PSA: Devs joining in on the 200th Episode of the PW3 Podcast tonight

13»

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thorkoye isn't that bad to fight against. It takes time for them to get going. I actually always fight them as it's an easy win. I mean if you really wanted to Nerf this team just take away Thors AP generation or make it so he only gains AP at 25% health or something. The board shuffle can generate enough ap by itself with matches.

Gritty starts hitting hard right out of the gate and can become super unmanageable with an unlucky board. If you can't down her in under 5 turns or clear the attack tiles forget about it. Lets be honest here, the simplest fix is reducing the number of grockets strike tiles he creates at the start but increasing there damage thus keeping the attack values the same but not allowing kitty to immediately take advantage of them. No need to over complicate anything or Nerf both of them to oblivion. 

To be clear though I hate nerfing, I'd rather see small tweaks or buffs to under used characters. For example; Archangel should be able to target enemies and send them airborne. How many 5 stars can send people airborne? If he has 8 or more blue at the start of the turn target 1 random enemy and send them airborne for 2 turns. 

I let kitty live as long as possible so she can buff the swords to crazy levels. Black suit spiderman ensures they are no threat. Then I stun kitty with daredevil stealing a large portion of her buffs and one shot her.

There is more than one way to skin a kitty.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Robbie collects the tiles that get destroyed by Hell Ride, same as Thor collects the tiles he destroys. If Hell Ride took advantage of Wakanda Forever, he'd be way better regarded than he is I think.

Since Hell Ride nibbles 2 of the 3 colors Damning Evidence appears on, having it on the board actually makes those traps way easier to find since most of what's left ends up being blue. So even though the are 2/3 overlap, GRRR and JJ pair up decently.
    Ah I see! I didn't realize it actually generated AP lol

Well if such a change did in fact help GR, then all the better. :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    That wasn't a change, it always gathered the AP. 

The change to Wakanda Forever! that happened early on, where it stopped adding bonus damage to powers that "only" destroy tiles (presumably to weaken Thorkoye but not effective in the end), had the unfortunate side effect of excluding Hell Ride from getting the bonus damage. Personally, I feel like Hell Ride should still count, since each nibble is doing 300% of base damage, which is a fundamental distinction over powers that only destroy the tiles and do a single match worth of damage. But in the bug thread they say working as designed so....