 5* to the 460-470 range. But that mid level roster ( I.e. some who hoarded their way to success) will get crushed when that FTP whale gets to leverage their 4* star farm with 30+ 4* over 350.

At that point it will be impossible for young rosters to overtake established rosters. At least now, players can hoard their way to competive play.
    So stay in 5* pvp. You act like literally everyone in 4* pvp will always be playing against dual 370s or something. Are you playing pvp in an alternate dimension where there is no MMR? My highest level character is level 311 so unless I climbed into the top 5 in regards to points most matches are going to be around my level no matter what anyway.
  • Phumade
    shardwick said:
    Phumade said:
    shardwick said:
    Phumade said:
    shardwick said:

So stay in 5* pvp. You act like literally everyone in 4* pvp will always be playing against dual 370s or something. Are you playing pvp in an alternate dimension where there is no MMR? My highest level character is level 311 so unless I climbed into the top 5 in regards to points most matches are going to be around my level no matter what anyway.

I gonna step away from the gameplay arguments for a second to explain why I doubt they will ever allow players to choose between 5* or 4* pvp events.

Letting players choose between 5* vs 4* events is equivalent to saying I don't have the roster to play hardcore players, and I want a simpler event where my roster can play and compete more effectively.  This is equivalent to saying I want to softcap pvp roster and not have the pressure to improve to get better placement.

I sincerely doubt and the devs have said it themselves that they don't ever want to reduce the pressure to force players to go for placement.  I think they have lots of data from how players soft capped in PVE to understand how players will react if given a choice between going up or down a level in competition. 

As far as gameplay goes,  established players have big 4* rosters, its part and parcel to how they acquired their 5*.  So yes I absolutely think you'll just see wave after wave of 360+ 4* duos.

And yes for players who's average score in pvp is over 1300, MMR is essentially nonexistent once they go past 1200.  Their ability to que opponents depend more on who is shielded and who is floating.  Actual roster and levels are minor factors compared to what's their score and who is out clogging ques and who is shielded.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    shardwick said:
    Phumade said:
    shardwick said:
    Phumade said:
    shardwick said:

I gonna step away from the gameplay arguments for a second to explain why I doubt they will ever allow players to choose between 5* or 4* pvp events.

Letting players choose between 5* vs 4* events is equivalent to saying I don't have the roster to play hardcore players, and I want a simpler event where my roster can play and compete more effectively.  This is equivalent to saying I want to softcap pvp roster and not have the pressure to improve to get better placement.

I sincerely doubt and the devs have said it themselves that they don't ever want to reduce the pressure to force players to go for placement.  I think they have lots of data from how players soft capped in PVE to understand how players will react if given a choice between going up or down a level in competition. 

As far as gameplay goes,  established players have big 4* rosters, its part and parcel to how they acquired their 5*.  So yes I absolutely think you'll just see wave after wave of 360+ 4* duos.

And yes for players who's average score in pvp is over 1300, MMR is essentially nonexistent once they go past 1200.  Their ability to que opponents depend more on who is shielded and who is floating.  Actual roster and levels are minor factors compared to what's their score and who is out clogging ques and who is shielded.

Why do you think that they would never softcap pvp when they already did that to pve with the 5* node? It was them saying hey if you don't want to deal with the 5* node then just drop down to cl6 and play a more relaxed game. Hell they did that with the change to difficulty based on clearance levels. There are high level 4* and 5* players all the way down on cl1 and cl2 in pve. Not everything has to be hyper competitive. Not everybody cares about placement either. If anything the people that focus more on always placing high tend to get burned out on the game faster. People just want to get enjoyment out of the game. I mean look at a lot of these posts about pvp lately and it's tons of people saying that pvp is incredibly boring playing the same characters over and over again. 
  • Phumade
    shardwick said:
    Phumade said:
    shardwick said:

Why do you think that they would never softcap pvp when they already did that to pve with the 5* node? It was them saying hey if you don't want to deal with the 5* node then just drop down to cl6 and play a more relaxed game. Hell they did that with the change to difficulty based on clearance levels. There are high level 4* and 5* players all the way down on cl1 and cl2 in pve. Not everything has to be hyper competitive. Not everybody cares about placement either. If anything the people that focus more on always placing high tend to get burned out on the game faster. People just want to get enjoyment out of the game. I mean look at a lot of these posts about pvp lately and it's tons of people saying that pvp is incredibly boring playing the same characters over and over again. 
    LOL I welcome 5* players soft capping themselves to CL6 and under.  It makes it near impossible for them to advance their rosters and ability to compete without spending lots and lots of cash.  And to be honest,  5* players don't play CL6 for relaxed experience.  Its because they don't have the 5e char and want to keep a competitive placement.  I.E. If you don't have the 5e char.  goto CL6 where your guaranteed T5 vs staying in CL7 where you can't play the 5e node and are competing for T20 AT BEST!!!!

Yep feel free to keep playing playing non competitively.  It just means more resources and rewards for the rest of us.

In any case, its the competitive drive that forces players to improve their rosters to access higher reward tiers and newer chars.  I'm very comfortable in saying 9 out of 10 players are competitive and want to improve their rosters/placements(which is code for covers for their roster).

So for all the non competitive PVP players.  Here's a tip to improve your experience.

Just retreat to the gritty/thorokeye teams.  Don't skip, enter the match and RETREAT.  It will lower your score and match you up with smaller opponents.  If you don't want to compete to earn covers etc.  H4H bundles will let you buy access to various covers etc or just stick with progression PVE.  Otherwise I don't know of a method that lets you build your roster without competing and playing for prizes.

And seriously, don't expect the devs to cater to noncompetitive players when its the competitive tier that OVERWHELMING drives spending.  I can say with utter confidence, 95% of the buy clubs and digital day warriors spent their money with the sole objective of improving their ability to compete for placement prizes. 

• BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker
    One thing I don't understand is the talk about walls at 700 or 1200. I did not ever reach 700 in a pvp event but frequently get bashed, maybe dependent on placement. But it is hard to stay out of top 100 if there's not much more than that playing.

Another point is the matching in general. A few minutes ago I got offered to play against someone with a 545 Kitty. When I looked at his roster I saw that he has more that a dozen championed 5* which are a lot stronger than my 453 Cable. So according to all the theories in this thread such a match could never happen, right?
    But obviously it does.

And yes, I think losing a dozen fights intentionally gets me one or two easy fights.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's because MMR takes into account your PvP scores as well. So, once you go below that 'line', you are back to your manageable targets.