You get a Bag-Man, you get a Bag-Man...

ZootSax
ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
New Spider-Man Far From Home vault has the most Bag-Mans I’ve seen outside of April Fool’s.

Just FYI for the farmers out there who never look at the 2*’s in a vault.
Tagged:

Comments

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Ya I saw that, so I bought a 10 pack and got 3 of them
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a yellow with my free token. I’ve been slowly rebuilding my 2nd bagman after max-champing my first a little while back so I’ll takw whatever they throw my way.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Go get a little closer to that LT from bagman makes it all worth while!
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I got a Blue BagSpidey with mine.
    Really could have used the Blue IronSpidey instead.

I've bought out some of these types of vaults before, but this one does nothing for me other than the IronSpidey cover.
    Just not worth it this time.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    These vaults are always an instant buy. 40 pulls for just under 100 HP a pop.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I spend way too much HP chasing, but I am the proud owner of a second fully champed Bag-Man. Time for a third?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a Bag-man!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Couldn’t throw a Spider-Ham cover into that vault? That’s a bad job.
    Well he's not part of Far From Home but...I agree.
    Considering he was meant to be like Howard the Duck, he's appeared in precisely 1 event since his release.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Oo, thanks for pointing that out!
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    My free token yielded a Moonstone, because of course it did.
    I only need a single non-purple Bagman to champ him. Now to decide if I want to try my luck with a 10pack or wait for Anniversary...
  • Acemontiero
    Acemontiero Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    @AlexR Why not just play PvP? Bagman will turn up eventually. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I bought it out. 9 bagman is actually hard to earn.  Unless the game glitches and drops 5 bagmen in a row.  I would normally expect 10 covers to take around a month to earn and that’s with high volume play (75 pvp events, plus diligent Lr participation.)  As a guess, 1* drop rate means 900 wins to get 9 covers.  Most vets are entering Post HP phase, so this was a welcome vault and a no brainer buy, esp if your at that phase of the game where you don’t need roster slots.

to give you perspective,   Bagman covers don’t come from tokens.  They only drop from match victories, so the guys with 5+ max champs....
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Pulls, doesn't get a bagman.  I feel left out :(
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was shocked when I won a Bagman in the Deadpool PVP.  Haven't seen him in ages :)
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I do play PvP. I get to 2k points in Sim and play every pvp event either to 575pts or 40wins/900pts depending on time and if I need the 4* cover. But in the last half a year I only got 2 Bagman covers, one of them being another purple. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Free pull yeilded a 3* Spiderman.
    The vault is a pretty good value so I bought a 10pack figuring even if it took 4 of them it would only be 50hp more than buying the 40.
    Got 4* Spidey, 3 Bagmen, and resources. That's 1/2 the 4*s, and 1/3 the Bagmans from 1/4 of the vault. Decided to stop here.
    It could possibly take 3 more 10 packs for Nick Fury which would suck, and while Bags are nice, I'm on my 4th one so no biggie to not get a few more levels on him.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    AlexR said:
    I do play PvP. I get to 2k points in Sim and play every pvp event either to 575pts or 40wins/900pts depending on time and if I need the 4* cover. But in the last half a year I only got 2 Bagman covers, one of them being another purple. 
    My PvP play is similar to yours and like you, I get a Bagman cover every 2-3 months.

I'm convinced the 2* drop rate in PvP is tied to the team you face so that if you are beating up on lesser teams (3 and 4* teams) you get a far lower 2* drop rate than if you are beating up on teams with 5* characters (or the average level for the enemy team must be 350+). It's  the only explanation why the 5* rosters seem to get endless Bagman drops while 4*s rosters do not.

KGB

P.S. I bought a 10 pack and got the Iron Spider cover plus 2 BagMan covers so I'm happy.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    AlexR said:
    My free token yielded a Moonstone, because of course it did.
    I only need a single non-purple Bagman to champ him. Now to decide if I want to try my luck with a 10pack or wait for Anniversary...
    High five buddy, two star Marvel here.
  • Acemontiero
    Acemontiero Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    AlexR said:
    Fair enough. You're doing everything you can.

For perspective, my Bagman is champed at 122. If he was level 15 with 25 saved covers I wouldn't really care though.

The way I see it the 950 hp for a 10 pack just isn't worth it because, like most things in this game, if you wait long enough it's going to happen sooner or later. The thing that sets Bagman apart from the rest of the 2*s (besides the "trophy" aspect of having him rostered) is the LT for maxing him, right? Otherwise he's just another 2* that you'll barely, if ever, use.

But, to each his or her own. Cheers! :smile: