PSA: Devs joining in on the 200th Episode of the PW3 Podcast tonight

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Tonight, Thursday, July 11, the devs will be joining the live recording of the Puzzle Warriors 3 podcast at 7 PM EDT.

Anyone who wants to listen can do so via Discord.

Otherwise you can always listen to the podcast via download.

Congrats on the 200th Episode!

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    can we submit questions? 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    can we submit questions? 
    Just go to Discord.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Which question do you have that you think the devs aren’t aware of?
    They will answer what they can or want to.
    I am happy to get whatever they are willing to share.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Even money it'll be the same "we're discussing x things, they're coming soon, but we don't have any timeframe" PR statements. 
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    "We're aware of the situation, but aren't currently working on a solution..."
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2019
    One question I would love answered is why hasn't Banner been given a feeder. He's the oldest five that hasn't gotten one. Worst fives have gotten one, but for some reason he just keeps getting put in the corner. 

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Which question do you have that you think the devs aren’t aware of?
    They will answer what they can or want to.
    I am happy to get whatever they are willing to share.

Colog you know I respect and like you but no information isn't acceptable.  Also, what questions would I ask? 

DPD:

-Will there ever be a refresh for these nodes coming?

-Will the 2* nodes ever be updated to include some of the new characters that have been released

-Is there a reason why there are 2-2* nodes?

PVE:

-Since there have been updates to the new PVE's that have been released when it comes to the Yellow node, will you ever go back to the older PVE's and make these Yellow nodes a 1 turn locking node?

-Since you have done some 1 v 1 in the new PVE's will you add these into the older PVE's?

-Is there a chance that Heroics will ever line again?

-Will the Ally Raid events run again?  It seems they all came out and then...poof.

-With the new Boss event having a 1 v 1 node, will older Boss events be updated to have this?

-Will non-timed PVE's ever happen?

-Gauntlet will this ever happen again?

PVP/LR's/SIM:

-Will MMR ever be updated because the levels that you are able to see and fight against are all jacked up.

-Since Cupcakes where killed in PVP and SIM, why are they still love in LR's?  Shouldn't that be shut down too?

-Will LR's ever be updated......only 3+ years now?

-Will Sim rewards ever be updated to more than 2000?

Supports:

-See other Support thread, not listing this all here.

Misc:

-Wil shield rank be raised above 200?

-Open all button for tokens.

While I can go on and on and on and on, this is where I would start.

• kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    So nothing interesting came of this? Wow....
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Thanos said:
    Show was a bust. Dev's put the kaibosh on all the usual pertinent questions before the show even started. Would've preferred the dev's weren't even on to be honest, they ruined a perfectly good show.
    Was there a list of questions they said they will not answer?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any transcript? B)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    So what was the show about then? Was Midnight here so missed it.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for posting this.  I didn’t get a chance to listen live so I look forward to the podcast and hear from the Dev’s
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    This was my question. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised it was promptly thrown into the waste-bin, doused with gasoline, burned, had the ashes thrown into a separate waste-bin, then exploded.

“What are their thoughts on the 5* meta being the same two characters for the last 13 months? Was it really their intention to make PVP "autoplay mode," where the game basically plays itself for you? Do they realize they've created a synergy so powerful, one could theoretically play PVP for hours and not use a single healthpack? Do they have plans to rework and correct this meta at all, or is it fine as is for the rest of the life of the game? Asking for a friend...”
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was my question. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised it was promptly thrown into the waste-bin, doused with gasoline, burned, had the ashes thrown into a separate waste-bin, then exploded.

“What are their thoughts on the 5* meta being the same two characters for the last 13 months? Was it really their intention to make PVP "autoplay mode," where the game basically plays itself for you? Do they realize they've created a synergy so powerful, one could theoretically play PVP for hours and not use a single healthpack? Do they have plans to rework and correct this meta at all, or is it fine as is for the rest of the life of the game? Asking for a friend...”
    Your numbers are a tad off. Okoye has been out for closer to 15 months.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Ray did ask it in some capacity though, so I do appreciate him for asking it in a “cleaned up” manner. Of course, they aren’t going to do any “gotcha” questions, but I wish they would have offered a bit more insight than the fact that they didn’t see the Thokoye meta coming. I’m guessing they aren’t going to do anything to change it or fix it.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ray did ask it in some capacity though, so I do appreciate him for asking it in a “cleaned up” manner. Of course, they aren’t going to do any “gotcha” questions, but I wish they would have offered a bit more insight than the fact that they didn’t see the Thokoye meta coming. I’m guessing they aren’t going to do anything to change it or fix it.
    I doubt they saw gritty either. As long as they can get something else strong too it's fine. The more strong "meta" teams we have the better. Gritty at least has a little bit more of a health pack drain than thorkoye. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    This is why they need player input. We see the synergies they don’t. 

Obviously it’s a lot easier to focus on how the game plays when you aren’t trying to make characters work from scratch, but you literally have people who have been playing for 6 years. Longer than a bunch of the devs have even been employed at Demiurge. 
    They really should implement a user roundtable that shares thoughts every couple of weeks or so.  There are plenty of people who would volunteer for this.  Based on forum activity, and game based metrics, they could easily reach out to players in different stages of engagement/progression.  Rotate players out once in a while so that different voices can be heard.  It doesn't mean they have to implement anything we would suggest, but at least they'd get constructive criticism in a more concise way.