Shield Training

2»

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2019
    Maybe if the search function on the forums was better we wouldn’t need an oral history. Just sayin 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    So... This may be the worst covering I've ever had for a Shield Training character in the last 2 years.  Got him at 2/1/2, and that's with a cover I pulled today!

Of course it was from a BH.  

I'm not normally one to speak on dilution...  Buuuuuuuttttttt.... The proof is in the pudding.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
     The proof is in the pudding.
    Dilution Pudding sounds like a grunge band.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ronin entered tokens 12 days ago....the ST will open in 2 days and be open for 7....so it'll be 21 days of pulls by the time it closes.

My rate of Latest Legendary pulls is averaging about 4 per day from rewards (no spending except VIP).  So that's 84 pulls on average for me.  You'd need 100 pulls to have the law of averages reward 1 cover for Ronin from those pulls.  You'd get about 71 4's from the 84 pulls, so you might get lucky and get that 1 cover.  Bonus?  1:20 means you might get 3 bonus, but of course that's far from dependable.

So if you'd started with 6 Ronins you might come out OK if you are making that many pulls a day on average.  This is discounting lucky Heroic or PVP tokens.

Best of luck....!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2019
    And 4x LT pulls a day has to be a top 5 or top 10% rate across all players in mpq.

And I would add that a rate of 4x LTs/day should result in about 25 covers per 5* assuming a 6 week release schedule.  And 16-17 covers per character on a 4 week schedule, if that is the new normal. 

So even those hardcore players that are keeping pace with 5* releases are still struggling to match the ST schedule.  There is a real problem with the current rotation.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:

And I would add that a rate of 4x LTs/day should result in about 25 covers per 5* assuming a 6 week release schedule.  And 16-17 covers per character on a 4 week schedule, if that is the new normal. 

So even those hardcore players that are keeping pace with 5* releases are still struggling to match the ST schedule.  There is a real problem with the current rotation.

16 to 17 5* cover per char is in the ballpark.  As a default,  I am anticipating getting the latest 5* up to around 455 before they leave LL.  Its true that some covers are part of targeted special room buys (i.e. latest release store). but my real expectation is that Ill get 13-16 covers for each 5* exclusively through LL tokens.  I'm sure I've dipped into my CP hoard,  but yes my hoard is slowly and consistently growing.

Overall,  I'm seeing my 4* get to around 8-9 covers when their debut event ends.  when shield training rolls around, its never been an issue to BH for the last cover.

As I've stated before, I'm in the upper quartile of MPQ rosters, but there are far far bigger rosters who consistently outperform me in both PVP and PVE.

So for comparison and disclosure purposes.  MY CM is 460,  My Hela is 459, Pepper is 6 covers, Storm is 1 cover.  my Ronin is 11 covers, My Sabertooth is champed and my 4* Thanos is 271.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    Vhailorx said:

16 to 17 5* cover per char is in the ballpark.  As a default,  I am anticipating getting the latest 5* up to around 455 before they leave LL.  Its true that some covers are part of targeted special room buys (i.e. latest release store). but my real expectation is that Ill get 13-16 covers for each 5* exclusively through LL tokens.  I'm sure I've dipped into my CP hoard,  but yes my hoard is slowly and consistently growing.

Overall,  I'm seeing my 4* get to around 8-9 covers when their debut event ends.  when shield training rolls around, its never been an issue to BH for the last cover.

As I've stated before, I'm in the upper quartile of MPQ rosters, but there are far far bigger rosters who consistently outperform me in both PVP and PVE.

So for comparison and disclosure purposes.  MY CM is 460,  My Hela is 459, Pepper is 6 covers, Storm is 1 cover.  my Ronin is 11 covers, My Sabertooth is champed and my 4* Thanos is 271.
    I suspect you are above the upper quartile.  I have 9ish 5* champs.  I play perhaps 4-6 pve events to prog every month, but rarely finish above top 20.  I almost never play pvp, except maybe to poach season placement on the last weekend.  and I get ~2-4 LTs per week + cp. 

If I a mid-tier veteran roster like mine can earn top 50 in cl9 at will (and I can) then I suspect that I am well above the top quartile of all mpq players.  And you blow me out of the water.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Phumade said:
    Vhailorx said:

I suspect you are above the upper quartile.  I have 9ish 5* champs.  I play perhaps 4-6 pve events to prog every month, but rarely finish above top 20.  I almost never play pvp, except maybe to poach season placement on the last weekend.  and I get ~2-4 LTs per week + cp. 

If I a mid-tier veteran roster like mine can earn top 50 in cl9 at will (and I can) then I suspect that I am well above the top quartile of all mpq players.  And you blow me out of the water.

Top percentile vs top millile?